Paypal help.

Just received this message from my buyer. I asked him when I could expect payment.

"Hey buddy. sorry for the late response. i actually ran into some unanticipated problems with my paypal account. Paypal actually "limited" my account where I could no longer send or recieve payments. They wanted me to provide them with a bunch of info showing (SS card copy, drivers license, utility bill, etc). so ive submitted the documents to them. And i was just waiting for them to finish reviewing the info. But hopefully I should have the payment sent out to you by no later than Tuesday. Im sorry for the trouble man. But Im sure you have had your share of experiences with paypal as well. Once again, I do apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience."

I can't think of a single reason for having to provide any of the above documents. Has anyone heard of this or had to do it themselves? Is this guy a fraud?

Just received this message from my buyer. I asked him when I could expect payment.

"Hey buddy. sorry for the late response. i actually ran into some unanticipated problems with my paypal account. Paypal actually "limited" my account where I could no longer send or recieve payments. They wanted me to provide them with a bunch of info showing (SS card copy, drivers license, utility bill, etc). so ive submitted the documents to them. And i was just waiting for them to finish reviewing the info. But hopefully I should have the payment sent out to you by no later than Tuesday. Im sorry for the trouble man. But Im sure you have had your share of experiences with paypal as well. Once again, I do apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience."

I can't think of a single reason for having to provide any of the above documents. Has anyone heard of this or had to do it themselves? Is this guy a fraud?

he's just telling you that HE has to provide that before he can send you payment. this situation requires nothing from you except patience.

he's just telling you that HE has to provide that before he can send you payment. this situation requires nothing from you except patience.

^ I know they want the info from him.

I'm just asking if what he's saying sounds suspicious. I doubt paypal would need to see a utility bill, social security card, or a drivers license. Just seems fishy.

^ I know they want the info from him.

I'm just asking if what he's saying sounds suspicious. I doubt paypal would need to see a utility bill, social security card, or a drivers license. Just seems fishy.

im pretty sure that dude is feeding you bull, i havent done a ton of transactions via paypal but never have i had a security problem so im pretty sure that dude is just a lame trying to get more time outta you

im pretty sure that dude is feeding you bull, i havent done a ton of transactions via paypal but never have i had a security problem so im pretty sure that dude is just a lame trying to get more time outta you

My friend recently had the same problem as your buyer. I think it was because he had a lot of transactions in a short matter of time(Money sent/refunded/received/etc.) If I remember correctly they told him to sign up for some paypal credit card(?) which somehow got his account frozen. He had to send a copy of his SS card and all other documents they asked for. Took about 1-2 weeks to get his account back after calling and talking to the right people. If you Google something about Paypal account freezes, it seems like it happens to a lot of people.

My friend recently had the same problem as your buyer. I think it was because he had a lot of transactions in a short matter of time(Money sent/refunded/received/etc.) If I remember correctly they told him to sign up for some paypal credit card(?) which somehow got his account frozen. He had to send a copy of his SS card and all other documents they asked for. Took about 1-2 weeks to get his account back after calling and talking to the right people. If you Google something about Paypal account freezes, it seems like it happens to a lot of people.

he is not lying. it happens but the fact that his account was limited to begin with should throw up some flags. in some cases, that only happens when he's been suspected of fraudulent activity.

he is not lying. it happens but the fact that his account was limited to begin with should throw up some flags. in some cases, that only happens when he's been suspected of fraudulent activity.

maybe if you guys knew anything about paypal you wouldnt give wrong answers.

the story is legit, thats what they ask for when you paypal is limited. Meaning any money in his account is frozen and cannot but used or withdrawn while hes limited. If he wants his account back he has to provide, SSN, ID, and all kinds of info and copies just to get his account back and most of the time they wont give your account back. Hes not playing with you but its gonna take awhile if he does get his account back.

You might as well sell/relist to someone else because i doubt he will be paying anytime soon.

maybe if you guys knew anything about paypal you wouldnt give wrong answers.

the story is legit, thats what they ask for when you paypal is limited. Meaning any money in his account is frozen and cannot but used or withdrawn while hes limited. If he wants his account back he has to provide, SSN, ID, and all kinds of info and copies just to get his account back and most of the time they wont give your account back. Hes not playing with you but its gonna take awhile if he does get his account back.

You might as well sell/relist to someone else because i doubt he will be paying anytime soon.

happened to me a few weeks ago. I had to fax a utility bill and fill out some info about my cards and stuff. It took paypal a couple of days to remove the hold on my account.

happened to me a few weeks ago. I had to fax a utility bill and fill out some info about my cards and stuff. It took paypal a couple of days to remove the hold on my account.

Back
Top Bottom