PayPal gift scam HELP

I made the stupid decision to purchase a pair of Concords for $200 on Craigslist. Buyer seemed legit, sent me pictures, agreed to take back the shoes in case I was not satisfied. On my wrongdoing, I sent him the payment as a gift through PayPal. He said he would ship them out Tuesday morning. On Monday, I emailed him about the tracking number, arrival date, etc. He has failed to respond. PayPal was able to contact him, and he says he hasn't shipped them out yet and he is continuing to not respond to me. In other words, I feel that I am getting scammed. As a result, PayPal is currently monitoring his account. However, I have heard that PayPal is really of no help in this situation. I have kept every single email that he has sent since that email address is linked to his PayPal account. I have already filed a dispute with my credit card company. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by CobaltSS

I made the stupid decision to purchase a pair of Concords for $200 on Craigslist. Buyer seemed legit, sent me pictures, agreed to take back the shoes in case I was not satisfied. On my wrongdoing, I sent him the payment as a gift through PayPal. He said he would ship them out Tuesday morning. On Monday, I emailed him about the tracking number, arrival date, etc. He has failed to respond. PayPal was able to contact him, and he says he hasn't shipped them out yet and he is continuing to not respond to me. As a result, PayPal is currently monitoring his account. I have kept every single email that he has sent since that email address is linked to his PayPal account. I have already filed a dispute with my credit card company. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
mad.gif

Stopped reading right there.

30t6p3b.gif

The whole point of craigslist is to do everything in person.

Let your credit card company handle everything.

Craigslist..concords..$200..paypal gift payment...you deserved to get scammed

If you paid with a cc you should be able to do a chargeback though

If you paid with a credit card, and not a debit card, then file a chargeback.

There is nothing wrong with paying as a gift as long as you use a credit card.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

It was a stupid %## decision that I made. I have started the process with my cc company regarding this issue. However, I don't know how or when I will get my money back.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

This.

File a chargeback through your CC company and you'll get the money back eventually. Will probably take a few weeks.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

This.

File a chargeback through your CC company and you'll get the money back eventually. Will probably take a few weeks.

I don't know how much value this will have, but I also have kept on file a record of all the emails the seller has sent which also happens to be linked to his PayPal account. These emails detailed the transaction.

michaeljordanlol_1.gif

off topic, but sold my 2 pairs of concords thru paypal...if the buyer pulls this cc chargeback nonsense even tho i sent it legit, is there a chance of me gettin left in the dust?

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

off topic, but sold my 2 pairs of concords thru paypal...if the buyer pulls this cc chargeback nonsense even tho i sent it legit, is there a chance of me gettin left in the dust?

if you have proof of you selling it and the buyer receiving it, there should not be an issue

Ship with signature confirmation to a confirmed address and you're fine.

I gotta agree with this

Ship with signature confirmation to a confirmed address and you're fine.

Yes, if you can't provide shipping confirmation and the buyer files against you.......GAME OVER.

$200 will barely get you the box and the left shoe...

let me get this straight;

Jordan XI's with tax are roughly $192.00+$15 to ship=$207.00 so you thought the seller was just nice and would take a loss for you 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry, you essentially signed all propriety of that $200 away when you elected to send the money as a "gift."

Legally, there is nothing that the credit card company or Paypal can do about it. All the correspondence in the world has nothing to do with the "gift" that you sent.

R.I.P. OP, you got hustled brah

Back
Top Bottom