Paper inside Space Jams

Does anyone, keep their tissue paper inside their Space Jams (2009)? I'm not talkin about people who never ever ever open their box and keep them DS straight from purchase, but the people who actually open the box, wear them (sometimes if ever), rotate them. I've heard so many things from people, even contacted NIKE and they said it's fine... just wanted to hear some legit opinions from experience.

Naw I keep the blue shoe trees that came with them in my SJ's, but I don't use them a lot anyway, I have had good fortune because mine haven't creased at all yet an I wear them like once every week or every two weeks hopefully this no creasing thing continues.

funny thing is, all my shoes i keep stored i take the paper out, i actually keep the paper in my spacejams bc the paper is soo thin n has no color to it, it just has that carbon look. so w.e i keep it in

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Yeh, I keep the paper with the Space Jam XI.

Are you afraid that your Space Jam XI yellow?

Well, it's a question i've always wondered since I purchased them back in January. I know over a long period of time all shoes get yellow, but i'm trying to find the best way to preserve them.

I took out the paper when i got them and just put 2 silica packs in the box and they've stayed icey for 5 months. I'm about to unDS them because its starting to get warm outside.

You should really be worry about the temperature, lighting, and the moisture around the area where you are storing your Space Jam XI at rather than worrying about the paper.

The best way? Buy a refrigerator just for your sneakers alone.

Just a question, I've got the Space Jams and the Silver Anniversary, and do you guys notice that sometimes you'll find a dark shade of "blue/or yellow" depending on the sole color on either shoe. Like on my Silver Anniversary, the sole is like a blue/green, and I see a spot of yellow kinda on the back by the heel next to the traction pad. Just wondering if anyone ever notices this.

^^^ yeah the XI annies are blueish/green and look in the XI anni threat it's eaither the last page or 2nd to last, i posted a picture of how the back of mine are already yellowing after like 4-5 wears. let me know if thats where urs are yellowing too...

Originally Posted by sWaggA sO FreSh

^^^ yeah the XI annies are blueish/green and look in the XI anni threat it's eaither the last page or 2nd to last, i posted a picture of how the back of mine are already yellowing after like 4-5 wears. let me know if thats where urs are yellowing too...

Hey bro, no mine are differnt. Mine is an actually like a quarter inch, and is located right between the traction pad and the clear sole. I think that some dirt may have got in there when I was trying my shoe on or something.

luckily the space jams have that special pull out box so if ur worried about it, just take the paper and put it underneath the "Drawer". that way , you still keep the paper but it's not directly contacting your jams

Originally Posted by DaBoyWonda

SMH what people do for a pair of shoes.

Welcome to Nike Talk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 617collector

I keep them in a plastic bag

I LOL @ everyone that does this with any shoe! Plastic wrap, bags, ect.....

Do you realize that you are just trapping all of the germs, parasites and other bs in the air with the shoe? It just sits, grows and eats away at the shoe. You see how some cats get mold growing on all of their %#$ after wrapping them up. Man store the shoes the regular way. It's gonna do what its gonna do. You can't keep em forever. 

i just flatten out the paper and lay them on top

takes too much time tryna make em perfect....or even put them in the box

Yeah after wearing any shoe that I don't want to crease I put the paper back in the make it hold its shape.

Originally Posted by 617collector

I keep them in a plastic bag

i do the same with all my XI
but i put my jams  in my jordan XVII suit case....
an my white XI in my jam box......

Back
Top Bottom