Packers Cheating As Well?

Posted: 1 hours 22 minutes ago [h1]League investigating reports of Packers bounty offers[/h1]
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- NFL officials are investigating whether Green Bay Packers players offered payments to teammates for achieving specific defensive goals.

League rules prohibit teams and players "from offering or accepting bonuses to a player for his or his team's performance against a particular team, a particular opposing player or players, or a particular group of an opposing team."
[table][tr][td]

Thanksgiving Day games:
» Green Bay at Detroit, 12:30 p.m. ET (FOX)
» N.Y. Jets at Dallas, 4:15 p.m. ET (CBS)
» Indianapolis at Atlanta, 8:15 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

More Thanksgiving:
» Photos: Best of Thanksgiving 2006
» Photos: Thanksgiving in the NFL
» Thanksgiving and the NFL | Results
» Thanksgiving serves up classic games
» Grange made his NFL debut on Thanksgiving
[/td] [/tr][/table]
League spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the investigation Monday.

ESPN reported that Packers defensive backs offered to pay the team's defensive linemen $500 each if they were able to hold Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson under 100 yards rushing two weeks ago, and another $500 for holding Carolina to under 60 yards rushing as a team on Sunday.

Peterson was held to 45 yards rushing before he left the Vikings' Nov. 11 loss to the Packers with an injury. But the Panthers rushed for 131 yards in Sunday's loss to Green Bay.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Monday morning he was not aware of the situation, but had not yet spoken to general manager Ted Thompson.

"I have no knowledge of that," McCarthy said. "I have not been made aware of that. I haven't talked to Ted today, so if it's something that happened this morning, we have not spoken." Packers players were not available to the media on Monday after their 31-17 victory over Carolina.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Makes me wonder if they tried to hurt AD to get him out the game, guaranteeing their payday.

indifferent.gif
First of all AD got hurt by a CB not a defensive linemanand it was a clean play. Second I dont think 500 bucks is going to affect them that much when they are making millions of dollars each year. Third
laugh.gif
@ cheating.

Aren't these similar to performance bonuses that are handed out all the time? Someone with more knowledge explain (is it the injury thing?)

Makes me wonder if they tried to hurt AD to get him out the game, guaranteeing their payday.

That is a good point, now i see why the league would have a problem with this.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
how the hell is that cheating? 500 bucks to keep a guy under 100 yards is like DBs on a high school team offerin 5 bucks to a high school D lineman, itsnot a big deal, their not head hunting, trying to take people out of the game.

players often have this type of stuff in their contracts anyway, like in baseball a guy gets a bonus for every base he steals in the playoffs

this is not cheating, trust

and
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
at thinking that had anything to do with AP getting injured, harris hit him and he tweaked his knee, again,
smh.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

That is a very good point, now i see why the league would have a problem with this.

are you kidding?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
thats a terrible point, if a point at all... dudes arent gonnamaliciously go out and try to take out a ROOKIE by injuring him on purpose cause they want an extra 500 bucks, on top of their 2-3 MILLION that their makinganyway
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yall are dumb as hell if you think that had anything to do with AL HARRIS hitting AP and taking him out. dumb

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Ridiculous. Nothing will happen, trust. If something does happen... good bye miracle season.

lol, dont sweat... no ones gonna be suspended, if BB can tape other teams signals and actually cheat, and only geta fine... theres gonna be hell if anything more of a slap on the wrist will be applied to the packers.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Ridiculous. Nothing will happen, trust. If something does happen... good bye miracle season.

lol, dont sweat... no ones gonna be suspended, if BB can tape other teams signals and actually cheat, and only get a fine... theres gonna be hell if anything more of a slap on the wrist will be applied to the packers.

I'm just paranoid. Can you imagine bye bye Kampman and KGB?

Btw Jolly is out for a couple of weeks right?
tired.gif

im not sure how much i trust John Clayton on this subject anyways, but the way he just summerized it, its only against the rules if the money is coming fromthe coaches... i dont see ANY way that this could result in player suspensions

Wow...I guess we cheated in HS...we usta do isht like that alla time...I don't see nothin wrong with it...

How is this different than a running back or a quaterback buying his O-Line watches after a good season??

Back
Top Bottom