OG VS. The Retro Vol. They are NOT the same !!

dmoney82

Banned
First of of all do you guys realize that it is hard as hell to get the colors and materials down to the exact science 20 years later. Retros are an enhancementof the OG version. How in the hell can you make an exact copy of something when you no longer use the same materials, colors ect. you did 20 years ago? I hatewhen people think that a retro and an OG are and should be the same. An OG can't be a retro and a retro can't be an OG. There are gonna be a fewdifferent changes and details in a retro. Even with all of our technology today, it is hard to make a carbon copy of a 69' Mustang in 2009. Do you get whatI'm saying?

Accept and respect the retro.......

There is a difference between the retro and and altered version of an OG as such as the Infrared 6's soon to be released. So you can't confuse the two.

Input is appreciated.

Word... I Get What Your Tryin To Say I Really Don't Have A Problem With All Retros But It Looks Like JB Put More Work Into Fusions 6 Rings & Etc...Then They Do Retros

i see your point but JB doesn't put effort in trying to match the retro with the OG in color/shape/quality to the best of their ability.

to them, it's profit over customer satisfaction... so maybe that's why everyone is complaining?

Originally Posted by CityFly

Word... I Get What Your Tryin To Say I Really Don't Have A Problem With All Retros But It Looks Like JB Put More Work Into Fusions 6 Rings & Etc... Then They Do Retros
co-sign

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

i see your point but JB doesn't put effort in trying to match the retro with the OG in color/shape/quality to the best of their ability.

to them, it's profit over customer satisfaction... so maybe that's why everyone is complaining?
that is true as well, the only way for them to listen is stop settling for watever they put out.

simply dont buy them regardless if it's a og colorway.

the varsity red 6's are a good example.

plenty ppl hate yet they still will buy them

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Retros are an enhancement of the OG version. .

Reminds me of a post from the other day. It pointed out that the Retro XII has better cushioning, but poorer materials compared to OGs.

Retro doesn't always mean lesser quality... and some of the OG Jordans weren't great quality to begin with, but some of the Retros turned out
over the years haven't been up to scratch.

Enhance the materials then.......i havent balled in Jordans for about 5/6yrs
Are at least find a happy medium where you can take time out for the quality and the functioning of the shoe

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Retros are an enhancement of the OG version. .

Reminds me of a post from the other day. It pointed out that the Retro XII has better cushioning, but poorer materials compared to OGs.

Retro doesn't always mean lesser quality... and some of the OG Jordans weren't great quality to begin with, but some of the Retros turned out
I've never worn retro XIIs but my OGs are the most comfortable Jordans I own. Is it really true that the retros are more comfy?

I Hate how there coming out with Great Colorways for these Ugly %+% Fusions it is very irritating

Not sure how you can bring up Infrared VI's

If they were a stand alone Jordan, and not a retro, they would get bashed. For the overall look and quality.

They'd get the same attention True Flight's got up here. Heck 16.5's and True Flight's quality is ten times better than a lot of these retrosJB puts out.

I pulled out my Fire Red V's the other day and compared them to my V's I got in 2000, and the 2006's feel like fakes.

Forget retroing 20 year old sneakers. JB can't even properly retro sneakers they just put out a few years ago, you can look at the CDP's and see that.

One day soon I hope someone interviews a Jordan Brand executive, other than Gentry Humphrey, and ask them besides nostalgia what exactly the retros have incommon to their OG counterparts...

There are a ton of complaints and questions I feel need justification from this company since we are all passionate about the products..

Why is the quality comparably cheaper then they were years ago?

Why is it so hard to replicate your company's own creation....is it so hard to find an OG model, computerize a scanned version of it, and make slightalterations in preparation for the retro mold?...if not why do the retro's look so dull and uninspired?

How much pride goes into re-creating a special shoe in the Jordan Brand history?

Despite the economy, Jordan Brand seems to still make a huge impact in the shoe market...why have the prices increased then? Are you fully aware that thecustomers, many of whom have grown up with the brand are frustrated with these issues?

...Seriously someone needs to interrogate these people. I know Gentry Humphrey has been interviewed many times in the past. But the questions are usually veryvague and generic...."What can we expect in the near future?" for example....aint nobody wanna hear that...

We need to know about the present...why the quality is as crappy as they are..why retros aren't heralded more with regard to higher standards like it'sOG counterparts...

A few slight ommisions is fine when you construct a mold...but his company seems to take that to an extreme...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

One day soon I hope someone interviews a Jordan Brand executive, other than Gentry Humphrey, and ask them besides nostalgia what exactly the retros have in common to their OG counterparts...

There are a ton of complaints and questions I feel need justification from this company since we are all passionate about the products..

Why is the quality comparably cheaper then they were years ago?

Why is it so hard to replicate your company's own creation....is it so hard to find an OG model, computerize a scanned version of it, and make slight alterations in preparation for the retro mold?...if not why do the retro's look so dull and uninspired?

How much pride goes into re-creating a special shoe in the Jordan Brand history?

Despite the economy, Jordan Brand seems to still make a huge impact in the shoe market...why have the prices increased then? Are you fully aware that the customers, many of whom have grown up with the brand are frustrated with these issues?

...Seriously someone needs to interrogate these people. I know Gentry Humphrey has been interviewed many times in the past. But the questions are usually very vague and generic...."What can we expect in the near future?" for example....aint nobody wanna hear that...

We need to know about the present...why the quality is as crappy as they are..why retros aren't heralded more with regard to higher standards like it's OG counterparts...

A few slight ommisions is fine when you construct a mold...but his company seems to take that to an extreme...
Pride? LOL! There is no Pride. Just Money. There is no Pride when you compare the CDP IV to the 99 IV, not to mention the OG IV. Theyseriously cannot look at that shoe in comparison and be proud of it, and anyone that does is an idiot. Thats just one of numerous examples.

Proud of the Shoe- No
Proud of the Shoe because it makes money- Yes

As far as quality goes, they have to make their investors happy, not the collectors. Its saddening but true. Way back when, they looked at the shoes andthought " How do we alter these shoes to use less material, and still look like the originals?" Pleather equals no real leather, which equals moremoney. Altering the shoe to use less Pleather equals even more money. They know that most of the consumers dont care about shape and quality, and that mostcollectors realize that nobody is going to go up to your feet and say " Hey, your shoe is 1 inch shorter than the same model 10 years ago. Thats life inCorporate America.

However, for OG Color Retros, I dont know why they dont do a Supreme type Release, charge a premium, and use real leather. Thats why the majority of theseshoes look off, is because of the pleather they use.

Its not that they cant make the shoes closer to the original, its that they Choose not to, in favor of a bigger return.

Once they started mass producing Jordans because of the hype, quality went down, there was no pride in the brand of the shoe, and all of a sudden, they stoppedappreciating the consumer.

Stopped spending money on the Jordan Brand magazine, no more flyers, free gifts in the mail.....

You're basically trying to justify cheaper quality and disregarding of details. A mustang is a car, made of tons of different components, a sneaker isRUBBER and LEATHER, it's not hard at all to use the same type of leather. JB is simply using cheaper materials, that accounts for the difference.

if you bring a color sample to home depot theyll match it on the spot, so why cant JB get colors right???

I'll never forgot Michael Jordan's comments on Inside Nike.
"Evertime we make a shoe, that's the best we can do."

The best for whom exactly, and why did you look away from the camera when you said that?

Great poker face MJ

Originally Posted by El Bro

I dont know why they dont do a Supreme type Release, charge a premium, and use real leather

They've probably thought about it, and when they decide it's a more profitable way to Retro shoes than what they're doing now, they'll
do it.

Originally Posted by Shoebacca

I've never worn retro XIIs but my OGs are the most comfortable Jordans I own. Is it really true that the retros are more comfy?

That was one person's opinion anyway. TBH, i'm not in a position to compare comfort on the two.

i know it wont be the same but come on they dont even try there leather on sneakers is a joke aswell as there suede its truely ridiculous ! the Nike Air Yeezyis a prefect example the zen grey and net/net and blk/pink colorway have such great leather ! its buttery soft smooth to the touch it feels great cresing isminimal and its really breatheable and the suede feels really good aswell and there patent leather its amazing ! Compared to the cdp 11s patent they dont standa chance the Yeezy is way better in quality , comfort and overall design !

Anyone who claims im wrong on the yeezys has obviously never felt or seen one in person its truely amazing i look at my yeezys and wish jordan could have thesepremium materials . I would rather wait in line for 2 days again for my yeezys then wait for any of Jordan Brands crappy products people can argue all theywant about hype on yeezys but they truely are amazing and once i held the zen colorway i knew why people where hyped not just cause it was kanyes sneaker butbecause the sneaker truely had everything and was done the best it could be with premium materials and the greatest sneaker in comfort by far that no numberedjordan can even try and match !

Originally Posted by Rick2345

people where hyped not just cause it was kanyes sneaker but because the sneaker truely had everything and was done the best it could be with premium materials and the greatest sneaker in comfort by far that no numbered jordan can even try and match !

really? so you waited in line 2 days because it was the most comfortable sneaker by far? But at the same time you didn't know that until you had them inyour hands.

It is lucky you had a random un-hype related impulse to wait in line so long to discover why you were willing to wait in the first place. (If that made nosense to you, you're right, it doesn't)

And I am willing to bet that most people will find the nice double stacked zoom in a pair of 19s to be more comfortable than the 21 year old model sole in yourprecious yeezys. But then again I wasn't willing to wait days in line so I am just guessing.

Originally Posted by JLking

Originally Posted by CityFly

Word... I Get What Your Tryin To Say I Really Don't Have A Problem With All Retros But It Looks Like JB Put More Work Into Fusions 6 Rings & Etc... Then They Do Retros
co-sign

exactly

Back
Top Bottom