Official Wale Attention: Deficit Thread

walealbumdu9.jpg

Release date for this album is September 22, 2009

Wale's upcoming debut album name is Attention: Deficit

Mark Ronson is the Executive Producer for the album

Post any info about the album

Tracklist

Chllin ft. Lady Gaga (Produced by Cool & Dre) (First Single)
Pretty Girls (Produced by Best Kept Secret)
OG (Produced by Sean C and LV)
Be Right (Produced by Cool & Dre)
Mamma Told Me (Produced by Best Kept Secret)
Artistic Integrity Pt. 2 (Center of Attention) (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E League)
World Tour ft. Jazmine Sullivan & Q-Tip (Produced by Cool & Dre)
Mirrors ft. Bun B (Produced by Mark Ronson)
Shades ft. Chrisette Michelle (Produced by 9th Wonder)
Triumph (Produced by David Andrew Sitek)
Diary ft. Marsha Ambrosious (Produced by Sleepwalkers)
Warrior ft. K'naan (Produced by David Andrew Sitek)
90210 (Produced by Mark Ronson)
W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E. (Produced by Justice)
? ft. John Mayer

Production Credits

Confirmed
Mark Ronson
Pharrell
9th Wonder
Best Kept Secret (4 Tracks)
Sean C and LV
Cool And Dre
J.U.S.T.I.C.E League
DJ Green Lantern (1 Track)
David Andrew Sitek from TV on the Radio (2 Tracks)
Sleepwalkers (1 Track)

Possible

DJ Toomp
DJ Infamous
Eric Hudson
Sam Hollander

Other Info

In a April Interview with XXL Mag, Wale said there would be 13 tracks on the album..

"Expect more such content on the album: A song he's recording with Chrisette Michelle, "Shades," discusses "the racism within ourown race." (He promises that "Chrisette's killing this hook right now," too."

"Wale stopped into Travis Barker's studio in LA two weeks ago before the X-Games Pre-Party to lay down a verse for Travis' solo album. Travisthen laid down some live drums on a Wale album cut, "G Told Me" produced by Sean C & LV ("Roc Boys")."

"Album is pretty much done and it's awesome. We will be unveling album title, pre-album tour plans and a lot of other amazing stuff in the comingmonths!" - Elitaste

Wale has said that Travis Barker helped work on some songs on the album in a interview

"Wale said he plans to release an album under Allido in March, and Ronson will be the executive producer. Wale said his new album, which is untitled asof now, won't be conceptual like The Mixtape About Nothing. "I've got a lot of ideas, but the subject matter on the upcoming record will be a lotmore broad," he said."

"Album is about 80% done..album will be coming out first quarter next year..im submitting my album at the end of October and it will drop sometime inMarch irregardless of anything. We set a date and are working back from that."

"We pressing up the first single right now." Wale revealed. "It's gonna be Chillin, the real version"

""We got a lot of Cool & Dre [production] on the album," he revealed. "I don't really have any rappers [on the album] except forBun. And there's one more person that might be on that record with me and Bun… Marsha Ambrosius is on [the album]. She's amazing. [Rock band] TV On TheRadio, who [haven't] done anything with an emcee yet [are on the album]. We trying to push the envelope on creativity in music."

"Mark's been fine tuning a lot of the records [on the album]," said Wale. "He [took] a lot of records from A to A-plus."

"An additional track on Wale's forthcoming album was laced by producer/deejay Green Lantern . According to Green, he recently produced two songsfor Wale, one of which he told DX is locked-in for Wale's first full-length."

"But there's an unexpected name on that list, too: TV on the Radio sound-sculptor David Sitek. Sitek's done a ton of production work outsidehis own band, manning the boards for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Scarlett Johansson, and Foals, among others, but Wale is the first rapper he's worked with.

Wale and Sitek have completed two tracks together. Antibalas alums Stuart Bogie and Todd Simon play horns on the tracks, while Breakestra's DaveChegwidden plays congos. Rock star poet Saul Williams may handle the hook on one, and TVOTR frontman Tunde Adebimpe may sing on the other. Tre, frontman forthe go-go band UCB (also doing some work with Sitek, according to Wale's manager) helped with melodies and horn arrangements."'

The video for the first single "Chillin" was recently shot in Boston and DC and will have cameos from Lady Gaga, Bun B, Young Chris, Tre andothers...

Interviews

Check out this Wale interview with HipHopGame,
he talks some about the album
http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=wale4

Dubcnn Interview

Dubcnn: Which producers can we expect you to work with on your album?

Wale: I've already done stuff with Just Blaze and Pharrell. Me and Just Blaze are getting close, he's a real good dude. Pharrell is cool, DJ Toomp,and I got my people from D.C. Best Kept Secret, we did a lot of records together. It's a lot of people that I'm looking forward to working with,it's about being able to get with them, that's a different story. I'd love to get with DJ Premier, but it's not always easy to get to him.

Dubcnn: Can we expect the album to have the Go Go sound that we've been hearing from you?

Wale: Yeah, definitely! A lot of Hip-Hop has had Go Go sounds, it's just that people analyze it a little bit more when it's coming from me. It'sa lot of live drums and things of that nature on the album

Dubcnn: Do you have an estimated time frame when we can expect your album to come out?

Wale: January!

Rhapsody Interview

Wale: The record might have four joints from DJ Premier and one from Mark.

Wale: But I'm not gonna wait for [Kanye's] Glow in the Dark tour to end. I know Kanye is more rapper than producer now. So it might make more sensefor me to do a song with him rapping rather than trying to get him to make beats when that's not where his heart's at right now.

La Weekly Interview

LA Weekly: How's the album coming?

Wale: It's coming, man, we're just fine-tuning a little bit. We got Cool & Dre on there, Mark Ronson, Best Kept Secret from DC and a coupleother people. I got 60 songs done, so I can't say who's going to be on the record or not, as we're figuring that out in private or whatnot. ButCool & Dre, Ronson, Best Kept Secret and TV on the Radio are definitely going to be on the project.

LA Weekly: How were the recording sessions with TV on the Radio?

Wale: It was kinda funny because I wasn't too familiar with their music and they weren't that familiar with mine, but when people that make goodmusic get around each other then something good is going to come out of it.

LA Weekly: Out of those 60 songs, is there a package or a vibe that's starting to gel into what will make a fluid album?

Wale: I'm just trying to do my best to push the envelope, sonically. At first, I was going for a specific sound, but now it's like, let me do alltypes of records, let me make all types of sounds, not just a regional sound of DC, let's make a world sound.

LA Weekly: Still calling the album, Love Day?

Wale: No, not Love Day....it's bigger than that now, it's expanded. We're going to announce the name of the album in a week or two.

Videos

Wale X Travis Barker working on a song off the album G Told Me (Produced by Sean C & LV)

Wale X Mark Ronson X UCB in studio

Wale X TV On The Radio in studio

Wale x Adam Tensta x The Glitch Mob in studio

Chillin Music Video

I Made this thread for one of my favorite artists right now
cant wait for the album
also wale can you clear up if there is kanye production on the album because that rhapsody interview left it open and articles are reporting you do so imwondering if it is true or not?

looking for the hov collab..............

and the ye and netpune tracks........

eff it, i'm just looking foward to the album.

looking for the hov collab..............

and the ye and netpune tracks........

eff it, i'm just looking foward to the album.

Production Credits

Confirmed
Mark Ronson
Justice
Pharrell
Just Blaze
9th Wonder
DJ Premier
Best Kept Secret
DJ Toomp
Sean C & LV
Cool And Dre

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cav23j

"Expect more such content on the album: A song he's recording with Chrisette Michelle, "Shades," discusses "the racism within our own race." (He promises that "Chrisette's killing this hook right now," too."

I want to hear that song.

Right now.

I would like to see more "new, unknown" producers on the album.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I would like to see more "new, unknown" producers on the album.
Co-sign the big name producers ain't doin it for me anymore, except for Premo. And Wale is my one of my favorite artist right now, but I havea feeling this album ain't coming out.

jay-z will def have a feature
i dont know who else will
maybe a track with kid cudi or the clipse
and the album will deff come out
everyone better cop it

Back
Top Bottom