Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread . First (preseason) game in 2 days! Season Thread is up!

looks more and more like derozan is going to be the raptors pick at #9.

all the teams above only seem to be marginally interested in him.

and with the hiring of mark iavaroni as an assistant, it looks like bc finally got the next head coach he wanted in the first place.

What's everybody's opinion on Triano being brought back? I think I remember most being against it at season's end.

I think Iavaroni is a great addition to the coaching staff, and am glad to see English returning.

lol derozen is nice...he's a winner too...

as far as bosh...i'd be upset if my team kept taking one step forward and then two steps back. BC needs to realize the midas touch is gone and he needs toreally work/scout/negotiate so we can get some help for CB.

throw some money at rip hamilton when he opts out, pick up demar, bring back delfino and our scoring might be improved.

bargnani has the C position locked down, does anyone know if the rasho rumours are true? i'd take rasho back as a back-up anyday.

the back up point guard job might be okay with ukic and even doobie back there who showed he could ball.

possible line up

Calderon
Hamilton
Derozen
Bosh
Bargnani

Bench
Delfino
Ukic
Douby
Pops
Rasho
O'Bryant
Jawai
Kapono
Hump
Banks
Vokshul

We'd obviously have to cut one person (Jake the Snake).

That team could crack the second round if we play some defense.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

What's everybody's opinion on Triano being brought back? I think I remember most being against it at season's end.

I think Iavaroni is a great addition to the coaching staff, and am glad to see English returning.

bc in the exact situation he wants with the coaches.

brining back triano allows him to not seem too rash with the changes and brining on iavaroni allows him to have the guy he wanted to hire when the smitchsurprised everyone by winning coach of the year.

Triano was brought back because MLSE didn't want to pay Sam Mitchell and another coach at the same time. Triano is also a "yes-man"and he's just grateful to have a job in the NBA.

As for Iavaroni...it's great that we brought such a defensive guru into Toronto. After all, he did a great job teaching defense in Phoenix...

I had no idea there was rumor that Rasho was going to come back. If so, I would take it. He can play D on those bigs like Shaq and Dwight, and can be in thereto pick up a few fouls and body those guys.

As for throwing money at someone, I would LOOOOOVE to see Rip in a raps uniform. Ive been a huge fan of his game since the Washington days.

As for Iavaroni, I think this is the perfect situation to be in. I think Jay is a great coach in a sense that his is able to get his players to play. I knowthat all during the time he was head coach, he would stress about the fast break, and getting quick buckets. Iavaroni is a perfect fit for that, because thatswhat he did so well in Phx with.

All we need is to upgrade at the 2/3 spot, and I think were in good shape.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Triano was brought back because MLSE didn't want to pay Sam Mitchell and another coach at the same time. Triano is also a "yes-man" and he's just grateful to have a job in the NBA.

As for Iavaroni...it's great that we brought such a defensive guru into Toronto. After all, he did a great job teaching defense in Phoenix...

triano doesn't get a new contract as head coach? wow mlse are shiesty as hell.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

alright i searched 'raptors offseason', 'raptors off season', 'raptors season', 'official raptors', 'raptors thread', and 'raptors' and didnt see it so im making one
laugh.gif

looks more and more like derozan is going to be the raptors pick at #9.

all the teams above only seem to be marginally interested in him.

and with the hiring of mark iavaroni as an assistant, it looks like bc finally got the next head coach he wanted in the first place.
Thats actually not true, apparently BC has always thought he was a lead assistant and not a head coach.

Rip signed an extension with the Pistons the day or two before the Billups-Iverson trade, so that's a no go.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Triano was brought back because MLSE didn't want to pay Sam Mitchell and another coach at the same time. Triano is also a "yes-man" and he's just grateful to have a job in the NBA.

I don't think thats fair.

Ivaroni took a team made up of Steve Nash (one of the worst defensive points), Raja Bell (an incredibly overrated defender, who is a liability at this point),Amare (One of the WORST defensive PF's) and made them into a middle of the road defensive squad.

With Ivaroni they gave up 105 points per 100 possesions (16th in the league), without him it balloned to 111.6 (26th)
laugh.gif

The only good defender he had was Shaun Marion.

just watch if triano fails. iavaroni is going to get plugged into that head coach spot so damn fast.

which of course i dont want him to. i like triano as a coach, he did a fantastic job with the national program, which is currently being run into the ground bylame-o rautins.

on the draft, i wouldnt even mind if they grabbed someone like dejuan blair. i dont really think he suits the team, nor do i think he addresses the main pointsthat need addressing but it's just been so damn long since anything resembling toughness has been present on a raptors squad.

He has said this many time, he does not believe Ivaroni is a head coach unless it's an interim/money thing I bet my screen name that he is never going tobe the coach of the Toronto Raptors.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

He has said this many time, he does not believe Ivaroni is a head coach unless it's an interim/money thing I bet my screen name that he is never going to be the coach of the Toronto Raptors.

im not starting with you again.

you got your opinion so go on with yourself.
laugh.gif

why would i care if you keep your screen name? why do people ever bet their sn's?

For those that visit the RealGM forums, thoughts on all those proposed Warrior trades for Bosh?

elaborate.

The problem with Golden State it always involves us taking back some stupid contract.

Monta Ellis?

I have NO interest he would fix our wing problems but is a liability on defense on Coloangelo is looking to make the Raptors tougher and improve the perimeterD.

Ronny Turiaf.

A little more interested, plays good defense, blocks shots. He would improve out toughness, help defense but his rebounding isn't particularly impressive,but then Bargnani gets gaurded by PF's instead of centers which is something I don't want. Plus the contract is rediculous.

Beidriens

Would improve our rebounding but that contract...I don't want that $!!* on the books.
ohwell.gif

I'd rather trade Bosh for young, overpaid talent than for pennies on the dollar talent, or even worst lose him for nothing.

turiaf's contract is not bad.
for the things he does and plus, he's a fan favorite.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The problem with Golden State it always involves us taking back some stupid contract.

Monta Ellis?

I have NO interest he would fix our wing problems but is a liability on defense on Coloangelo is looking to make the Raptors tougher and improve the perimeter D.

Ronny Turiaf.

A little more interested, plays good defense, blocks shots. He would improve out toughness, help defense but his rebounding isn't particularly impressive, but then Bargnani gets gaurded by PF's instead of centers which is something I don't want. Plus the contract is rediculous.

Beidriens

Would improve our rebounding but that contract...I don't want that $!!* on the books.
ohwell.gif

I have to chime in here. I have no problem if you dont want certain Warriors because of "stupid" contracts. But the three players you listed reallyarent our "stupid" contracts. Those would be Jackson and Maggette. I dont see how you consider any of those 3, stupid contracts.

Well it was among the members of both teams I meant.

Not actually between the teams, atleast I think.

if they're going to trade away chris bosh in any package for turiaf they might as well just bring back this man:

_iceUrlFlag=1

Back
Top Bottom