Official Seattle Seahawks Season Thread (0-0).. 09.13.09 Rams @ Seahawks 4:15 PM ET

Hawks looking pretty good this year with all the new additions. Housh, Curry, and Redding should make an immediate impact.
And if injuries don't plague the hawks (like last year
tired.gif
) I'mpredicting them champions of the NFC West.
Hawks fans let's get it.

450hawks30_0130.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Post here any new info/news on the Hawks.

Got them just ahead of the Cardinals in the division...Barring any injuries. Hasselbeck is low on the radar and Carlson might have a huge year.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Got them just ahead of the Cardinals in the division...Barring any injuries. Hasselbeck is low on the radar and Carlson might have a huge year.
Same here. A lot of players are under the radar. Hopefully Hasselbeck returns to his old form.. but yeah Carlson is a VERY underrated player,Housh will draw a lot of attention away from him which will only make his season that much better.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

call me when you bench that bum QB and make my dude a starter
pimp.gif

081016wallace250.jpg
Hasselbeck a bum?
grin.gif

You're forgetting he led us to the super bowl.

Which we got cheated in
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

pimp.gif

081016wallace250.jpg
Hasselbeck a bum?
grin.gif

Which we got cheated in
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Word I'm still mad about those damn refs.

second in the NFC West? We taking back the throne this year!

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

pimp.gif

081016wallace250.jpg
Hasselbeck a bum?
grin.gif

Which we got cheated in
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Word I'm still mad about those damn refs.

second in the NFC West? We taking back the throne this year!
I don't think I'm ever going to get over that loss
laugh.gif

Yup, sorry for my ignorance... Hawks taking it back this year
pimp.gif

boy stop. seneca wallace is michael vick x joe montana.

roll.gif

We wish.

Seriously though hopefully Hassle and the receivers can stay healthy.

So much for starting this season anew. Looks like a continuation of last year....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2009693574_hawk20.html

Seahawks' Walter Jones, Marcus Trufant could miss the start of the season

RENTON - Tackle Walter Jones' left knee needs more surgery, and cornerback Marcus Trufant's back injury will require more time.

Those were the anatomical realities coach Jim Mora described after the Seahawks practiced Wednesday, diagnosing the injuries that have cast some doubt whether two of Seattle's best players will be ready when the season begins.

Jones will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee today, the same knee he had operated on in December. Trufant doesn't need surgery, but he may need more time after being diagnosed with a disk injury. He has yet to be active in training camp.

Jones, 35, underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee in December. He left practice Monday because of how his knee felt and underwent a magnetic-resonance image (MRI) test. The arthroscopic procedure will be to remove any lose bodies or scar tissue affecting the knee.

"We don't think it's anything significant," coach Jim Mora said, "but we just want to make sure."

Jones is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery Thursday morning at the Seattle Surgery Center. Dr. Ed Khalfayan and Mike McAdam will perform the procedure.

Is there a minimum time Jones will be out?

"I don't know," Mora said. "We'll have more information in the morning. We don't think that it's anything mind-blowing serious, but we want to be sure.

"He just didn't feel right. The big man didn't feel right, so we want to make sure that he's OK."

Mora provided no timeline for Trufant's return, either. Trufant, 28, suffered a back injury on July 29, two days before training camp began. He was placed on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list for players who do not pass a physical exam.

Trufant's rehabilitation has included conditioning in the pool, and Mora said Trufant has began running. Tests this week showed there is an injury to a disk. Mora did not specify the nature or severity of the injury only that there is an "issue."

"It's not anything that will need surgery," Mora said. "It's good that we found this out now rather than in the middle of the season and tried to push him through it because now we can make some decisions how to move forward."

adv.gif

Those decisions will relate to Trufant's status on the roster. If he is not activated from the PUP list by the time of final roster cuts on Sept. 5, he won't be eligible to be activated again until after the Seahawks' sixth game. At that point, Seattle would have three weeks in which to activate Trufant or lose him for the season.

"He's making significant progress," Mora said of Trufant. "He is doing really well. We're going to be very, very careful with backs."

Jones is coming back from microfracture surgery, a procedure in which holes are drilled into the bone so the blood flow will stimulate the growth of cartilage. Jones practiced the first day of training camp, but suffered back spasms on Day 3 and missed the next 12 days.

Jones did not play in the exhibition game Saturday, and left the field midway through the first practice of the week.

Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck heard Jones was scheduled for surgery, and he was asked if he was worried by the possibility of Jones' continued absence.

"Maybe if it was someone else," Hasselbeck said, "but he's just done it so many times. No OTAs, no minicamp, no training camp, Pro Bowl. It's what he does."

However, Mora said the team does have to move forward preparing for the possibility that neither Trufant nor Jones will be ready for the first game of the season.

"I think you absolutely have to think in those terms," Mora said. "I think you make a mistake if you don't. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. There's no panic."

The Seahawks didn't lose any key parts to their defense and Curry is going to come and improve what they already have right from the get-go. That LB coreis filthy with Tatupu, Hill and now Curry.

A healthy Matt Hasselbeck with an added piece like Houshmandzadeh (who you know is going to get you around 100 receptions) will make that offense smooth onceagain. Burleson was supposed to come up big last year until the injury, and Branch is a really good option when he is your #3 threat.

I expect the Hawks to walk into the playoffs, really.

This team is looking good right now (nh)
Regardless of it being preseason it's good to see the offense clicking again somewhat. Deon Butler looks like he's gonna have a breakout year. And Icouldn't forget about Housh, Hasselbeck's been throwing to him like crazy which is a good sign I guess. Looks like he's gonna have a big year also.

Defense and kicking is looking a little iffy though I'm not gonna lie. But I'm expecting a pretty good season out of the Hawks, they should be takingthe NFC west title home this year
pimp.gif
grin.gif

Preseason doesn't mean much, but we need to keep the momentum going into the regular season. I'm liking how Hoosh is getting some preseason TD'sthough LOL.

^^^^
Also there's been talks here about letting Senica start. As much as I've wanted him to be successful he hasn't, and t's not like he hasn'thad his chances either. Hopefully Hasslebeck stays healthy along with everybody else. If not, this will be another season down the drain.

One last thing though, and this is me trying to be positive. If Hasslebeck gets hurt, or doesn't perform up to par and we have another wasted season, thereARE some good QBs that are supposed to come out. McCoy/Bradford anyone?

Yeah
laugh.gif
good to see him get some touches. Seneca starting???? No... I don't think that's gonna happen. He's not much of a QB, he'd fit sowell in a wildcat offense though. Only if the Hawks ran that
tired.gif

I'm having a good feeling about the team this year, it doesn't look like it's gonna be another season down the drain especially since most of ourplayers are back to 100% again. We just gotta pray that injuries don't hit us as hard as they did last year...

laugh.gif
You're jinxing it bro!! But yeah, IF he gets hurt I'm sure Bradford or McCoy would fit well with the offense. What a steal the hawks got in thedraft by getting denver's first round pick
pimp.gif

boy stop. seneca wallace is michael vick x joe montana.
roll.gif
roll.gif

As long as the hawks stay healthy, they'll win the division.

I don't know if any of you guys are watching the preseason game right now but Aaron Curry
eek.gif

Edge looked pretty good that first run also, hopefully he can be productive for our team.

Back
Top Bottom