:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here’s what actually happened: Tartt dropped a game changing INT that immediately turned into a 45 yard gain that was turned into a game tying field goal. You know what happens if he makes the INT? We’d still have the lead and they’d still have no timeouts.

to think a game with a laundry list of mistakes hinged on one play is irrational AF. but hey tell yourself whatever fictitious tale you need to to make yourself feel better

The rams converted 11/18 3rd downs the same way the titans converted 9/16 but nobody wants to hear that, right?

Kupp himself had like 6 receptions on 3rd down that moved the chains. the niners inability to get off the field on 3rd and long is one of the biggest reasons they lost the game. great defense on 1st and 2nd down only to let them off the hook. it's like when a basketball team plays 23 seconds of stifling defense only to foul the shooter taking a desperation three that has no chance.

I'm disappointed in the Tartt dropped INT, we all know the 3 points the Rams got from that proved to be the difference. But my conscience doesn't let me dwell on that too much. It's not an excuse but we see secondaries drop those all the time -even Ramsey dropped a pick six that was right to him.

The rams converted 11/18 3rd downs the same way the titans converted 9/16 but nobody wants to hear that, right?

i literally just said there was a laundry list of mistakes. defense had their fair share, so did offense and the coaching staff. nobody’s hands are clean. we picked the worst time to have a bad all around game

Any Jimmy slurpers in here wanna put they $$ down or wut :lol:

my guy.. trust me, no one's defending Jimmy at this point :lol:

the more i think about the game yesterday, the more i'm convinced that it was the epitome of jimmy's tenure with the niners. great throws mixed in with terrible misses to open receivers x boneheaded throws to the other team.

something that we didn't see much of yesterday were those designed rollouts for jimmy that got him rolling right for the short dump off passes to kittle. those plays consistently get 10+ yards and most importantly, get kittle the ball in open space. i know he had to be utilized as a blocker but shanny's got to dial up calls for his playmaker. how do you have an all-pro TE that only gets two catches?

the more i think about the game yesterday, the more i'm convinced that it was the epitome of jimmy's tenure with the niners. great throws mixed in with terrible misses to open receivers x boneheaded throws to the other team.

something that we didn't see much of yesterday were those designed rollouts for jimmy that got him rolling right for the short dump off passes to kittle. those plays consistently get 10+ yards and most importantly, get kittle the ball in open space. i know he had to be utilized as a blocker but shanny's got to dial up calls for his playmaker. how do you have an all-pro TE that only gets two catches?

i kept waiting for a play action pass to kittle down the seam…still waiting :frown:

O-Line gettin multiple shout outs tonight boi!

Without the likes of Alex, Trent, and Laken, Jimmy woulda had 25 picks instead of 12! :lol:

continuity is hella important along the line. we saw what happened to Kaep once they started having a carousel along the right side of the line. that pressure made him look like a dear in the headlights.

niners offense lost in the trenches all game yesterday. a lot of the holes that are usually there for mitchell were clogged and it ruined any rhythm.

Jimmy had his chance and he missed Kittle on that overthrow but yeah Kyle definitely wasn't dialing up the plays like we know he will.

His lack of trust in Jimmy's abilities clouds his ultimate vision of the offense the way he wants to operate it and Kyle strikes me as a fiery, methodical, maniac genius of a coach but when he gets 'rattled' for lack of a better word, he deviates.

He will get better because we know he will. Not having a top 10 QB is the primary reason imo he hasn't been able to be as creative as he wants.

With the dynamic Trey running the show full time, it automatically allows Kittle to be who he be, which is get out in open space because Trey being a run threat improves our running and blocking that much more where you can run Kittle in more open sets cause now the defense has no freaking clue what SF bout to do

With Jimmy’s scared ***, we predictable af.

Jimmy had his chance and he missed Kittle on that overthrow but yeah Kyle definitely wasn't dialing up the plays like we know he will.

His lack of trust in Jimmy's abilities clouds his ultimate vision of the offense the way he wants to operate it and Kyle strikes me as a fiery, methodical, maniac genius of a coach but when he gets 'rattled' for lack of a better word, he deviates.

He will get better because we know he will. Not having a top 10 QB is the primary reason imo he hasn't been able to be as creative as he wants.

With the dynamic Trey running the show full time, it automatically allows Kittle to be who he be, which is get out in open space because Trey being a run threat improves our running and blocking that much more where you can run Kittle in more open sets cause now the defense has no freaking clue what SF bout to do

With Jimmy’s scared ***, we predictable af.

brother, we're all hoping that trey lives up to hype of being a #3 pick that's dynamic, can throw on the run, and escape from pressure.

i'm sure Jimmy will be a starter somewhere next season and have his team in the playoff hunt, but something i'm glad we'll no longer have to hear is "defenses are daring jimmy to beat them."

i kept waiting for a play action pass to kittle down the seam…still waiting :frown:

Can’t forget that Kyle couldn’t even call any bootlegs or even naked bootlegs because of Jimmy’s immobility and lack of accuracy when throwing on the run. Pretty much scrapped that part of his playbook which is a Shanny family staple.

brother, we're all hoping that trey lives up to hype of being a #3 pick that's dynamic, can throw on the run, and escape from pressure.

i'm sure Jimmy will be a starter somewhere next season and have his team in the playoff hunt, but something i'm glad we'll no longer have to hear is "defenses are daring jimmy to beat them."
There is a silver lining in all of this. Not all was bad with my guy Jimmy.

Jimmy the QB was middle of the pack. But Jimmy the person, the leader who his whole team fought tooth and nail for..... these the qualities that's gonna make Trey that much better overall as a player next year. I have no doubt in my mind that Trey will come right in Week 1 looking like a seasoned vet just like Patty did soon as Alex passed the baton. Chiefs made the playoffs while Patty sat as a rook while watching Alex Smith pass for like 26-27 TDs and be the professional that he was throughout the season. Then the next season Mahomes got promoted to starter and proceeds to throw 50 TDs like it ain't nothin lol

Exact same thing bout to happen with Lance imo. Dude got the same skills as Mahomes but is a bigger, faster, stronger runner with just as strong an arm. Ntm in limited starts this year we already saw Trey improve from one game to the next.

If we stay healthy, the League in big trouble next year, the year after that, and the year after that.

My gut telling me Trey will be elite. It's why I started calling him Sir LANCElot earlier this year :lol:

If we resign Laken and upgrade at RT… Trey will be in good hands

Having Kittle in to help block majority of the time hurts… You have him line up in the slot or something and defense can’t stack the box like they’ve done the whole season

There were rumors swirling around that he was considering going back to commentating? I didn't know that lol.

Also, kind of surprised that Kyle and John said that there is a possibility Jimmy could stay for his final year. Doubt it, but IDK why they said that lol.

Hell no to him staying for his final year. His limitations were showcased full center stage Sunday night and the Super Bowl against KC. Get what you can get for him and do right by him video tribute wise whenever he returns on another team.

Like I’ve said before. Thanks Jimmy for playing a part in making the team relevant again from the dark place they were once in. It’s clear the guys in that locker room rock with Jimmy heavy and that holds some weight.

But this organization plays to win Super Bowls, not to just be relevant. The organization is in a much better place than the chaos it was in 2015/2016. But now it’s time to get over the hump and let Trey shine.

Back
Top Bottom