:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
carlos hyde 
pimp.gif
 talk about adding a sledgehammer to the offense 
sick.gif

I mean hyde is a good player I just think there were more pressing needs then at rb considering there are a lot of quality backs in this draft. Add to that you have 2 productive backs on the team already and Marcus finally getting a shot to show what he has...idk. we'll see how it all shakes out

#49ers trade No. 61 overall pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for No. 70 overall pick (third round) and 150 overall pick (fifth round).

Last edited:
I think Hyde will be part of the rb committee. They probably will give him Boobie's role for now. He's pretty good pass protection too.

Last edited:
They made a comparison that was spot on NFL network Arian foster smooth running style and physical when need be.

I mean hyde is a good player I just think there were more pressing needs then at rb considering there are a lot of quality backs in this draft. Add to that you have 2 productive backs on the team already and Marcus finally getting a shot to show what he has...idk. we'll see how it all shakes out
Gores 30, Hunters not a #1 rb, LMJ wont be here long, Lattimore is a ? 

Good pick IMO

CARLOS HYDE 6ft, 230lbs

Widely considered the best running back in this year's NFL Draft, Carlos Hyde's combination of power and speed make him an attractive option for teams in the second round.
[h4]Strengths:[/h4]
Power: When he lowers his pads, Hyde is like a freight train. Running with a head of steam and continuing to move his feet, Hyde is tough to bring to the ground, even for the best linebackers in the country. A simple arm tackle will not do, as Hyde will simply push the attempted tackler to the side.

Speed:  Although he does not have breakaway speed, often being caught from behind on long runs, Hyde has excellent speed for his size. Hyde will often wait for a block to develop, but his deceptive speed allows him to hit the hole with a reckless abandon.
[h4]Weaknesses:[/h4]
Conditioning: Although he often got better as the game went on during his senior campaign, Hyde showed signs of fatigue early in the season. It could be said that the suspension led Hyde to take his offseason conditioning less seriously as he would had he been playing. However, this was not a isolated incident, as Hyde’s weight fluctuated throughout his college career.

Elusiveness: Hyde can make a smaller defender miss an arm tackle, but will have trouble with NFL players who are just as strong as and possibly more athletic than himself. Other than his stiff arm, Hyde cannot make a defender miss with his spin more, nor will he be able to jump over someone at the next level like he could in college.

The bottom line is that Carlos Hyde will almost assuredly be the first running back off the board, but not until the second round since the NFL does not rely on a single feature back as it once did. Hyde not only has the power to have an impact on every game, especially in the physical AFC or NFC North divisions, but also the durability to last at the next level for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom