:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Screenshot_20240121_102053_X.jpg

We have officially exorcised the 1990's playoff demons vs GB

Kyle has a lot of BRAIN work to do to prep for next week if he plans on making it to the Super Bowl.

With or without a 100% Deebo

Screenshot_20240121_103438_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240121_103505_X.jpg

We have officially exorcised the 1990's playoff demons vs GB

Not really. They beat us in 96 on their way to winning the Super Bowl. No matter how many times we beat them in the playoffs I’ll never be satisfied until we beat them on the way to winning the whole thing. It’ll be that much sweeter

the thing we love about deebo is the very reason we get frustrated with him :lol: The man plays like he’s ready to run thru a brick wall every game and I don’t see that changing even though he’s more susceptible to injury. Asking deebo to not fight for extra yards is like telling a tiger to change its stripes.. it’s just who he is as an athlete.

Praying to the football gods that he’s ready by next week 🙏

I have a conspiracy theory....

Looking at the replay, where's the hit to his shoulder??

I don't see it, do you?

All i see is a hit to Deebo's head.

Soon as Deebo got up, he went to the blue tent.

My feeling is that his shoulder was never the issue. I think his shoulder is fine.

But the fact Deebo got hit right on his head screams CONCUSSION PROTOCOL and if in fact Deebo and coaching staff didn't want him to risk losing out on next week due to concussion protocol is what makes me think the "shoulder injury" could be a fake one and the 49ers just said it was shoulder to mask any possibility of a concussion due to the direct hit to the head.

Chess not checkers.

Not really. They beat us in 96 on their way to winning the Super Bowl. No matter how many times we beat them in the playoffs I’ll never be satisfied until we beat them on the way to winning the whole thing. It’ll be that much sweeter
Good point.

If we win it all this year, does that exorcise your Packer demons since we would have beaten GB "on the way to winning the SB?"

I have a conspiracy theory....

Looking at the replay, where's the hit to his shoulder??

I don't see it, do you?

All i see is a hit to Deebo's head.

Soon as Deebo got up, he went to the blue tent.

My feeling is that his shoulder was never the issue. I think his shoulder is fine.

But the fact Deebo got hit right on his head screams CONCUSSION PROTOCOL and if in fact Deebo and coaching staff didn't want him to risk losing out on next week due to concussion protocol is what makes me think the "shoulder injury" could be a fake one and the 49ers just said it was shoulder to mask any possibility of a concussion due to the direct hit to the head.

Chess not checkers.

The concussion protocol thing crossed my mind, too but aren’t they evaluated by independent doctors?

it’s likely his shoulder. It’s hard to see where he was hit or how he was injured but it could have happened with the packers ripping at his arm or when he fell on his elbow. could’ve been an awkward pull or landing, maybe?

So tired from the game yesterday, I am doing absolutely nothing today.

Eat pizza, play Modern Warfare 3 and watch this about a dozen times.

Lafleur messed up by not calling a single timeout in the last 4 minutes so he could give his team much more than a minute left to try and tie or win the game

49ers were very fortunate. A better more experienced playoff coach such as Andy Reid or Belichik would've called at least one timeout around the 3 minute mark once he saw Shanahan really trying to milk the clock.

GB had all three timeouts at their disposal too.

Lafleur messed up and Kyle was fortunate GB didn't manage their timeouts properly to give his offense their best chance to win

Last edited:
The concussion protocol thing crossed my mind, too but aren’t they evaluated by independent doctors?

it’s likely his shoulder. It’s hard to see where he was hit or how he was injured but it could have happened with the packers ripping at his arm or when he fell on his elbow. could’ve been an awkward pull or landing, maybe?

the thing about an “independent” doctor is…his check still comes from the NFL. dudes want to keep that easy check coming in

Yeah I thought of that too but if Deebo is saying his shoulder was fine and since he was cleared to return, why didn't he play in the 2nd half?

And although there are independent doctors, what if Deebo said in the blue tent that he got hit on his shoulder and not his head to avoid any testing related to CP. Athough the replays clearly shows he got hit on the head.

Either way I'm just glad there's zero talk of concussion protocol and that Deebo said he feels fine.

But had we lost this game, I would be pissed af that he didn't return because he was cleared to go back in the game.

As stressful as last night was. They needed a game like that. They faced legit adversity and were minutes away from elimination and rose to the occasion when it mattered most.

Moody hitting that 50 plus yarder was huge. Purdy threw some balls which should’ve been picked. But they ultimately weren’t and no turnovers gave them a chance. He didn’t look good most of the game. But he was good when he absolutely needed to be and that’s huge.

Call me crazy, but I feel much better about them going into next week after a game like this than I would if they had blown Green Bay out. This isn’t going to be easy and I think a game like that will have them focused and ready to play a much more complete game next Sunday.

Call me crazy, but I feel much better about them going into next week after a game like this than I would if they had blown Green Bay out. This isn’t going to be easy and I think a game like that will have them focused and ready to play a much more complete game next Sunday.
You not crazy. I feel exactly the same

The weather caused this game to be an ugly one for Brock, and we already know he doesn't like throwing with wet balls.

In a sense the weather being a handicap was a blessing in disguise and caused it to be a close game, which in turn caused the 49ers to have to find a way to win through multiple situations of adversity.

As stressful as last night was. They needed a game like that. They faced legit adversity and were minutes away from elimination and rose to the occasion when it mattered most.

Moody hitting that 50 plus yarder was huge. Purdy threw some balls which should’ve been picked. But they ultimately weren’t and no turnovers gave them a chance. He didn’t look good most of the game. But he was good when he absolutely needed to be and that’s huge.

Definitely. To win a game this season being behind, gives you hope they’ve had the fire drill to work on these situations. 6 min left in the qtr, and they played their longest, hardest drive to cap a W.

Packs are and will be a threat, but experience was what prevailed last night.

Good point.

If we win it all this year, does that exorcise your Packer demons since we would have beaten GB "on the way to winning the SB?"

It absolutely does. Being in high school when those 90s packers team tormented us it left deep scars. On top of that I had to hear from some people “it’s ok. It’s the packers and Mike Holmgren used to coach here.” That’s why for me its always gonna be **** the cowboys and the packers

Our edge rushers have to make some adjustments because they were getting crack blocked all night and gave up big gains. I never thought Clelin Ferrell would be missed, but he was.

It absolutely does. Being in high school when those 90s packers team tormented us it left deep scars. On top of that I had to hear from some people “it’s ok. It’s the packers and Mike Holmgren used to coach here.” That’s why for me its always gonna be **** the cowboys and the packers
I feel u bro, for you it was the Packers and Cowboys in the 90s, for me it was them PLUS the Giants in the 80s.

No opposing team ever caused me to have tears in my eyes after a 49ers loss except for the hated 80s New York Giants of the two Bills - Parcells and Belichik. They are the reason we currently don't have 7 Lombardis and a three-peat in the history books.

That's why I hate New England with a passion, although we have never even played the Pats in the playoffs, ever. Lol

I have a general hatred for anything Boston related when it comes to sports anyway because I'm a Lakers fan and obviously we hate the Celtics and that nasty xxx green color lol

Last edited:
49ers defense will have their hands full with Detroit if the DLine can't apply ample pressure on Goff.

Goff has plenty of major weapons at all positions and Penei Sewell is a beast and is their Trent Williams.

I was at the game and that was one of the most intense experiences I’ve gone through lol. I rewatched the last 6 minutes of the game and that is what you a game winning drive!!! The team did what it had to do when it all came down to it.

Back
Top Bottom