:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would ya go for matt ryan or na. My boy keeps saying to do so
Hell yea I would. You know its going to be either him, rookie or Cousins for '21.

Just when we thought 2020 couldnt get any worse.

Imagine if we brought in Brady in the offsesason.

would ya go for matt ryan or na. My boy keeps saying to do so

If they really feel that they’re just consistent qb play away from winning a super bowl, it’s a move that should at least be considered.

Finding that top of the line qb is tough though. Even when you’re bad enough to land a high first round qb, it’s no guarantee they pan out, if you trade up and they don’t pan out, it sets your franchise back. Top qb’s in their prime rarely if ever come available. If they feel they’re a win now team if healthy, 2-3 seasons of Matt Ryan is something to consider.

I need more tape. My first thought of him was “That’s Ryan Tannehill from TAMU”

For sure.

But the early tape is pretty damn impressive. How many QBs can consistently make this throw? Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes are the only ones I'd bet on.

He plays with the same swagger that Mahomes does. Kid is super smooth.

This is de ja vu. I saw this exact throw from Mahomes at TT

welp, kittle out basically the rest of the regular season, jimmy sidelined indefinitely, Bosa on IR.. time to just call a spade-a-spade and admit that this season is a wash. it's about positioning ourselves for the draft as opposed to making a playoff push

at this point, i'm just watching to see if Kinlaw was worth that 1st round pick, if jason verrett can be a reliable CB next season, and if we can turn BDN into trade bait.

sucks that we're back to being in the QB search. this sucks bros :ohwell:

If they really feel that they’re just consistent qb play away from winning a super bowl, it’s a move that should at least be considered.

Finding that top of the line qb is tough though. Even when you’re bad enough to land a high first round qb, it’s no guarantee they pan out, if you trade up and they don’t pan out, it sets your franchise back. Top qb’s in their prime rarely if ever come available. If they feel they’re a win now team if healthy, 2-3 seasons of Matt Ryan is something to consider.

nahhh homie earlier said it’s easy to play qb. i’m throwing my name in the hat #RigTheSeasonForRafa

...maybe Wilson if my Ramen noodle arm can’t cut it :nerd:

I will always be on the side of they shoulve paid Deforest even if that meant trading kittle. If we have an offensive minded head coach we shouldve been able to make it work and stacked up of defense.

I will always be on the side of they shoulve paid Deforest even if that meant trading kittle. If we have an offensive minded head coach we shouldve been able to make it work and stacked up of defense.

in hindsight, i wouldve kept defo and kittle and traded jimmy

In hindsight I would’ve let AA go and cut McKinnon to keep Defo.

That’s not actually hindsight, I wanted to do that from the jump.

this would’ve been smart. you hit the nail on the head bro. i thought the opposite, was totally wrong. especially regarding Jet. then we probably wouldn’t have taken Kinlaw, who would have the selection been? CeeDee?

damn

McKinnon was restructured for a Veterans minimum salary, cutting him wouldn't made the money difference with Deforest Buckner. Cutting McKinnon would have saved 910,00$, keeping Deforest bucnker would have cost something like 12$ mil / season.

1604354412084.png

In other words you'd need to cut Jet about 12x to get enough savings for what Buckner cost, his salary on his new contract went up by 11.3 million/year compared to what 9ers were paying him at the time (720,000 / year)

1604354546298.png

Looking at the numbers, there appear to be two ways we could have kept Buck:

1. Cut Jimmy G (+6.7 million) and Kyle Juice (+5.4 million) after superbowl & before this season started

or

2. Not acquire LT Trent Williams, spend the 12 mil on Buck instead

Last edited:
Football is a crazy sport. To their credit they went from starting 0-9 in 2017 to 13-3 and in the Super Bowl two years later.

They built a very good team quickly. If healthy, despite the qb uncertainty this should still be a good team next season.

If Jed and company are fine with Lynch and Shanahan in terms of job security being fine during an injury season from hell at this post the rest of the season should be about seeing what they have and trying to unload dead weight. Guys are going to play hard since they’re playing for roster spots be it with the 49ers or elsewhere next season so they might mess around and win some games despite all the injuries, but at this point the higher the draft pick next season the better, and they should be looking qb with that first rounder.

Back
Top Bottom