Official Nike KD 9 Available June 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h1]Nike KD 9 [/h1]
Just as its namesake personifies a progressive style of play, the Nike Air Zoom KD9 represents the evolution of basketball footwear. In response to Kevin Durant’s trademark versatility and impressive court coverage (approximately four miles a game and 15 marathons a season), it offers support, comfort and responsiveness via the most advanced construction of Nike Flyknit and Zoom Air technologies to date, adapted to basketball’s specifications.

This aerial view of Durant’s in-game motion shows his versatility and sweeping range expanding the entire basketball court, which equates to approximately 15 marathons in a season.

Designed by Leo Chang, the low-cut shoe features a Flyknit upper engineered down to the pixel for maximum containment. Specifically, it features a pattern with a distinct honeycomb structure precisely knit for the multidimensional movement of basketball and Durant’s lateral quickness. Flyknit technology engineering locks down the forefoot while still allowing the foot to move naturally. Flyknit’s efficient material use also ensures the upper is lightweight, without compromising strength.

A visible, tapered Zoom Air unit runs from heel to toe, marking the evolved Air bag’s debut in basketball. Developed over three years of advanced wear testing, the new Zoom Air unit — filled with fibers that compress upon each step, then spring back for unmatched response —  is 16 millimeters thick at the heel and progressively narrows to 10 millimeters at the forefoot. This architecture is tuned to provide maximum impact protection while amplifying the bouncy feel of the Zoom Air unit.

Moreover, the midsole is minimized to enhance the responsive sensation produced by the Zoom Air unit. It also is articulated with anatomical flex groove strategically placed in the forefoot to maximize natural transitions, whereas heel notches add stability to lateral movements.

The KD9 is available globally for athletes of all ages, from toddler to adult, beginning June 20 at Nike.com and select retail locations.  

Last edited:
Finally a bit higher around ankle.
I collect KD's shoes each year but Iv been unable to play in them since the KD V.
These look like they may work for me.

Plus finally I can see a picture & think I like them. When the first photos released of the 5,6,7,8 I hated them.

3,4 I loved straight away.

Actually kinda like these. See a lot of potential in the model hopefully they bring out some sick colorways but so far I'm on board

:smh:
Foot-Locker-adidas-Originals-Prime-Knit-Black-1.jpg

I missed the price tag on these.Was it disclosed?

Actually kinda like these. See a lot of potential in the model hopefully they bring out some sick colorways but so far I'm on board
Agreed. Colorways will make or break this one.(Kinda like the last few Lebrons, imo)

always gotta see the on foot.....but i'm not liking it so far. I guess we'll see when the CW's come out. 

I mean i hated the kd6 to begin with but it came out with some awesome coloways

Looks like they are moving on from the elite 8's before they even release. But these release June 20, so you have to get a buzz going early I guess. If the Thunder go far enough, any chance we see Durant wear the Elite 8's and the 9's during the playoffs? I mean Westbrook goes back and forth with the 29's and 30's. Almost sure he will be in the 9's during the olympics.

Interested in the new type of zoom they have in these.

9 is looking real nice. Hopefully they dont kill it with garbage repeat colorways again.

This first one color though :smokin :smokin :smokin
definitely feeling alot better about these than I did at the first sight of the 8.

Last edited:
I think i'm just gonna say i'm in for that first pair...

need to see price first tho 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom