***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 93-64. 2 game lead. Making this difficult...

Still early..but don't like what I see at all.

Stupid base running, not getting mookie home from 3rd with only 1 out, pitching bad defense....

This team isn't winning anything.

We are the Braves on roids.

oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

Risp....

Pitching will be the excuse (valid) but our bats are back in playoff mode.

1 pitch pop out...these guys need to learn to take a pitch...just look at one...smh

While our lead now drops to 2 and we lose the game on a triple play.

Jason Hayward just send the Astros to another division title with a homerun and crazy catch...while the guy we DFA'd him for can't even get into the line up.

I'm over this sh*t

And listen to what he has to say...

Bruh. I can’t believe that happened. Even a GIDP would’ve been better to get Ohtani at the plate. :stoneface:

Tomorrow is a must win with Buehler on the mound on Thursday :smh:

Miggy said the 1st sign was to bunt then they gave him the green light to swing.

Epic mismanagement.

Dave should have been fired years ago but if we go through another early exit I have no idea how he lasts.

I don’t have a problem with Miggy batting. Suarez was out of control. 3 straight hits. Manny is a great 3B and turned that quick. That’s “just” a double play for any other 3B and Ohtani has a chance to tie it. :smh:

Roberts is too much of a yes man for the front office to let go. This year started out so promising and now I feel like they are a 4th place team coming into the playoffs. It’s crazy since they have the best NL record.

I don’t have a problem with Miggy batting. Suarez was out of control. 3 straight hits. Manny is a great 3B and turned that quick. That’s “just” a double play for any other 3B and Ohtani has a chance to tie it. :smh:

If he bunts and gets out, they more than likely walk sho and you get Mookie and Freddie....

He should bunt there 100 out of 100 times.

Ima rant for a bit because that **** was absolutely disgusting. They’re in playoff mode a week early. I literally have no expectations going into October. The bats going ghost like usual when the stakes are high. What’s else is new. Maybe this year they’re getting it out the way early before waking up in the postseason.

For as much heat as the pitching gets. The bats need to be getting put on blast way more than they have. Mookie Betts didn’t get a single hit last October and only got 2 in the 2022 postseason. Freeman was decent in 2022 but only got 1 hit last year. I got no expectations for either of them this postseason until they actually do something.

Outside of game 1 last year where Kershaw got rocked. The pitching has been serviceable the last two Octobers when you consider all their injuries and limitations. And the high powered big money bats failed to bail them out just like tonight. They lost game 3 to San Diego 2-1 in 2022. They lost games 2 and 3 to Arizona 4-2 last year. All winnable games if the bats showed up, and they need to show up when they have all types of injuries pitching wise. It’s one thing to get shut down by the opposing teams ace. But come October they make the opposing teams 2nd and 3rd pitchers look like aces as well.

Going beyond that. I don’t know if it’s organizational, if it’s training staff related, or what it is. But it’s a joke that guys who are supposed to be key parts of their rotation can’t make it through a full 162 game season every year to where that’s a recurring October concern. When it seems to happen yearly, it’s habitual at this point.

I don’t know if they’ll do it or not. But heads need to roll if they suffer another early October exit to a team they should be favored to beat.

Maybe I’m bugging. But seeing them celebrate clinching a playoff spot last week summed up the mindset of the Dave Roberts led Dodgers to me. Outside of rookies and guys who’ve never made the playoffs before. Wtf were they celebrating after how the last two seasons ended?

And this might be an unpopular take. But going into another postseason where multiple key rotation pieces can’t make it through a full 162 game season to where you once again can’t rely on them to be available in October. It gives a lot of validity to all those 60 game Covid season talking points. They’re going to have to live with that until they shut that noise up.

Back
Top Bottom