Official: John Wall Signs With Reebok

Breaking News: John Wall Signs With Reebok

john-wall-signs-with-reebok.jpg

John Wall officially confirmed on his Twitter account (@jimmywa11) tonight that he has signed an endorsement deal with Reebok. The signing instantly makes Wall the new face of a recently revitalized Reebok that had been previously carried for well over a decade in their basketball category by Allen Iverson.

*UPDATE: Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting the endorsement agreement between John Wall and Reebok will be worth nearly $25 million over five years and Wall’s representatives Dan Fegan (BEST Entertainment) and Brian Clifton (Pindar Enterprises) have negotiated at least two guaranteed signature shoes as part of the deal. More info to come as it develops…

WOW.

Just WOW. Reebok needs to have at least a Question type of shoe for him, this guy is uber talented and him having a fugazi ugly shoe would only waste Reeboks money AND John Wall's image towards basketball shoe heads. They need to come in and have the mind set that this kid might revolutionize the game and he needs to have his kicks game on par with his talent on the court.

moz-screenshot.png

watch them give him the zigtechs

not a smart decision by wall. reebok hasnt made a good looking bball shoe since the question.

damn and i was looking forward to purchasing every shoe in the wall line. i guess i can save my $

Ya'll are too quick to hate.

Reebok's reinventing their whole line, and a baller like Wall means they can do great things with his shoe line. If Wall signed with Nike or Jordan he'd just be wearing a PE colorway of whatever the major Nike product is.

Wait and see. (And stop hating or loving brands because of the logo. A hot shoe is a hot shoe)

Not really surprised, he's always struck me as an Adidas/Reebok type guy, especially because he wore pretty much basic, not really hot nikes when he was it Kentucky(but then again Beas STAYED with nike/JB heat at K.State but he signed with Adidas)

bad choice by Wall... Reebok's going nowhere and so will his shoe line.

don't forget, it's not just about what a shoe looks like, but how it performs, and Nike is so far

ahead in that category that it's stupid not to be wearing their products because they outperform anything else on the market.

At least Adidas would've been a solid choice, but Reebok? C'mon son, they're dead...

Unless that can somehow whip out something similar to a Question type model, Wall will be wanting out of that contract after 2 years

I doubt he will actually care with the money he will be making with them. These guys can drop 20/10 a night in Chuck Taylors, not really significant to their play. Maybe he will rock the OG Pumps that were rereleased

wonder what his number with Nike/ reebok/ adidas were..

pretty sure reebok offer'd him more..

if i was in his shoes, i would have prolly did the same thing. its all about the money at the end of the day

It sort of makes sense, he wasn't going to be the face of nike or adidas (too many other guys in the way) and wouldn't have gotten a sig shoe right away

I also doubt they would have given him $25 million right away

With that being said from a performance/ aesthetic point of view it's a really stupid move cause reebok is so far behind those other two brands

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

don't forget, it's not just about what a shoe looks like, but how it performs, and Nike is so far

ahead in that category that it's stupid not to be wearing their products because they outperform anything else on the market.

At least Adidas would've been a solid choice, but Reebok? C'mon son, they're dead...

Unless that can somehow whip out something similar to a Question type model, Wall will be wanting out of that contract after 2 years
Reebok going nowhere?! 
laugh.gif
  Thanks for that laugh.  While I agree they are not on Nike's they are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from dead.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

Reebok going nowhere?! 
laugh.gif
  Thanks for that laugh.  While I agree they are not on Nike's they are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from dead.
Reebok WAS going nowhere until Zigs and Tones saved them. I don't LIKE the move, but I don't hate it by any means. Dude is getting PAID, gets his own shoe, and will be the face of the brand in that division. It's similar to Brandon Jennings with UA. I like that more brands are getting into the action. It helps keep everybody on their toes and gives people another option.

I LOVE Nike Basketball. I'll put my feet into something else though. Especially if the product is a high performance option.

Back
Top Bottom