Official classic Rap/R&B collaboration thread.....Vol. Before "rappers" started singing!

This song is still smooth as hell. "Mr. Smith" was a great album. Boyz II Men were in their prime. Song is a classic and will never get old. Flipped that MJ sample perfectly :smokin

In 2015 you got terrible "rappers" that can't rap or sing doing both. Rap music sucks today :smh:

Mannnnn 
pimp.gif

Son, before I clicked on this thread, the 1st two songs that popped in my head were Jon B/2Pac "Are You Still Down For Me? and "Hey Lover". Thank you :smokin

Carolina blue kicks
Hottest ***** on the block
Used to wheelie bicycles since I was six

Highschool crossover, waived away picks
Music is the same ****, gave away hits
So ma get it together or forget it forever
When I go at you hard I can get it through leather
You acting like J**** can't get at whoever
Talking you got a man, okay ma...and?
That's high school making me chase you around for months
Have an affair, act like an adult for once
Plus my hand is up your skirt gotdamn you flirt
What's a little me on top gon' hurt?
Maybe a little but

Pain is pleasure and pressure bust pipes
And you look like the 'I Like It Rough' type
We can crush tonight
Tell me what you like
I got a yellow bottle on a bucket of ice
Get right; Young Hova

Romantic Rap has been on a milk carton for a while. Dudes don't know how to be smooth.

Shoot, I bet all of our moms who like Hip-Hop love LL Cool J (No pun)

He was the first hearthrob of the genre. Knew how to get the ladies attention, but would still have gritty rhymes. Perfect mesh.

Romantic Rap has been on a milk carton for a while. Dudes don't know how to be smooth.

He was the first hearthrob of the genre. Knew how to get the ladies attention, but would still have gritty rhymes. Perfect mesh.
LL set that bar. Snoop got into it later on in his career and excelled. Same goes for jay z and others...and bad boy had those hits back in the day like homie above stated ...!!
Another fave.

Last edited:
Cats highjacked the **** out of my thread. Ain't even mad though, these are classics :rofl:

Played that "Only You Remix" earlier this morning too :x :x :x

Loungin' Remix is a classic too. I remember the original was on Mr. Smith, that version was T R A S H once the remix dropped.

Good thread and contribution OP. However, I thought this thread was going to start out with.......

"Ya got stacks like the international house of pancakes"

Cats highjacked the **** out of my thread. Ain't even mad though, these are classics :rofl:

Played that "Only You Remix" earlier this morning too :x :x :x

Loungin' Remix is a classic too. I remember the original was on Mr. Smith, that version was T R A S H once the remix dropped.

We stole ya shine broski :lol: :lol: :lol: apologies

Last edited:
Repped!
One of my faves

OG

My all time favorite. "Solomon had many wives I see many thighs" :lol:

P Diddy might be a polarizing figure, but this is HIS wheelhouse.

True story.

fab had that lane on lock in his prime

Came in to post these and got caught up in the moment.......

Illphillip-seems a lot of the hits came from covers back then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom