Official Chicago Bears [4-3] vs. Philadelphia Eagles [3-4] Game Thread. MNF 11/7

Bears are coming off a Bye week.
Eagles coming off of a dominating division win over Dallas. 

Should be a good game. 

k0pjs0.jpg
 VS. 
347ck1i.jpg

Cutler had 4 passing TDs last year in this matchup...
sick.gif

Hopefully our safeties are able to contain Maclin and DJax's speed, otherwise we are royally screwed...

This is such an underrated matchup.

McCoy vs Forte, Battle of Great RBs
Bears O-Line vs Eagles O-Line, which shaky line can protect their QB better?
Bears Blitz Scheme vs. Eagles Blitz Scheme- Which talented front 4 can put more pressure on the QB and force INTs, Fumbles, and sacks?
Speedy WRs galore...J-Mac, Desean, Hester, Knox

Expecting this game to be better than non-Eagles/Bears fans might be thinking. Not gonna talk trash though because Bears fans usually don't troll Eagles' threads so I'll keep it respectful

After the last few Sunday/Monday night games it's about time we have one that looks to be a good game

But it could be just as bad if not worse easily if cutler starts throwing picks like it's 09 or if our line can't pass block

Should be a great game, the last three times these teams have met they've all been close games, we need the win to keep up with the lions for the wild card at this point since green bay looks to be running away with the division. even with a loss the eagles still have a relatively good chance to win the east , giants are choke artists and they have a brutal schedule . Looking forward to monday GO BEARS!

Another must win game, we gotta knock as many NFC opponents out of the playoff picture as possible cuz the division is no gimme if the Giants keep winning plus the Cowboys got a cupcake schedule ahead

just keep the same defensive gameplan the last few weeks and we should win

I'd be more confident if the Bears were at home but seeing Philly's front 4 get pressure on Romo might be a sign of things to come on Monday. Plus DJax and Maclin are gonna burn the safeties. Philly by 10.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Another must win game, we gotta knock as many NFC opponents out of the playoff picture as possible cuz the division is no gimme  
this.. it think it comes down to the defenses (on both side)

eagles have to find a way to stop forte.. the front 4 should be able to take advantage of the bears' OLine, it's what happens after that

asante scares me in this game.. we (eagles' fans) all know how susceptible he is to double moves and if he bites against knox or hester they are gone

on offense.. our Oline needs to build off of what they did in the cowboys' game.. OR peppers and co will have a field day

We need to get Shady involved early, when he has it going our offense is so much better. I hope Vick can be patient in the passing game like he was last week, if I remember correctly last year when we played Chicago played their safeties really deep. Dallas did the same thing last week and we had all sorts of underneath routes that worked really well so hopefully we can do the same this week and if they move the defense up then we can go over the top.

Containing Forte is key, if we can do that and force Cutler to throw often then I think we will be ok, but if Forte goes off on us then we're in trouble.

Eagles by 10

The Bears got a rough deal with this Eagles game coming off the BYE for a couple of reasons.

1)It's a road game, so they have to travel from Chicago to Philly while the Eagles don't have to travel at all since they just played at home.

2)Usually a team coming off the BYE is much more rested than their opponent, but the Eagles defense played only 18 minutes total against the Cowboys..That means they pretty rested as well

3)The Eagles play great in Primetime night games...The Cowboys game was proof of it but this has happened often, like it did against the ******** last year and even when the Eagles had McNabb, Reid always had them ready to do work on the national stage.

4)Last but not least, playing on Monday works into the Eagles' favor because they get an entire day and a half of extra rest bc the Eagles' usually play at 1pm when they play at home so playing on Monday at 8:30pm is very beneficial to the team.

If the Bears were playing Philly on a Sunday afternoon, I wouldn't be as confident. But a Monday night matchup makes me feel much better about our chances.

^ don't forget the bears had to travel back and forth from london.. so didn't get their full bye week time

but they do get an extra day, since this is the monday night game

If the Bears can't contain the Eagles scoring early it might be a LONG night for them

Tempo what are you talking about?

1. Every team has to go on the road So thats not a problem

2. How does this work out better for the eagles? the bears will be more rested that's a fact.....awwww and if your D only played 18 mins who played the other 42 mins?.........

laugh.gif

4. Bears last game oct 23 eagles last game oct 31 who has more rest again?

You're inner homer is showing cut it out

^ obviously the bears will be rested.. but it isn't exactly the 'normal' bye week.. all things considered

Eagles JUST came off the BYE week..It's not like their BYE was 2-3 weeks ago and they're banged up..Going into their BYE, the Eagles had a bunch of key players injured..Coming out of the BYE, most of them were back and none were hurt in the Cowboys game...Yeah the Offense played 42 min, but when does a coach say "Okay, let's score quickly so their offense can keep our defense on the field and tire them out."
laugh.gif
An offense doesn't get tired as easily as a defense because they don't get hit unless they have the ball in their hand..The defense gets hit on almost every possession (especially defensive line) so you'd obviously prefer a rested defense over a rested offense.

lol if bears fans think they got a chance cutler will throw four picks and fight mike martz. BANK IT

Bears are gonna focus either on the intermediate routes and get scorched or stop the deep ball and get attacked with 10-12 play drives

31-17 Eagles
Edit: What happened to  the Bear fans here? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by coryturner

lol if bears fans think they got a chance cutler will throw four picks and fight mike martz. BANK IT

what's our record Vs the eagles over the last few years?......I'll save you some time 3-1 we have a chance not a great one but we have a chance. Retro we will focus one the deep routes and see if Vick can dink and dunk his way down field with out making mistakes. Which is the same way we deal with all high power offenses.

^ if bears defense steps up.. we don't contain forte.. and we don't respect the WRs.. bears can DEF beat us

i mean we did lose to the falcons, giants and 49ers after having double digit leads.. and we lost to the bills too

Back
Top Bottom