Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Jalen Brunson signs extension

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Screenshot_20230728_193718_Chrome.jpg

Oh snap he’s not 22 anymore

HBD tho.
Last I👂son was, or is about to be, playing overseas.

Frank picked the wrong career path. He enjoyed modeling more than basketball :lol:

Same way Knox loved Fortnite and bad haircuts.

Hopefully it translates.

RJ can be real hot and cold but I can never accuse him of not trying to improve.

Exactly his only real flaw is a lack of explosiveness. Which is hard to overcome but as long as he works on his game and makes himself more shifty and use more hesitations his game will age well as most other players really fall down the ladder once they reach 34-35

Grimes is easily more talented than him. He needs to be the 3rd option on offense for the starting lineup and scale back on RJ 's touches.

Ahhh yes…

The “Working with Drew Hanlen in the offseason” video.

This song is a classic amongst NBA players. :lol:
You aren't wrong at all, I'm just trying to be positive when it comes to his progression.

I have no idea what he does in the offseason aside from this video so I can't say he's working on the wrong things

Exactly his only real flaw is a lack of explosiveness. Which is hard to overcome but as long as he works on his game and makes himself more shifty and use more hesitations his game will age well as most other players really fall down the ladder once they reach 34-35

Can’t teach explosiveness - but lack of explosiveness can be countered by great/elite footwork.

Unfortunately RJ still isn’t good in that department - he’s still extremely stiff and rigid. And that starts at the feet to his shoulders.

That’s always been my biggest issue with him (even more than the streaky shooting and hot/cold play).

RJ looking like a grown babyface man here. Expect to see much of his moBB deep minutes at the 4 spot; maybe he starts & subs early to run w/ the bench when Dubious sits.

Always was a bully but it’s gonna be easier 4 him & worse 4 them now. And if you think son’s footwork hasn’t progressed from yr 1 to now, then once again we’re not watching the same damn games :lol:

Idk who expects a perfect product from day 1 but you’re in for much disappointment w/ that mindset. That actually might explain a lot ‘round these parts but I digress.

Not worried about RJ. Just worried about him putting it together in time to stick around longterm. Son shows up yuuge when it counts so I can handle the ups and downs while Jalen and co. keep them afloat right now.

RJ looks bigger and should continue improving. May need to get him a dance instructor though so he takes that footwork to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom