NYC heads...yankees/mets or jets/giants? VOl. all have same fanbase?

I was just thinking about this in class and it had me wondering..

Mets/Giants
Mets/Jets
Yankees/Jets
Yankees/Giants..

is it where you live or what?

For instance like are mostly all yankee fans a jet or giants fan? vice versa for the mets...

I'm having trouble trying to word it out, but I think you get it. I'm not sure the title is misleading or confusing, but I'm content you know whatI am trying to ask....

It usually goes Jets/Mets and Yankees/Giants from what ive seen but obviously its not always like that.

Yea it's mostly Yankees Giants and Mets Jets. I'm one of the anomalies that is a Yankees and Jets fan though.

it all depends on your own personal experiences.

i'm a yankees baseball fan, but i also cheer for the mets because i grew up on long island and mets games were not only easier to attend but cheaper. inhigh school i might have gotten to go to 4 or 5 yankees games a year, but 15 or more mets games (i'm in a minority though.) same with the rangers andislanders.

likewise i'm a jets fan because they held jets fest (their training camp, scrimmages and fan events) at Hofstra, so i always got to meet a lot of theplayers and felt a personal connection to that team. but i had nothing against the Giants and would cheer for them going up against any other team but thejets.

there are also those fans who will root for one team per sport and absolutely despise the other team. i never felt that way though.

NY sports fans are usually:

Jets/Mets/Islanders

Or

Giants/Yankees/Rangers

The reason why most Mets fans are also Islanders and Jets fans are because all three are Long Island/Queens teams. (Jets used to play at Shea Stadium)

baby pictures of me wearing mets stuff, and one of my uncles meeting darryl strawberry, doc gooden, and lenny dykstra and getting some photos autographed andpersonalized to me made me a mets fan.

i will say this though its much different in terms of fan bases with the yankees and mets compared to how it is out here with the lakers and clippers.

the yankees have 26 soon to be 27 championships and are the pride of the city and rightfully so considering everything they've accomplished throughout theyears, but the mets have had a strong fan base as well and despite only winning twice, they have had some success and they do have very loyal fans as well.

here the lakers have a huge fanbase but clipper fans are scattered far and inbetween.

i got no negative feelings towards the yankees though either. one of my other uncles gets free yankee tickets all the time so whenever i go to new york,it's a guarentee i'm goin to about 4-5 yankee games whenever im out there. aside from the angels i guess you can say the yankees are one of theamerican league teams i like.

most people i know like the giants and yankees and the mets and jets. i think the rarest breed is someone who likes the mets and giants though.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i think the rarest breed is someone who likes the mets and giants though.
Not really.

With the Mets and Yankees there's class (and in some very old school instances, even race) considerations that account for the separate fan bases, but theGiants and Jets don't have that. A lot of people got their football allegiances from other members of their families or other life experiences. I know aton of Mets/Giants/Islanders fans.

Jets/Mets/Rangers/Nets

That is me

I have an admiration for teams that end in ETS I guess.

lol.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Yea it's mostly Yankees Giants and Mets Jets. I'm one of the anomalies that is a Yankees and Jets fan though.

Yep, same here.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

NY sports fans are usually:

Jets/Mets/Islanders

Or

Giants/Yankees/Rangers

The reason why most Mets fans are also Islanders and Jets fans are because all three are Long Island/Queens teams. (Jets used to play at Shea Stadium)
That's usually how it is. Not everyone is like that but it's more of the norm.

Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers for me

Mets/Jets and Yankees/Giants is definitely common...in Long Island you will find A LOT of Mets/Jets

what is this mets/jets mess?
sick.gif

mets/giants
pimp.gif

!##% the yankees

Mets/Giants/Knicks

I root for all my NY teams though. I don't care much for all that Yankees/Mets Giants/Jets rivalry, New York is New York.

Mets, Jets, Knicks, Rangers (could really care less about hockey but I roll with the Rangers over any of the other teams). Pops is a Jew from the BX so I gotall of his sports teams.

Someone once told me it went Mets/Jets/Nets (They used to be in NY) and that that was the reason why they rhymed.
Thus leaving, Yanks/Giants/Knicks

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i think the rarest breed is someone who likes the mets and giants though.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
One of my friends is the same way.
Me personally it's Mets/Knicks/Jets/Rangers
My teams lose too much as it is to be an Islanders fan. That would push me to the brink of suicide.

Back
Top Bottom