NT School me on Blackberrys Vol. Verizon

So I've decided it's finally time to upgrade from a regular Verizon phone to a Blackberry. Can any Verizon users break down what plans are availablefor a single user? What plans do you have for yourself? Can you get a data plan (To get E-mail, text, bbm, internet) as part of a Family plan?

Also, what Blackberry is the best one to get? Bold? I'm not a huge fan of the Storm. What is the best Blackberry available now?

Any info would be very much appreciated

EDIT: I've been to the websites and checked out plans and phones. I just want some personal opinions on how those phones and plans work out for you guys. Iguess I should have made that more clear.

theres like a 1000 page thread about this. stop being needy and lazy and go look it up.

and get the bold 9000. its sick and i live on it

Originally Posted by AirAsianJordan

how old are you?
19 about to turn 20. Why?

I made this thread more for the info about different plans, which I didn't see a lot of info about in the other thread

Originally Posted by LovinIt73

how old are you?

I made this thread more for the info about different plans, which I didn't see a lot of info about in the other thread

Good. You are old enough to go to the website and check them out yourself
grin.gif

how old are you?

grin.gif
Good one dude. I made this thread for a reason. I've been on the website. Is the website going to say any downsides to their phones? Is thewebsite going to tell you to buy one over the other? Is the website going to give you personal opinion? No, It's not. Isn't this sort of the point ofmessage boards and online communities? I need some help finding a new phone and a good plan for it. If you can't help me just don't reply.

I have a verizon bb, Idk bout plans cuz I'm just a family share plan since like 2001, but my advice to u is, when u get your BB, get the 29.99 a month dataplan not the 44.99 BB plan, because they are the same data plan except the bb one lets you access email thru a windows server, ie work. also check outcrackberry.com for all things BB. you can shoot me any questions though.

Thanks for the input. Anyone have opinions on what blackberry is the best? Are any new ones coming out to wait for?

Also, how do they work with macs in terms of syncing files, schedules, contacts, etc.?

how old are you?

grin.gif
Good one dude. I made this thread for a reason. I've been on the website. Is the website going to say any downsides to their phones? Is the website going to tell you to buy one over the other? Is the website going to give you personal opinion? No, It's not. Isn't this sort of the point of message boards and online communities? I need some help finding a new phone and a good plan for it. If you can't help me just don't reply.

Dude, they have phone reviews on the site... dude

how old are you?

grin.gif
i dislike you. %%# you think a message board is for? if you dont like it dont post. damn.

I made a similar post like last week. The general consensus was the Tour and $30 data plan were the way to go. If you don't want to spend the extra money Iknow the Curve is pretty good. It just will be outdated.

Thanks for the input. Anyone have opinions on what blackberry is the best? Are any new ones coming out to wait for?

Also, how do they work with macs in terms of syncing files, schedules, contacts, etc.?
Yes, you can get Blackberry Media Sync for mac, and you can sync iTunes playlists, or PocketMac SyncManager for contacts, calendar, tasks, notes,bookmarks, email, iTunes, and iPhoto. BB Media Sync is easier for music transfers than PocketMac SyncManager imo.

I'm really feeling the tour...Although it just came out, i would let the 1st productions slide out and cop at a later date. Also i believe verizon has themost expensive plans for blackberrys...I'm most likely going to get one on my next upgrade.

I'm about to move off my dad's business plan, so I did some research today lookin at different plans. AT&T and VZW had very similar plans: VZW planof 450 min, data, 500 texts + unlimited VZW to VZW texting (I don't need more than 500 texts to non VZW/BBM people anyway), and insurance came out to about$84/mo. AT&T was 450 min, unlimited data and unlimited texts, + insurance came in a little over $90 I think. Sprint was cheaper but is garbage around whereI'm from.

Moral of the story - Blackberry's are expensive pretty much where ever you go. If you're gonna go on VZW, and I would, your choices are the BB Tour,which just came out, and looks pretty snazzy (basically a vzw version of the bold that at&t has), the storm (although the storm 2 is already in the works),or the curve. I have the curve and am very happy with it, sure the tour is nice but I can wait another year. I personally am not a fan of the storm, but I havea lot of friends that have it and are okay with it.

With the Mac's, you can get pocketmac for free, missing sync for $30 (finally caved after multiple attempts to make pocketmac do what it was supposed to doand bought MS), or wait until the fall, when BB/RIM unveils the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Macs, which is the best option.

Hope that helps.

just bought the BB Tour on Tuesday..my first BB, havent put it down since.

personally im on a family plan so i pay about $55/month with the plan. for the most part you can just take your existing plan and add the $30 BB data plan.well worth it IMO

Back
Top Bottom