NT! Help me choose my new car. C300 or 135i?

Help me out guys, I've narrowed it down to the Mercedes Benz C300 or BMW 135i. My budget is 20-27k depending on the year and mileage. I am graduating college in a year and would like to treat myself and have a hard time deciding. I would definitely appreciate your feedback and will use your opinions in my final decision. Thanks NT.

have you driven both? drive a 135 and you wont want the c300. those things are so damn fun to drive.

inb4 TrollMargiela tells you to get off the baby benz and baby beemer

id go with the benz :D

inb4 TrollMargiela tells you to get off the baby benz and baby beemer
way to take da first shot
laugh.gif

this post needs pics

ac-schnitzer-acs1-35i-2008-1.jpg

baby bimmer
[table][tr][th=""]Standard Engine[/th][td]3.0L I6[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Standard Transmission[/th][td]6 Speed Manual[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Cylinders[/th][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Horsepower @RPM[/th][td]300@5800[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Fuel Economy Cty/Hwy[/th][td]20/28[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Combined Fuel Economy[/th][td]23[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]EPA Class[/th][td]Sub-Compact[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Number of Valves[/th][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Torque @RPM[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Fuel Type System[/th][td]Gas Engine / DI[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Turbo (Yes/No)[/th][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Overdrive Transmission[/th][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Battery Output[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Compression[/th][td]10.2:1[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Displacement[/th][td]2979/182[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Bore X Stroke[/th][td]3.31x3.53[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Cruising Range[/th][td]322 miles[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Final Drive Gear Ratio Opt[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Power to Weight Ratio[/th][td]11.2[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Final Drive Ratio[/th][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Valves Configuration[/th][td]Dual Overhead Cam/Twin Overhead Cam[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Supercharged[/th][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric HorsePower RPM[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric Torque Feet Per Pound[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric Torque RPM[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric HorsePower BHP[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][/table]
mercedes_benz_c_class_c300_4matic_sport_sedan_2012

[table][tr][th=""]Standard Engine[/th][td]3.0L V6[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Standard Transmission[/th][td]7 Speed Automatic[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Cylinders[/th][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Horsepower @RPM[/th][td]228@6000[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Fuel Economy Cty/Hwy[/th][td]18/25[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Combined Fuel Economy[/th][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]EPA Class[/th][td]Compact[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Number of Valves[/th][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Torque @RPM[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Fuel Type System[/th][td]Gas Engine / Sequential Electronic Fuel Injected, Sequential Port Fuel Injected Sequential, Multi-Port Fuel Injected[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Turbo (Yes/No)[/th][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Overdrive Transmission[/th][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Battery Output[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Compression[/th][td]11.3:1[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Displacement[/th][td]2996/182[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Bore X Stroke[/th][td]3.46x3.23[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Cruising Range[/th][td]348 miles[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Final Drive Gear Ratio Opt[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Power to Weight Ratio[/th][td]16.4[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Final Drive Ratio[/th][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Valves Configuration[/th][td]Dual Overhead Cam/Twin Overhead Cam[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Supercharged[/th][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric HorsePower RPM[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric Torque Feet Per Pound[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric Torque RPM[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Electric HorsePower BHP[/th][td]N/A[/td][/tr][/table]
they both cost north of 38 grand new MSRP OP, so they outta your price range.

i suggest you take that 28-30 grand and cruise da slightly used whips for great car coming outta a lease for cheap.

Benz looks 100x better plus it will last longer.

Im guessing your talking about used OP? :nerd:

135i BY FAR. Very fun car to drive. Da torque for such a small car makes the car pop for sure.

#Dat 50/50 balance
nthat.gif

Ive test driven both and if you are buying I say neither because when your warrenty is up so is your fun time. However if you are leasing get the 2 door 335 at least and skip the 1 series.

Get a 135i/335i. The twin scroll turbo provides an ample amount of low/mid range tq for city driving. It doesn't choke out on the top end either. N54 has tons of modding potential also. You can put a couple buses on any stock M car with some simple bolt-ons and a tune. The styling maybe a deciding factor but I personally like the 1 series. 3 series is also within your price range.

*Make sure that fuel pump has been replaced if you end up getting a 135/335 :lol:

Last edited:
i dont care for BMW but a 335 would be nice since you can get it tuned/chipped then its a freakin beast :x :x :x

135 with a warranty.

Make sure it's either new, or has VERY low mileage.

That car is really fun to drive, 50/50 weight distribution. Big engine, small car and great handling.

you can get a 335i with 30-40k miles for 27-30k

thats what i did

i love my 335i to death :pimp:

Last edited:
You ain't gonna get any wimminz in those whips.

I'd go with the SLS AMG or the M6.

the c300 looks nicer and is more practical perhaps you could look at a c250?

i dont know if you are buying used or financing or leasing it would help narrow it down

cause ive seen used c350s with like 30k miles at your price range

the 135 will def be funner to drive but its really small if that matters for you and im not a fan of its looks rather get a 3 series

the c class rivals the 3 series so id prob just go with the c300 doesnt look bad and sure its played out but its still a fun car and has a better interior
plus its a sedan so if you ever need to drive others it will be spacious and you have more space

but if you just want a car for yourself im sure the 135i will be suitable as long as you dont plan to give rides or do a lot of shopping

you can get a 335i with 30-40k miles for 27-30k

thats what i did

i love my 335i to death :pimp:

That mileage is waaay too high for me to purchase. Especially in a BMW, even with an extended warranty, that's simply not on for me.

I would suggest to OP getting a smaller engine (128) with less miles.

Back
Top Bottom