Nike SB Dunk High Premium Chromeball Incident – New Images via SneakerNews

Hey Guys, I'm a little new to the Nike Talk Forum, but i saw some new images of this SB Dunk and i wasn't able to find an exsisting forum for them so i figured I'd try to start one myself. 

These are the Chromeballs - new detailed pics came from Sneakernews.com
2z5m8ug-570x380.jpg

Here’s another look at an upcoming Nike SB Quickstrike that’s inspired by one of the brands that paved the way for skate shoes.  The Nike SB Dunk High ‘Chromeball Incident’ gets its name from Neil Blender’s early ’80s cartoon and the modern old school skate blog that both share that moniker.  Blender himself signed off on these, OKing the OG look borrowed from the Airwalk Enigma.  Word is that these’ll be a QS release for July or possibly August, so stick with Sneaker News for updates.  via N-SB.org

I like them. I'm not buying them but still a cool colorway, although they could do without the scissors and blotches on the heel.

This isn't suppose to impress you as a current design that intrigues you, it's an homage to what EVERY skate shoe in 1991 looked like, or specifically the Airwalk Enigma. I don't know if it's going to sell and I'll expect most of NT to reply with a "not going to cop" response.

I agree they are a pretty dull colored sneaker so they arent going to really catch many eyes, but its pretty rare that I find a dunk with an all black mid sole and that makes the shoe look so much cleaner IMO. I dont mind the scissors and the chrome ball on the side panel of the shoe, thats the only thing that really makes these look special/limited in my eyes.

fyi - the scissors are supposed to represent the old school skaters who used to cut the uppers of their high skate shoes to make them more like mids.

picture of the real air walk enigmas that the SB's are inspired from below - i think nike did a good job recreating the color way without over killing anything

barkerbaretchrome-570x774.jpg

the sad part is the 15 year old airwalk enigma sneakers probably hold up to actual skateboarding more than these brand new nikes.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

the sad part is the 15 year old airwalk enigma sneakers probably hold up to actual skateboarding more than these brand new nikes.

laugh.gif

voterobformayor -
smokin.gif
at the dropping of knowledge. Never was big on skateboarding so I had not heard of the Airwalk Enigma, but the inspiration is clear upon glancing at that picture.

Back
Top Bottom