Nike/Jordan Canada info and Summer 2011 releases

Alright, first things first.

For those of you that do not know, Nike Canada has went through a metamorphosis if you will. Instead of Nike Canada and Nike USA, its a "Nike North America" now. While both countries have their own identities, their is a more noticeable US presence north of the border. Is this good or bad for the consumer? Too early to see yet, but time will tell.

One major thing that will effect Canadians, western Canadians in particular, is retros. Retro Jordan product in Canada is almost being completely phased into boutique. You'll see the odd SKU in FL or other retails, but allocation for the west is becoming awful if you are franchise/corporate. That said, I also can unfortunately no longer speak on Retros as openly as I did before... I guess they do check NT....
laugh.gif

Again, I cant speak about the east, but this is something that may kill the Jordan popularity that was building out this way.
ohwell.gif

Summer is a slow period for basketball. Other than colorways, not alot is introduced.

Nike
Lebron VIII P.S. - Same idea as this past year with the VII and it's PS version. Max bag in the heel, zoom forefoot, fused upper (think hyperfuse). Two colors, black/del sol and white/red
KD III - You've all seen it I'm sure. OKC whie based colorway and a grey/orange
Air Max 360 BB Low - Pretty cool, remind me of Low top Griffeys.
Zoom Fly By Low - Basically a low cut version of the Hyperfuse.

A ton of pricepoint crap.

Jordan is pretty empty. Again, I can't say anything on Retro (
eyes.gif
) but the team stuff is not good. Alot of rehashing. There are a few gems though.
Some awesome Hyrdo sandal colors coming, as well as a seperate sandal based on the True Blue III's that is
eek.gif
... but retails for 89.99
laugh.gif

Again, sorry for the lack of info, but between summer being an off season, and the changes... it cant be helped.

Alright, first things first.

For those of you that do not know, Nike Canada has went through a metamorphosis if you will. Instead of Nike Canada and Nike USA, its a "Nike North America" now. While both countries have their own identities, their is a more noticeable US presence north of the border. Is this good or bad for the consumer? Too early to see yet, but time will tell.

One major thing that will effect Canadians, western Canadians in particular, is retros. Retro Jordan product in Canada is almost being completely phased into boutique. You'll see the odd SKU in FL or other retails, but allocation for the west is becoming awful if you are franchise/corporate. That said, I also can unfortunately no longer speak on Retros as openly as I did before... I guess they do check NT....
laugh.gif

Again, I cant speak about the east, but this is something that may kill the Jordan popularity that was building out this way.
ohwell.gif

Summer is a slow period for basketball. Other than colorways, not alot is introduced.

Nike
Lebron VIII P.S. - Same idea as this past year with the VII and it's PS version. Max bag in the heel, zoom forefoot, fused upper (think hyperfuse). Two colors, black/del sol and white/red
KD III - You've all seen it I'm sure. OKC whie based colorway and a grey/orange
Air Max 360 BB Low - Pretty cool, remind me of Low top Griffeys.
Zoom Fly By Low - Basically a low cut version of the Hyperfuse.

A ton of pricepoint crap.

Jordan is pretty empty. Again, I can't say anything on Retro (
eyes.gif
) but the team stuff is not good. Alot of rehashing. There are a few gems though.
Some awesome Hyrdo sandal colors coming, as well as a seperate sandal based on the True Blue III's that is
eek.gif
... but retails for 89.99
laugh.gif

Again, sorry for the lack of info, but between summer being an off season, and the changes... it cant be helped.

Interesting... 
Sounds like a marketing ploy that may or may not backfire on them but like you said only time will tell.  I'm so used to stuff being GR and readily available so if it starts to become "limited" and a chore to obtain then I'm officially done.  I'm at that point in my life where I don't jump through hoops and overpay for inferior product quality.  Guess it's up to the new kids on the block now.

Interesting... 
Sounds like a marketing ploy that may or may not backfire on them but like you said only time will tell.  I'm so used to stuff being GR and readily available so if it starts to become "limited" and a chore to obtain then I'm officially done.  I'm at that point in my life where I don't jump through hoops and overpay for inferior product quality.  Guess it's up to the new kids on the block now.

JB's got no one to blame but themselves. They churn out low quality retros every month then get mad when they sell on 50% EA about 3 months later. Space out the damn retros and quit rehashing the same joints over and over (Altitude XIII, etc..).

And why target Canada specifically? Retro product hits the US outlets frequently too.

JB's got no one to blame but themselves. They churn out low quality retros every month then get mad when they sell on 50% EA about 3 months later. Space out the damn retros and quit rehashing the same joints over and over (Altitude XIII, etc..).

And why target Canada specifically? Retro product hits the US outlets frequently too.

Yeah JB's facing a global crisis.  If they didn't constantly re-re-retro and retro the never before retro'd Jordans they wouldn't be able to maintain profit margins which is why we're seeing all this heat retro all at once now.  Let's face it, without the heat retroing there'd be no interest in them or atleast the interest in the late 90s and early Y2K.  

Even if they brought back Nike Air and improved quality, they've alienated so many of their loyal consumer base.  Either way JB's becoming less and less relevant IMO.  A little too late now to patch the sinking ship... They should be happy their @%%%% sell period 
laugh.gif

Yeah JB's facing a global crisis.  If they didn't constantly re-re-retro and retro the never before retro'd Jordans they wouldn't be able to maintain profit margins which is why we're seeing all this heat retro all at once now.  Let's face it, without the heat retroing there'd be no interest in them or atleast the interest in the late 90s and early Y2K.  

Even if they brought back Nike Air and improved quality, they've alienated so many of their loyal consumer base.  Either way JB's becoming less and less relevant IMO.  A little too late now to patch the sinking ship... They should be happy their @%%%% sell period 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom