Nike is fumbling the bag. What retros SHOULD they be releasing instead?

Nike made Vomeros too limited and they missed the whole mesh runner wave to focus on panda dunks. Nike catalog is so deep and late 90s and early 2000s is in.

Trendsetters flocking to New Balance and Asics instead.

Nike shouldn’t be focusing on retroing anything… Most of these so called retro/ reimagined/ cult classics only appeal to a small percentage of people… What is going to help them is new technology and key athletes to push that product… Case in point flyknit, free, (barefoot technology) and even when they put full length zoom on everything I.e (Airmax 2009-2011 + plus whatever other models they threw that sole on.) Even vapormax was a good push. Nobody wants a Bred 1 for the 50th time.

Nike shouldn’t be focusing on retroing anything… Most of these so called retro/ reimagined/ cult classics only appeal to a small percentage of people… What is going to help them is new technology and key athletes to push that product… Case in point flyknit, free, (barefoot technology) and even when they put full length zoom on everything I.e (Airmax 2009-2011 + plus whatever other models they threw that sole on.) Even vapormax was a good push. Nobody wants a Bred 1 for the 50th time.
Absolutely agree! I want fresh designs, which Nike used to excel at. The upside is that many ASICS, New Balance, and Hoka shoes look quite similar, giving Nike an opportunity to introduce some intriguing products and regain their customers. While I appreciate retro styles, they tend to be uncomfortable and made with subpar materials. If I’m spending my money, I want modern technology that also looks great.

They should just do polls a few times a year and the top silhouettes should be released the following year that way they know what ppl want and they aren't wasting their time releasing garbage

Back
Top Bottom