New York Giants Season Thread! Picking up right where we left off...0-1

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we caught break no chase today....he KILLS us

don't know why teams don't throw on us more often, we are seriously weak in secondary

Landon at MLB pleaseeeee!

ANYONE ELSE SUPER PUMPED UP WHEN LANDON GOT THAT INT!?!?! sooo great to see it, crazy this dude was on his sofa with one step out the NFL for good and now pick 6?!?!? insane love it!!

feels great to be back in playoffs where anything can happen!
good for our young players and new staff as well

we didnt beat any of the top tier teams(YET) but we did beat teams that many rated better than us before season and going into the game and a few of those teams might end up being playoff teams..

I thought we would be in that 8-9 win range.... BUT I assumed WRs like kenny, toney, shep would be huge factors for this offense. those guys and robinson have a combined 2 100 yard games and ONLY 2 TDs.....we are doing this with our 4-6 WRs and rookie TE. and pro bowl RB.....our offense is improved in every area from a year ago.....

ONLY 2 guys that are at PRO BOWL level talent on offense - A. Thomas and Barkley and above avg play of DJ - 3/11......Neal will be fine......the rest are below avg and will be lucky to be starting in the NFL next year

Daniel Jones - career. high in passing yards, career high in rushing yards, and Rushing TDs and rushing for for first down which is currently top 15 in the NFL among RBs and QBs - his passing TDs didnt reach his rookie season. but maybe that has to do with talent at WR???? i'm not the smartest, as I was educated in NYC but when I look at our WR talent and i'm very certain that most if not all of our current WRs wont be in the NFL next season, its very telling.

Don't see how this staff can move on from Daniel Jones unless they were getting a QB via trade that they feel is a big step up....there are only 2-3 that come to mind that might be available .....the other guy TB12 might want to weasel his way to this team.....i'd pass on that.....

Drafting a QB?? yea right, take step back with a rookie? zero chance of that happening

I could see them tag DJ and draft a QB in round 2 or 3.

we need to use that first round pick on WR or trade for one - Tee Higgins looked good when chase was out and with chase back has TDs in 3-4 games in a row. either trade our first for Tee OR OR OR how about our top 3 WRs and STARTING TE???? its only their #2 WR!! fair TRADE -----LMAO -

Last edited:
💯 for the enthusiasm/insight.

Have been out on this org for a while now. Danny Dimes just gotta keep taking steps. Build that roster around him & give him weapons!

Unless there’s a stud QB that can’t be missed :nerd:

Rapoport reported the giants were going to offer DJ and Saquon multi year contracts after the season. Hope they get it done. DJ has shown some growth. Would love to see them add around them at oline and WR and see what steps they can take.

I know a week or 2 ago, i saw on one of these sports talk shows that PFF had DJ graded better than Goff

i think most QB lists(stats & opinions) will have DJ ranked in the 15 range.

If giants don't lock up DJ, and dont franchise him. There will be teams interested - all these teams needing QBs are not going to the draft.....

i'm worried most about the pats - Judge talked very highly of DJ - could also see Saints/Bucs

i think I also saw stat that the giants are the top or near the top in red zone conversion TD% - thats coaching difference between this year and last, last year we were towards the bottom. not including this crazy game we scored 6 more PPG this season than last - def room to improve on that

Defensive TD red zone conversion % - we are also doing good in that - we are allowing tons of yards per game on D (which gives the offense less opportunities) but we are defending in red zone better than most

Last edited:
Very happy with this team …. Just be competitive in the playoffs …. Scare the team we play and im happy ….

I’ll worry about next year ….. when the season is done

I would love to face minny again

also - lets not forget this is the first year in this system for DJ - 3rd different system in his young PRO career - ALSO - offensive coordinator - first time he has called plays in his career - i'm guessing most of the principles in this offense mirrors buffalo's with very little if any from the chefs system

yea I def think there is room for improvement for Daniel Jones and this offense - and we might not have to wait for the 23 reg season to witness it.....

4 wins away...

Last edited:
word is they are resting players tomorrow.....good, barkley taking a week off hopefully pays off for him...he could use a recharge

back to DJ....

His reg season ends HEALTHY - finally - i'm pleasantly surprised - most games played for him, most hits for sure

ends the season(as of today) with 22 TDs 8 TOs 3900 passing and rushing yards --- 9th in the NFL in QBR and completion % - career highs
oh and as of today he is 9th in NFL in rushing 1st downs among QBs AND RBs with 57, barkley is 6th with 62 1st downs (yes only 5 less first downs than our pro bowl RB)

below avg Oline - among worst if not worst pass catcher group in entire NFL - is he a pro bowl caliber QB? no hes about avg(PFF ranks him as of today higher than Cousins and Goff) - but do think hes about 5 TDs away from being a pro bowl caliber QB - def can see him taking it to that pro bowl or near it level with some actual talent around him(7-8/10 guys currently can easily be replaced)

Are you aware counting last season in college - 4 of the last 5 seasons Daniel Jones had to know/lead 4 different offensive systems - thats not normal - looking forward to year 2 in this system with HOPEFULLY an above avg receiver or 2. heck, how about a WR thats just as good as the #2 WRs on philly, bengals, dolphins, seahawks??? Maybe we can trade our #1, 2, 3 WRs and throw in our TE for their #2???? lmao -

I fully expect our top 3 WRs get replaced and wouldnt be surprised if our starting TE gets bumped down to #2 - hodgins could be in battle for #3 - i'm willing to bet $ Slayton and James won't be on NFL roster week 1

2% chance DJ is not back in 23 - only way I see it happening is they see a vet they gotta have - my fear its Brady - doubt hes back with Bucs in 23 - can def see him trying to get here with some talent following him for one last run.

AND
if you look at Josh Allen's stats before DIGGS got there....only area that he beats DJ is TDs by 7 (This GIANTS team is actually scoring 2 more points per game than that 19 bills team)(that 2019 bills team had D that allowed the 2nd best PPG allowed) - now Josh is a 40 TD a year guy.....no I dont think DJ gets to that level(but who knows!) i'll take 30s and clutch

AND
Eli Manning 2007 reg season - 24 TDs 27 TOs(at the TIME NO ONE would have ranked him a top 20 QB) - steps up his game in playoffs and plays like a pro bowl caliber player....what happens to Eli next season? during reg season much better player - pro bowl player in fact - but plax(12-1) shoots himself and that all went down the drain(end up losing 4/5)....

to be continued.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom