Nets vs Knicks (Fire Isiah) - game thread

Tonight should be a good game. No migraine for kidd tonight and the nets usually have a good time at MSG. Sould be great to hear the fire Isiah chants tonightwhen I go to the Garden.

We need this one. Jersey has to start putting together a solid string of games. And we can't lose to the knicks twice in one season.

I at the arena and it is great everytime I come. Saw curly out but he was in a suit talking to the net coaches and pregame reporter.

Court is beautiful as always as well.

Kind of off topic but do you guys think I should drop Marbury from my fantasy team? He's having the worst season of his career, however I want to give himsome time as we're only 6 weeks into the season.

Kidd looking to dominate early...

Nice block by Carter
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Kind of off topic but do you guys think I should drop Marbury from my fantasy team? He's having the worst season of his career, however I want to give him some time as we're only 6 weeks into the season.

I would say so. I'm sure there's some one in free agency in your league that is producing more. I don't really think anyone will pick upMarbury anyway, so just go pick him back up if he starts doing decent.

As far as the game...Disappointment. RJ with a horrible game, Vince played well, Kidd played well, I'm really loving our Boone/Williams combo.Wright though...
indifferent.gif
. Choke job at the end with the freethrows...itcould of been a 2 point game if he made his damn freethrows and those missed lay ups and ugh...just awful.

Props to all the suomi's who predicted a loss...

I thought it was pretty sad that fans were chanting "Fire Isaiah" at the end even though the team was winning. I understand the principle, if youwant him out you want him out, but why do it on a night where the team played well all night long? Classless IMO...

Originally Posted by nitzski

Props to all the suomi's who predicted a loss...

I thought it was pretty sad that fans were chanting "Fire Isaiah" at the end even though the team was winning. I understand the principle, if you want him out you want him out, but why do it on a night where the team played well all night long? Classless IMO...

Classless?
Have you seen what Isiah has done to this team? He should hear that chant every night.

Just because you take a game from a Nets team that couldn't put together a string of baskets all night doesn't mean the fans should be happy and ignorethe fact that Isiah is taking this team nowhere fast. I want to hear "Fire Isiah" every game until either he's out, or the Knicks begin winningand playing well consistently.

Classless?
Have you seen what Isiah has done to this team? He should hear that chant every night.

Just because you take a game from a Nets team that couldn't put together a string of baskets all night doesn't mean the fans should be happy and ignore the fact that Isiah is taking this team nowhere fast. I want to hear "Fire Isiah" every game until either he's out, or the Knicks begin winning and playing well consistently.

1st of all i never said whether I felt he should or shouldn't be fired. However, I did say on a RARE night where the team plays well from start to finish,keep the chants to yourself. If you're a Knicks fan support your team on a night where the put forth the effort, that team includes Isaiah. Like it or not,and the bottom line is no matter how much you want to blame him Isaiah doesn't go out there and play the games...PERIOD(although it might help...haha)

So to sum it up Yes, it was classless in my opinion.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

We need this one. Jersey has to start putting together a solid string of games. And we can't lose to the knicks twice in one season.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

1st of all i never said whether I felt he should or shouldn't be fired. However, I did say on a RARE night where the team plays well from start to finish, keep the chants to yourself. If you're a Knicks fan support your team on a night where the put forth the effort, that team includes Isaiah. Like it or not, and the bottom line is no matter how much you want to blame him Isaiah doesn't go out there and play the games...PERIOD(although it might help...haha)
I felt the same way, we played well the entire night but the chants were unwarranted (at least for THIS game). And I also agree with what Harlemsaid, if they do start playing good consistently then the chants should stop.

On a side note, WHY does Isiah play Mardy Collins? IMO son is a bonafide burger. No offense, no defense, all turnovers and bad decisions.
sick.gif

I must admit... Mardy has been a burger so far.
laugh.gif

And I hear what you're saying Nitzski, I just think the point that Isiah needs to go has to be pounded into Dolan's brain night in and night out. Onenight of no booing = Dolan feeling Isiah deserves more time at the helm. I hate it.

Tough loss.

You Knick fans are heartless, lol. "Fire Isiah" and your team is kicking the nets behind in the second half and that is all they can cheer.

It was great sitting there at the end listening to the fans. Made the night a little bit more fun with the fans cheering like that. Back to the Izod center ontuesday and the return of Mikki Moore and possibly another game for me if we decide to use our tickets.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Classless?

Just because you take a game from a Nets team that couldn't put together a string of baskets all night doesn't mean the fans should be happy and ignore the fact that Isiah is taking this team nowhere fast. I want to hear "Fire Isiah" every game until either he's out, or the Knicks begin winning and playing well consistently.

Yo word up HTTB. I dont give a $$$$ about 1 $*%%%$$ win, i give a $$$$ about that this was supposed to be our turn around season and we are now 7-16 justcoming off a 5 game losing streak, and it seems the whole team is falling apart. It will take A LOT more than 1 win to stop those chants, and until it happenshe should hear it EVERY night.

And on another note we are 2-0 vs NJ. Even during a tough season, it is nice getting a win vs you all. i *%$**$@ hate the *%$**$@ swamprats. @%+# youSwaprats we are 2-0 vs you. and you guys looked like +**% tonight.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this team is 7-16.

until the knicks do this (win) on a consistent basis, he should get booed every night. he's had five years to fix the mess that he was given.

good game for curry tonight.

Back
Top Bottom