NEIMAJ : NT'er startup shoe brand : UPDATE 2/29 Obama shoe collection

Hey NT,

My company, NEIMAJ, is conducting a giveaway of our first product offering, the ROOTZ in a red/white colorway. The ROOTZ are eco-friendly, using no chemicals, no solvents, no harmful adhesives, earth friendly materials, and they are optimally designed to reduce waste materials. We are giving these away free of charge (shipping included) for promo and marketing research purposes. We have about 25 pair left in MENS SIZES: 9, 10, 12, 13. Just email us at [email protected] with your size and shipping address. All we ask is that you give us your feedback and be willing to answer a short email survey once you've worn them and spread the word!

check us out at www.neimaj.com

THANKS EVERYONE! ALL PAIRS ARE NOW SPOKEN FOR AND HAVE BEEN SHIPPED!!

[email protected]

c0135bb9e001ea26941cb423d393835a112635a.jpeg

Email has been sent. 

nerd.gif

Looking forward to these !

Glad I could help another NTer out.. 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

[ EDIT ]

Already received my confirmation email.
That was fast ! 

eek.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Thanks guys!! They are all spoken for now. I will email everyone when we ship.

Originally Posted by neimaj

Thanks guys!! They are all spoken for now. I will email everyone when we ship.

Nice!

Any update on the shipments yet?.. 
nerd.gif

Just got my pair in..

Decided to add a little extra touches. 
( Red Laces & Colored in the White Stitching all over the Sneaker Red. )

P.S - More pictures will be taken tomorrow when I wear & test them out.. 
devil.gif

Thank You 
neimaj ! 

1st Wear

I have no complaints at all.
Couldn't stop looking down when I was wearing them too.

pimp.gif

Thanks Once Again neimaj 
!

Got my pair this saturday. Love the look... Feel is adequate. I would compare to a $50-60 MSRP Nike vintage blazer type shoe. Upper stitching is well done.. I did notice the red midsole stitching kind of loosens up as the shoe flexes. Then it tightens back when it's not flexed. Can anyone else confirm this? I wouldn't call it a problem as I'm sure the midsole and upper still have GLUE.

Overall Good Job if a product can look and act like this and include none of the following negative associations with shoe production (the chemicals, solvents, and waste). If you would have told me nothing, it appears normal, which is actually a good thing..

I'll give these things a few more standard test wears through past Thanksgiving and have another small writeup.

What's supposed to be the MSRP on these? I got people asking. There is quite an allure on eco friendly 'normal' looking products.

Are we looking at recycled canvas? What's the composition of the midsole? .. Keep up the solid work

got my pair on friday as well. i haven't given it a full spin yet. but i can confirm wallyhopps claim of the midsole stitching loosening up w/ flex of the sole. i have similar questions like wallyhopp regarding these shoes. gonna wait a bit for my review and pix. but i must give props to neimaj on the strength of bringing a concept to fruition. i mean how many of us have wanted to create our own shoe/brand and actually go through with it? big ups hard work pays off.

Hey Guys!,

Thanks for posting, and providing feedback. Pics look awesome!

@ALDY - pics are so dope! love the waxed laces and colored stitching! I did that to a pair of mine and it adds a completely new aesthetic to them, thanks for the inspiration!

@ WallyHoop - Awesome feedback! To answer your questions:
MSRP: You hit the nail on the head, we're going to retail them for $59.99. We're looking at Hibbett Sports, Underground Station, and Journey's for retail outlets

Outsole stitching: Thanks for pointing that out. The reason for this is there is no midsole and the upper is stitched to the outsole, so the stitching is functional and not ornamental. We are going to shorthen the length between the holes to give it a tighter stitch. I can assure you, that they are extremely durable. I have been wearing them and trying to destroy them for over a year now, and they are pretty near indestructible. I even put them in the washing machine weekly.

Glue: there is only a small amount of water based adhesive that is used to seal the outsole rim to the upper. Other than that there is no other adhesives used. Only downer is that you don't get that "new shoe" smell.

Materials: It's just regular untreated canvas with natural dyes. The outsole is untreated natural rubber. Recycled is on the horizon, but quite expensive to produce for us at his point in time. Trust me, as we get funding for further R&D, we have some CRAZY concepts for 100% organic footwear!

Again, thanks for the feedback and pics, keep em coming!

I REALLY APPRECIATE the encouraging words, it means alot!

I've been rocking them all week so far and they're really comfortable. No complaints from me, though, I wish the shoe was a bit lower in height.

For a $60 shoes, these are awesome.

I would love to try these out if you still have another pair by any chance... I could rock a 9 or a 10. I will happily provide plenty of feedback.

I cant believe I missed this thread! Ive always wanted to wear test a pair of shoes.

Cant wait to hear some more wear test results.

Neimaj, does eco friendly mean you wont be making any pairs out of leather or suede ? 

Back
Top Bottom