NBA Teams vol Rushmore

I been wonderin on this one for a while now. I think everyone would pretty much agree that in terms of franchises (players, chips, history, everything) theLakers and Celtics are 1 and 2, and I personally think the Knicks are # 3, but not sure on that. But who do you guys think is 3 and 4 in terms of topfranchises all time in the NBA? Have the Spurs made it? Does that 10 year run of the Bulls make them deserve it? Am I wrong about the Knicks, and two otherteams belong? Pistons maybe?

Me,

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Knicks
4. Pistons

* After seeing the good debate with the all time SG's, I think we can get thru this with minimal Clippers posts, or Timberwolves, or the Grizz.
wink.gif

The Bulls would probably have to be in there....especially over NYK and DET. SAS? I don't think they are quite there yet but are pretty darn close

1. Lakers
2. Celts
3. Bulls
4. Knicks

As far as NBA History goes there are only three teams that matter

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Bulls

I could see people making an argument for the Spurs

The Knicks haven't done *#+@ in a long time.

Pistons had a nice run, but the Bulls was much more impressive.

1.Celtics
2.Lakers
3.Bulls

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

The Pistons and Knicks over the Bulls??

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
That's what I'm asking though, all encompassing, the Bulls have two huge name guys all time. MJ and Scottie. They have 6 titles, but what dothey have the other 30 some odd years? Maybe I am wrong and they should be in the top 4, it's why I asked the question.

Is one players run enough to vault the whole franchise into all time elite?

Originally Posted by CP1708

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
That's what I'm asking though, all encompassing, the Bulls have two huge name guys all time. MJ and Scottie. They have 6 titles, but what do they have the other 30 some odd years? Maybe I am wrong and they should be in the top 4, it's why I asked the question.

They were the face of the NBA for 8 years.
72-10

Mean anything to you?

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
That's what I'm asking though, all encompassing, the Bulls have two huge name guys all time. MJ and Scottie. They have 6 titles, but what do they have the other 30 some odd years? Maybe I am wrong and they should be in the top 4, it's why I asked the question.

72-10

Mean anything to you?

not to mention they've got more NBA championships than the Pistons & Knicks combined

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

72-10

Mean anything to you?
Sure, of course it does. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just asking if it's enough. It's still just one run and that's it. The Pistons won in the 80's, and won again in 04. Two separate completely different eras, decades, but same team.

I guess really my flaw isn't Detroit, but the Knicks. They just have so much history even though a lot of it doesn't include the titles. I dunno.

One reason I listed Boston at 2 and not 1 even though they have the most titles is if not for the 11 year run back when there was only 8 teams, they don'thave a ton of success. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are the Mavs or something, but they have 3 titles in the last 35 years. That says alot. If they go and win a couple here in the next couple seasons, then I would have no problem giving them the top spot.

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

72-10

Mean anything to you?

not to mention they've got more NBA championships than the Pistons & Knicks combined
not to mention that when ever Finals ratings are compared to any other era, the Lakers (Shaq and Kobe) and Bulls (MJ and Scottie) are always themeasuring stick.

I don't see how you put the Bulls on here without debate. We're talking about all of NBA history here. Nobody would recognize Bulls teams or playerspre-Jordan. That said, I'd put them on over Detroit or San Antonio because of the dominance of that one era. Detroit and San Antonio have richer historiesbut what Chicago and Jordan did for basketball makes up for their lack of history.

Boston
Los Angeles/Minneapolis
New York
Chicago

Back
Top Bottom