Nasir has been avoiding Uncle Sam...

[h1]
Federal Tax Lien Against Nas -- It WasWritten[/h1]
Posted Oct 19th 2009 12:45AM by TMZStaff

1018_nas_ex.jpg
Kelis isn't the only person trying to get money from Nas -- turns out Uncle Sam is too!

TMZ has obtained a federal tax lien filed last month against Nas for a whopping $2,584,206.31. Looks like Nas didn't pay his taxes in 2006 and 2007.

Nas is currently involved in a bitter divorce battle with Kelis. Looks like she'll have to wait in line.

Originally Posted by cartune

I dont get it how do you not pay your taxes?
here's an example:

say if you make 2,000 every two weeks and the federal gov, state gov, fica and medicare take their cuts, right? that 2,000 then may turn to 1,600 give or takeso you technically make 2,000 but you're only seeing 1,600.

now imagine if your job puts a new guy on the payroll and for the next 5 checks, you end up seeing that full 2,000 every week (accidentally). the job ends uprealizing their mistake and begins taking taxes back out of your check so you're now seeing that 1,600 again.

let's do the math:
5 normal net paychecks: 8,000
5 gross paychecks: 10,000

so you're now up 2,000 dollars that you've most likely already spent and stashed a little bit away for a rainy day...either way, you're notthinking about paying uncle sam with that extra $$$. but in april, when you're doing your taxes, you owe the government an extra $2,000. where are yougonna get that from? something that simple can get you a tax evasion charge.

in nas's case (or even meth, since he just got caught on the same charge), he probably makes his bread via royalties and shows. i'm sure the labelsends him royalty checks with the taxes already deducted but if nas does a show for my party and i hand him 10,000 in an envelope, do you think he's gonnasend 3,000 dollars to uncle sam off of GP? nope. so even if these dudes have good accountants, they still have to be extra meticulous with their receipts andsuch.

it's pretty easy to get caught up on a tax charge when you're seeing so much money as a rapper, which is why most rappers get bagged for this sameexact thing.

i remember jay-z saying he gets mad at his accountant whenever he tells him how much money he has to pay as annual taxes but he does it anyway because it'snot worth the headache. not everyone thinks like that.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

here's an example:

say if you make 2,000 every two weeks and the federal gov, state gov, fica and medicare take their cuts, right? that 2,000 then may turn to 1,600 give or take so you technically make 2,000 but you're only seeing 1,600.

now imagine if your job puts a new guy on the payroll and for the next 5 checks, you end up seeing that full 2,000 every week (accidentally). the job ends up realizing their mistake and begins taking taxes back out of your check so you're now seeing that 1,600 again.

let's do the math:

so you're now up 2,000 dollars that you've most likely already spent and stashed a little bit away for a rainy day...either way, you're not thinking about paying uncle sam with that extra $$$. but in april, when you're doing your taxes, you owe the government an extra $2,000. where are you gonna get that from? something that simple can get you a tax evasion charge.

in nas's case (or even meth, since he just got caught on the same charge), he probably makes his bread via royalties and shows. i'm sure the label sends him royalty checks with the taxes already deducted but if nas does a show for my party and i hand him 10,000 in an envelope, do you think he's gonna send 3,000 dollars to uncle sam off of GP? nope. so even if these dudes have good accountants, they still have to be extra meticulous with their receipts and such.

it's pretty easy to get caught up on a tax charge when you're seeing so much money as a rapper, which is why most rappers get bagged for this same exact thing.

i remember jay-z saying he gets mad at his accountant whenever he tells him how much money he has to pay as annual taxes but he does it anyway because it's not worth the headache. not everyone thinks like that.

co-sign paying taxes is sum bs anyway

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

here's an example:

say if you make 2,000 every two weeks and the federal gov, state gov, fica and medicare take their cuts, right? that 2,000 then may turn to 1,600 give or take so you technically make 2,000 but you're only seeing 1,600.

now imagine if your job puts a new guy on the payroll and for the next 5 checks, you end up seeing that full 2,000 every week (accidentally). the job ends up realizing their mistake and begins taking taxes back out of your check so you're now seeing that 1,600 again.

let's do the math:

so you're now up 2,000 dollars that you've most likely already spent and stashed a little bit away for a rainy day...either way, you're not thinking about paying uncle sam with that extra $$$. but in april, when you're doing your taxes, you owe the government an extra $2,000. where are you gonna get that from? something that simple can get you a tax evasion charge.

in nas's case (or even meth, since he just got caught on the same charge), he probably makes his bread via royalties and shows. i'm sure the label sends him royalty checks with the taxes already deducted but if nas does a show for my party and i hand him 10,000 in an envelope, do you think he's gonna send 3,000 dollars to uncle sam off of GP? nope. so even if these dudes have good accountants, they still have to be extra meticulous with their receipts and such.

it's pretty easy to get caught up on a tax charge when you're seeing so much money as a rapper, which is why most rappers get bagged for this same exact thing.

i remember jay-z saying he gets mad at his accountant whenever he tells him how much money he has to pay as annual taxes but he does it anyway because it's not worth the headache. not everyone thinks like that.
Basically.Taxes are not fun.

I cant even type out Nas ____

I mean when it rains it pours... and i never wish bad things on anyone

[Nas]
No Revoluntionary gets old, thats what I'm told
you'll get left full of bulletholes, when you tell the people go free,
Its only a matter of time before they try and take me.
[Nas]

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Nas should just stay in the studio. That's the only thing he's good at.

laugh.gif

Word up

This has nothing to do with the tax situation, but what happened between him & Steve Stoute?

Originally Posted by GTEK

[Nas]
No Revoluntionary gets old, thats what I'm told
you'll get left full of bulletholes, when you tell the people go free,
Its only a matter of time before they try and take me.
[Nas]

Back
Top Bottom