Nas and Damien Marley Collaborative Album In The Works *rolleyes emoticon* (swipe)

http://www.contactmusic.c...0in%20the%20works_1094388

Nas is about to be a dad again. It's official. The masterful MC told us on the red carpet of the Grammy Awards that he and wife Kelis are expecting their first child together. The couple will know the baby's sex in a matter of days.

"Yeah, man, I find out what it's gonna be next week, so I'm happy," said the rapper, who has a 15-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. "I got another one coming in '09, yeah! That's what's up!"

Last year, Nas and Kelis showed up to the Grammys walking the red carpet wearing the clothing emblazoned with the N-word, which Nas planned to make the name of his album. You already know about the controversy, the protest, the title change, the #1 chart debut and the critical praise.

A year later, Nas' Untitled LP was up for Best Rap Album. And even though Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III wound up winning, we might just see Nas up for another award in 2010. He says he has another project in the cooker. This one will be a joint effort.

"Right now, I'll tell you first, I'm working on an album with Damian Marley, and we tryin' to build some schools in Africa with this one, and trying to build empowerment," he said. "We're tryin' to show love and stuff with this album. So, the record's ... all about really the 'hood and Africa also as well. That's coming out real soon."

No release date yet, but the rhyme legend is looking tentatively at this spring.

"Too early to tell the title or anything like that," he said. "Shout out to my man Jr. Gong, we getting it in right now."

Nas was guest at L.A. Reid's post-Grammy party. We'll give you one guess which label the album is coming out on.

We all know how this n_ Nassir gets when it comes to these joint albums but for some reason I feel differently about this.

When these two have worked together in the past it's been nothing but heat.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's good to see Nas so focused though.

Nas is about to be a dad again. It's official. The masterful MC told us on the red carpet of the Grammy Awards that he and wife Kelis are expecting their first child together. The couple will know the baby's sex in a matter of days.

"Yeah, man, I find out what it's gonna be next week, so I'm happy," said the rapper, who has a 15-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. "I got another one coming in '09, yeah! That's what's up!"

smokin.gif
That's ill.� Congrats to Nas and Kelis.
Anyway, if it's anything like this...

Put me down
pimp.gif

Honestly, I don't expect this to ever come out
laugh.gif

Question, when do y'all think Nas is going to retire?
I'd have to think he's nearing the end of his road at this point.
I'm wondering what angle he's going to take with his next album.
Rap about big paper or the black man's plight?

Probably just me, but I don't like when Nas tries to get "deep" and starts preaching, especially for an entire album. We'll see though
pimp.gif

Good for Nas. My 2nd fav all time rapper.

All i gotta say is go out do his thing, Nas always spits it as seen on Untitled, preach about Africa whatever. I mean ii like old Nas better but my dude willstill spit it better than anyone in the game today. All i gotta say is...

DO

SOME

PREMO BEATS

THIS TIME!!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'd be surprised to see a Premo beat on this. I'm not mad though, Damien's production is always on point.

^^ damn man what ever happened to those rumors of Nas doing an exec produced Premo album for his next one. i mean ive heard rumors of a Premo one, a Dre one, aKanye one, etc.
roll.gif

Premo's probably not cheap...

Besides, I don't know if he's going to make another album with the 'Untitled' feel to it.
A Premo beat would have sounded terrible on that joint.

Premo is more of that street NY sound, I don't see Nas making too many more of those anymore.
As it should be.

The WORST thing I hate about music is a dude caking 50 mil a year and still rapping about how he's on the streets and %!*%.
Once in a while is dope, but I don't want an entire album about it.

The WORST thing I hate about music is a dude caking 50 mil a year and still rapping about how he's on the streets and %!*%.
QFT. I mean i can dig Nas rapping about life in the Ps and in QB and %%+!. But %#@ does he know about Africa?? Keep it real Esco
smh.gif

I wasn't really getting at that
laugh.gif

I'm talking about dude's who are 30 years old+, with crazy ammounts of money rapping about the same #$!@ they rapped about on their first album.

^If they rap about their life now you guys would call it stunting or show off and most people can't relate to that but most people still can relate to thestuff he talked about on his first album so...

Good point, but I don't feel that way.

You don't have to rap about how sick you are when you got money.

I want to use Quest as an example, but I can't because they've always had that positive/chill/uplifting/fun music from the start.
But I can STILL relate to it you know?
Point being, you don't have to rap about guns and selling weight for people to relate to you.

It's different for rappers who start off rapping about street +*%% because once they blow up and get the $$$, what are they supposed to rap about?

Not many people can do it. I feel like Nas has perfectly embodied that(one of the reasons I think he's the GOAT, but that's another thread
laugh.gif
).
I mean from the start you have a kid from QB rapping about how life is in NY/Queens full of clothes, bank rolls, and %%%$. And he just ended by dropping analbum about a subject matter no one could else could get away with(I mean he still went Gold with it), and he did a DAMN good job on it.

Jay tried to do it with 'Kingdom Come', but ultimately he switched back to 'American Gangster' because well, KC wasn't that good.
He had some good songs on there, but he's a lot more comfortable rapping about street +*%%.

Sorry for rambling
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^ damn man what ever happened to those rumors of Nas doing an exec produced Premo album for his next one. i mean ive heard rumors of a Premo one, a Dre one, a
Kanye one, etc.
roll.gif

That's why you gotta take this %!!+ with a grain of salt. This joint is definitely the most probable though.

Nas and Jr Gong this should be dope. I do wish it was Nasir and Anthony but hey one day maybe.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Good for Nas. My 2nd fav all time rapper.

All i gotta say is go out do his thing, Nas always spits it as seen on Untitled, preach about Africa whatever. I mean ii like old Nas better but my dude will still spit it better than anyone in the game today. All i gotta say is...

DO

SOME

PREMO BEATS

THIS TIME!!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

no shag i was chilling with preme today... he said that the relationship between him and nas ain't like it used to be... he said he rarelyeven speaks to nas now...

Back
Top Bottom