My knees constantly crack (a la knuckles)

So my knees constantly crack (feels like 10+ times a day) and it's been like this for a couple of years.
I always thought it wasn't anything serious, maybe jumper's knee from playing ball since I was 5.
Lately though, it's been getting sore...especially now that I've stopped playing basketball on an almost daily basis.
Anybody ever experience this?

I've tried googling it and i keep hearing about tears in meniscus, ligaments, etc. but I doubt it's that just because I've never had my knee buckleon me (though one time walking around the city after drinking I could barely put any pressure on the right knee from the soreness). I'm probably going toend up going to a physical trainer and ask for some knee exercises.

ive had this with my ankle. I sprained it two years ago, and its never felt fully healed. and usually, when I rotate it, it makes bad cracking noises.... andsounds like wood breaking at the same time... not good.

oh god i get it everywhere....both ankles (sprained both lucky not to break) both my knees, my wrists and my shoulders especially!
its like i have arthritis everywhere........at the age of 18.
i wish i knew what it was lol

me too. on both of my ankles and sometimes my knees. i wouldnt worry too much about it cuz mine have been like that for years

its been happening to my knees since middle school. i still need to get this checked out

I kinda have the same thing but mine isn't sore or anything. Everytime I kneel down my knees make a cracking sound.

up till college every time I would bend my knees fully it would crack and crack pretty loud...eventually it just stopped doing it...dunno why

Im going on my 6th surgery, and the rule is, if when it happens there isnt any immediate pain (while cracking, popping, ect) then it isnt really a problem. Itsonly a problem when it hurts while you do it, soreness is regular, and probably means your getting older or need a break.

my left shoulder has been cracking since october of 2003...when i got tackled in a pick-up football game.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

ive had this with my ankle. I sprained it two years ago, and its never felt fully healed. and usually, when I rotate it, it makes bad cracking noises.... and sounds like wood breaking at the same time... not good.

same thing with me, but both ankles.

Also my left ankle pops when I walk most of the time. Any ideas what it might be?
nerd.gif

It sounds like some of you cats just are stretching enough esp if your lifting weights that will happen. Get down with the yoga or pnf stretching (what I do)and you should be straight.

I could be a gene thing. My knees crack all time and its gets worse when im NOT active. My mom and all her sister have problems with their knees. My had a kneereplacement last year and she only in her 50's. My brother also complains about his knees.

My knees crack when I start off squatting. It gets better as I wind down. It doesn't hurt but is loud and bothers me that it is doing it. Also happens whenI genuflect (sp?) at Church.

i got that on my ankle and both knees when i do butt kicks

it doesnt bother me or hurt, and i still got my hops so i pay no mind to it

Back
Top Bottom