My Early NBA Mock Draft (First Round)

Keyword Early. This is just an early assumption of who's coming out...who's not coming out. Random Lottery Order as well. This was very difficult todo...very weak draft. In some instances I had to take best player available (i.e. Harden to LA even though they have Gordon)

I used Real GM's Draft Simulator - http://www.realgm.com/src_draftsim/4/

[h2]2009 NBA Draft[/h2]
[table][tr][th="row"]1[/th] [td]
was_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Blake Griffin Power Forward, Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]2[/th] [td]
sac_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Ricky Rubio Point Guard, DKV Joventut[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]3[/th] [td]
okc_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Hasheem Thabeet Center, Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]4[/th] [td]
lac_wt.gif
[/td] [td]James Harden Shooting Guard, Arizona State[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]5[/th] [td]
mem_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Greg Monroe Forward/Center, Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]6[/th] [td]
min_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Earl Clark Combo Forward, Louisville[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]7[/th] [td]
gsw_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Brandon Jennings Point Guard, Roma[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]8[/th] [td]
tor_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Jordan Hill Power Forward, Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]9[/th] [td]
cha_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Al-Farouq Aminu Combo Forward, Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]10[/th] [td]
ind_wt.gif
[/td] [td]DeJuan Blair Power Forward, Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]11[/th] [td]
nyk_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Jeff Teague Point Guard, Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]12[/th] [td]
chi_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Tyreke Evans Combo Guard, Memphis[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]13[/th] [td]
njn_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Terrence Williams Shooting Guard, Louisville[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]14[/th] [td]
phx_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Stephen Curry Combo Guard, Davidson[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]15[/th] [td]
mil_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Cole Aldrich Center, Kansas[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th="row"]16[/th] [td]
det_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Willie Warren Point Guard, Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]17[/th] [td]
phi_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Gerald Henderson Shooting Guard, Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]18[/th] [td]
min_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Ty Lawson Point Guard, North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]19[/th] [td]
atl_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Patrick Patterson Power Forward, Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]20[/th] [td]
dal_wt.gif
[/td] [td]James Johnson Power Forward, Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]21[/th] [td]
uta_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Chase Budinger Small Forward, Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]22[/th] [td]
noh_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Darren Collison Point Guard, UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]23[/th] [td]
por_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Jerome Jordan Center, Tulsa[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]24[/th] [td]
sac_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Evan Turner Small Forward, Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]25[/th] [td]
chi_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Jonny Flynn Point Guard, Syracuse[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]26[/th] [td]
okc_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Demar DeRozan Guard/Forward, USC[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]27[/th] [td]
orl_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Tyler Hansbrough Power Forward, North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]28[/th] [td]
min_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Sam Young Small Forward, Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]29[/th] [td]
cle_wt.gif
[/td] [td]DaJuan Summers Small Forward, Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]30[/th] [td]
lal_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Patrick Mills Point Guard, St. Mary's[/td] [/tr][/table]

Looks reasonable for the most part.

I know Dejuan Blair and Terrence Williams are shooting up the draft boards, but damn #10 and #13
eek.gif

Brandon Jennings still holding down a top 10 spot off hype or u think he will tear up workouts to put him back in there?

Derozan getting drafted 1st round? I know he has potential but isn't he averaging only like 7 or 8 a game

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I know Dejuan Blair and Terrence Williams are shooting up the draft boards, but damn #10 and #13
eek.gif
That's why I said this was extremely difficult to do. I tried to take in account who was rising up the boards and who was falling...and basedon team needs and their stocks at this time...I couldn't figure who else to select in those two spots. I figured Indiana has two pretty good point guardsin Jack/Ford. They are loaded at the wing (Granger, Dunleavy, Rush, Daniels) so I figured they'd be drafting big and they already have Hibbert in the paintso I figured some help or a possible replacement for Troy Murphy made sense. With Jersey...I just figured Carter's on his way out sooner or later andversatile wing like Williams would fit. I honestly believe once workouts roll around Williams is going to put himself in late lottery talks anyone...he'sthe definition of workout warrior in these types of drafts. He's going to wow teams in measurements and drills.

Originally Posted by jville819

Derozan getting drafted 1st round? I know he has potential but isn't he averaging only like 7 or 8 a game

In this weak of a draft...on potential alone I had him there. I honestly don't think he's coming back no matter how much he needs to. I figure a teamlike OKC after probably landing a big time player with a top 3-5 pick could gamble with a late first round pick. Right now...the 2 and the 5 could use depth. Ifigured Derozan in OKC would be pretty interesting and worth the risk.
Brandon Jennings still holding down a top 10 spot off hype or u think he will tear up workouts to put him back in there?
He's going to have solid workouts but I figured with alot of teams needing Point Guards...who's honestly going to go before him besidesRubio? Maybe Teague. Rubio might not even come out but the talk lately is that if he's a top 3 pick he'll come out because his contract would be bigenough to pay that crazy buyout he has overseas.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

BJ SHOULD tear up workouts and playing against pros can't hurt. Esp when he seems to actually be playing defense over there.
Yeah, but you know how that goes

I think Patty Mills is a Mid to Late first rounder and Darren Collison is a borderline first/second rounder. I think you should switch the two. IMO, I think aHarden/Gordon backcourt can work for the Clips.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I think Patty Mills is a Mid to Late first rounder and Darren Collison is a borderline first/second rounder. I think you should switch the two. IMO, I think a Harden/Gordon backcourt can work for the Clips.

Good point...if I had to make any changes I'd probably swap Mills and Collison...I don't know what I was thinking there.

Originally Posted by AirWing03

no to willie warren. take Lawson or Hansbrough for that matter
You'd rather have Lawson or Hansbrough before Willie Warren? wow.

And of course Utah selects Chase Budinger
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I figured....white guy...shooter...it was a perfect marriage. Especially with AK possibly being moved soon.

Looking at the OKC picks again...I was thinking if the two picks were to ever pan out

PG - Westbrook
SG - Derozan
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Thabeet

I wouldn't even want to think about that...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

eek.gif
That's why I said this was extremely difficult to do. I tried to take in account who was rising up the boards and who was falling...and based on team needs and their stocks at this time...I couldn't figure who else to select in those two spots. I figured Indiana has two pretty good point guards in Jack/Ford. They are loaded at the wing (Granger, Dunleavy, Rush, Daniels) so I figured they'd be drafting big and they already have Hibbert in the paint so I figured some help or a possible replacement for Troy Murphy made sense. With Jersey...I just figured Carter's on his way out sooner or later and versatile wing like Williams would fit. I honestly believe once workouts roll around Williams is going to put himself in late lottery talks anyone...he's the definition of workout warrior in these types of drafts. He's going to wow teams in measurements and drills.

Yeah I see where you were getting at. I've been following the prospects/draft reports all year and it'll be very hard to predict who goes where forthe most part.

And of course Utah selects Chase Budinger
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chicago would sure have a lot of guards.

As a Piston fan I think I'd prefer a big...I guess Patterson and Johnson are the two that'd fall around there.

I can't see Dejuan Blair going top 10.

I just can't.

Teague in NY? In D'Antoni's system?
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Tyreke and Rose would be nice....But they would be quite possibly the worst shooting backcourt in the history of everything.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I just can't.
I can't either...I started to go with Pat Patterson there but I was like...I really couldn't see him going top 10 either.
ohwell.gif

As a Piston fan I think I'd prefer a big...I guess Patterson and Johnson are the two that'd fall around there.
I figure Gordon and Hinrich are on their way out...sooner than later and they'd need replacements. Evans would given them the bigger 2 guardthey've been looking for...one who can actually create. Flynn would be a decent backup to Rose.

you don't think Tyler Smith is going first round anymore? or what about Calathes, I don't see him coming back.

I think Jerel McNeal's stock could rise if he sees time at the 1 and plays decently now that Domo is out for the year.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

i see ricky rubio being a bust.

Idk whether he will be one or not but I can't wait to see him play. I've been hearing about the kid since he was 15.

edit - I agree with Wiz, if Calathes comes out he is 1st round

Jerel McNeal. somewhere between 13-20.
Im standin by that.

*edit
Terrence Williams' game has NBA written all over it.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by joesarge

thats why i said Psyco-T. He's the best big man available after that. I dont even know whats going to happen to us after the seasons over.
Total Rehaul....get it?

Originally Posted by The Wizard

you don't think Tyler Smith is going first round anymore? or what about Calathes, I don't see him coming back.

I think Jerel McNeal's stock could rise if he sees time at the 1 and plays decently now that Domo is out for the year.
I was on the fence about Calathes...I don't have a good feel for whether he's coming back or not. If I put him in this one he'sprobably somewhere mid-first on my list. There are a TON of wings in this draft I figured someone had to be the odd man out which is why I left Smith out.

Good work on the mock....

Did you not put BJ Mullins in the 1st round on purpose?

I can see Sam Young and Terrence Williams being interchangable at the 13/28 spots....

*Keep a SERIOUS eye on Jerome Jordan...that's one dude who I think will end up in the lottery after camps etc....

I just can't.

sick.gif
pimp.gif

my same initial thoughts.

I understand the rationale with Blair in Indy tho...it's just when he measures in, it won't be good, regardless of his wingspan.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Good work on the mock....

Did you not put BJ Mullins in the 1st round on purpose?

I can see Sam Young and Terrence Williams being interchangable at the 13/28 spots....

*Keep a SERIOUS eye on Jerome Jordan...that's one dude who I think will end up in the lottery after camps etc....
I don't think Mullens is coming out. I think he'll enter and pull his name if he doesn't test well...which I think he won't. Butthen again...you never know...as evident by DeAndre Jordan last year.

Sam/Williams are interchangeable...I was just going off the buzz each player's getting right now. Alot of people are in love with Williams right now.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I just can't.

sick.gif
pimp.gif
my same initial thoughts.

I understand the rationale with Blair in Indy tho...it's just when he measures in, it won't be good, regardless of his wingspan.

That 6'7" is gonna go down to 6'5"....believe that...

also...InMyMind....lets say Greivis carrys the Terps on some John Gilchrist-type of run in the ACC Tourney....is he sniffing the first round? He's cutdown on the TO's, but that FG % is
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom