My dog was attacked by another dog, the owner is denying responsibility, what can I do?

Pretty much what the threat titled says. Was at the dog park and my 35 pound dog was minding her own business and chewing on a stick when this 80 pound golden retriever lunged on her and attacked her. The owner is refusing to admit responsibility because "his dog has never attacked before" and says he won't help with the vet bills. What can I do?

Last edited:
Did anyone else see it? Without any proof, you're SOL.

There's nothing I hate more on this earth than inattentive dog owners. I love animals, especially dogs, but I wont hesitate to forcibly introduce your pooch to my size 11.5 shoe if they try to attack my dog.

Any witnesses?

Small claims court if anything...I dunno.

Other owner should at least pay for the initial vet exam following the attack. Would be the right thing to do.

If you're at a dog park, you're out of luck. Judge Judy and the People's Court says so.

Hope your dog is not hurt too bad.

Pretty much what the threat titled says. Was at the dog park and my 35 pound dog wasn't minding her own business and chewing on a stick when this 80 pound golden retriever lunged on her and attacked her. The owner is refusing to admit responsibility because "his dog has never attacked before" and says he won't help with the vet bills. What can I do?

Well he can't use that excuse again. Or has he?
Hope your dog is ok.

Unfortunately I was so fired up and I didn't even think to get pics when her mouth was full of blood and blood was gushing , now that it's mostly cleaned up you can just see a few drops barely. Waiting at the emergency vet right now to get it checked out.

A few things I looked at on google said you can take the owner to small claims court if the refuse. Also I saw some advice online saying to report it to animal control.

I'm just really pissed off that the guy won't accept any responsibility, if the situation was opposite I wouldn't be happy about it but I would take responsibility for my dog and pay the bills.

Apparently the owner of the dog is training to be a cop.., the irony of not taking responsibility... smh.

A few things I looked at on google said you can take the owner to small claims court if the refuse. Also I saw some advice online saying to report it to animal control.

That dog may already have a record. When they accumulate a rap sheet - they get put down.

I wonder how would
You get the persons information.
I doubt he gave it to you and are you going to wait for him at the dog park until
He arrives?

He may never show up. I wouldn't if I was a complete ******* like
Him.

It's a dog park though, you assume the risk when you take your dog to a park open to other unleashed dogs big and small. They are animals at the end of the day and nature can kick in some times. It would be different if it was on a sidewalk where the dogs are supposed to be leashed.

Understandable but as a dog owner, I also assume the risk that if my dog attacks another dog or a human at the dog park I'll take responsibility for it and help whoever I can.

Just noticed this small bite mark on her inner ear too, glad it isn't worse.

Attachments

• IMG_8437.JPG
    IMG_8437.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 28
I wonder how would
You get the persons information.
I doubt he gave it to you and are you going to wait for him at the dog park until
He arrives?

He may never show up. I wouldn't if I was a complete ******* like
Him.

Couplets lit.

Why did a Golden Retriever of all dogs attack your dog? Or were they playing and got too rough and pissed each other off?

Back
Top Bottom