Moving out of parents house

jbpkickz

Banned
turning 22 next month and will have my degree in may, im tryna move out march 15th with about 4000 saved, currently have a full time job making about 1700 every month after taxes , will have a roomate taking care of about 400 of the 895 for rent. anybody who mved out have any advice for a first time mover ?

factor in EVERYTHING you anticipate spending money on. does that $400 include utilities? if not inquire how much water, heat, and electricity will run, fixed or based on use?

you will also need to factor in your personal bills, internet/cable, groceries, car/gas/insurance, "bull ****" expenses, and then see with how much you end up with.

create a budget and stick to it.

don't move in the middle of the month, the 1st comes back around sooner than you would think

thanks for all the input bros, yeah the utilites ar eincluded so all i pay for is electric water and gas are free, its 5 mins from my job so gas is a non factor and i went to cooking school and am skinny so food will be easy , gotta get those locks tho and the first month rent is free so i dont think i hve to worry about the 1st of the month just yet

If wait another month or 2. Bring your savings up to around $7,000. You'll be able to do a little more with your new crib and have some spending money on your first time out.

2 bedrooms in san francisco is 2,000$ and up. 6 months rent after move in costs are ideal. make sure you create a separate budget for food as this will be your highest non-rent cost. when i got my first place this year i wasnt aware of local/city taxes i had to pay. i would go to city hall website of your city and check out what you might be missing. dollar stores come in handy for everyday things like tupperware and foil wrap. good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom