Montreal Road Trip

Me and a couple friends were thinking about making a road trip to Montreal for about a 4 days. Im coming from NYC so it should be about a 6-7 hour drive. I waswondering if anyone could recommend a specific place in Montreal to stay by to be closest to night life, food, stores and stuff like that. Also should we lookinto motels or marriots?

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Any recommendations as to where to shop, party, eat?
schwartz meat shop (sp?) it's not really close to the hotel but hands down GOAT smoked meat you'll ever try IMO
shopping on st catherines theres malls and some stores
for parties along st catherines there's tons of bars/clubs/strip clubs

There is a lot of nightclub in Montreal. You can try "La Boom", the "Club Opera", the "Tribe Hyperclub". I also hear aboutAltitude 737, it's on the 47th floor of the Ville-Marie building, but I've never been there.
If you want to eat, i personnaly love Baton Rouge (there is one near the Place des Arts on Ste-Catherine street).
There is also a lot of lounge/bar on St-Laurent blvd (mostly on north of Sherbrooke and St-Laurent corner).

For shopping you can go at the Centre Eaton (also on Ste-Catherine) but honestly, unless you're going to buy some "I love Canada" shirt, it'snot really a good deal to buy here
wink.gif
. If you want some souvenir, you can go in the Old Montreal (mostly on the "Place Jacques-Cartier")

Also, if you have time, you can go on the Mont Royal (mostly by night) to see Montreal from higher! There is 2 places to see: one is accesible by car, and theother you have to park and walk, but it's definitly better since you see the downtown.

I hope you will understand what i wrote lol

What kind of food do you like to eat?
What are you looking to buy?
What kind of music do you like?
Let me know and I will let you know where you can find it in MTL.

SirCharles-

can you direct me (21 year old male) as to where to stay and where to party in montreal because i was about to make this same post.

while someone already gave you good info on clubs n shopping.. explore old montreal n port area by foot. its got a very old school small town europe'#+*feel to it, and some unique shops.

Anyone know the cheapest places to stay, that is not a hostel, Im looking to spend 50$ a night. I dont want to pay for an extravagant hotel that I wont beadmiring while I am there.

Back
Top Bottom