Metal Gear Solid vol. Put Me On

Whats the low down on this game. Ive heard good things about it but ive never played it. I need some help with finding some good first person shooting gamesfor the PS3. In the past ive pretty much stuck to sports games (madden, ncaa, etc.). Help me out NT. Thanks

impossible to explain...start from mgs 1 got to the best one mgs2 (ya i said it) and so on

its worth it thats all that can be said unless you want a wikipedia explanation which wouldnt give you the full effect

/thread

One of the best series ever created. Start with the first one as it is easily the best IMO. However, it's more of an espionage/tactical game than ashooter, I mean, you could go through the game without shooting someone if you know how to play. Nevertheless, awesome game and series, you will enjoy it.

Originally Posted by realtalkitsDC

Originally Posted by StocksandBonds85

MGS isnt a 1st person shooting game

whatever you know what im talking about....
laugh.gif

The MGS series is an automatic cop though. Its an espionage action game with
pimp.gif
storylines ...classic. you wont be disappointed
pimp.gif

1st person shooting games...check out the Call of Duty series

its definitley not a first person...its 3rd person sneaking and takes a reasonable amount of skill.....story is the best part

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I played through the game shooting anyone I saw
pimp.gif

But you must cop GTA IV
cosign on both, even though ive been thinking about playing MGS4 without killing anyone except those you need to...anyone do it? anything specialhappen?

- not a FPS (it's a 3rd person shooter game) although you can switch to FPS targeting mode
- alot of hiding in shadows, sneaking around and only shooting your gun when you need to
- don't expect to just run in there with guns a blazing = that is not the point of the game. enemies have unlimited re-spawning so you'll just wasteall your ammo
- very heavy on storyline, you'll play the game for about 30 minutes, and then watch 30 minutes of cut-scenes, some cut-scenes are interactive
- graphics and gameplay is one of the best for PS3
- the game is very good if you play it how it is meant to be played, but not all that much fun to play if you're into just messing around for fun. it isnot an open ended game like GTA. the gameplay has very set objectives and you cannot really do much other than what you're supposed to do in the mission

i don't know where to begin... i hope you have the ability to take in deep plots, patience, and character development.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I played through the game shooting anyone I saw
pimp.gif

But you must cop GTA IV
I'm about to play this now.
769155e7a6a47b5886436c483098501188f7e0c.gif

The first MGS i played was 2. My brother brought it home and I never though I'd get into that kinda game. Easily one of my favorite games on PS2.

I borrowed MGS4 from a friend not too long ago. I went on a binge for like a week and it ended up taking me 27 and a half hours to beat. I beat the first twoand I think MGS4 is the best one this game is the truth.

i remember my psone was %%$+++ up and i couldnt play the second disc until till like a year later when i finally got the damn thing fixed
indifferent.gif

and i donno, i actually like being raiden in the second game. everybody hated that dude back in the day
laugh.gif

i got mgs1 for christmas back in the day

man that game changed my life as a youngin back in the day

cant wait till 5 comes out
pimp.gif

I havent played yet cause I have no intention on playing the first 3
and people told me I need to in order to understand the story
grin.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

I havent played yet cause I have no intention on playing the first 3
and people told me I need to in order to understand the story
grin.gif
I was in the same boat, but you can just read up on it on wiki or something.

Back
Top Bottom