McDonald's in Japan FTW (Or Better Than The Big Mac Wrap)

Sorry if this is late...
[h3]'Big America' Burgers Coming to McDonald's in Japan Next Year[/h3]
Posted by Robyn Lee, December 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM

20091228-bigamericaburgers.jpg

[Photographs: Gigazine]

Inventor Spot describes the four new quarter-pound, US state-themed Big America burgers coming to McDonald's Japan next year:
  • The Texas Burger topped with old-fashioned grainy mustard-relish, barbecue sauce, bacon, cheese, and crispy fried onions with a middle bun that separates the barbecue sauce, onions, and bacon from the rest of the burger.
  • The Burger New York topped with Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce, and grainy mustard.
  • The California Burger topped with spicy cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce, and a special sauce made with red wine produced in California.
  • The Hawaii Burger topped with special gravy, an Egg McMuffin-style fried egg, bacon, chopped lettuce, and American cheese.
According to these topping combinations, the burgers of America are united by bacon. (If any of you know Japanese, feel free to let me know if anything has been incorrectly translated from the original post on Gigazine.)

It looks a lot better than the Big Mac Wrap...

Big-Mac-Snack-Wrap-open.jpg

hawaii burger looks good.

but i rarely eat mcdonalds because its horrible for you.

man i did the mistake of getting the big mac wrap, just to try it...super fail.
the egg on the burger is the truth

Poor souls in Japan being exposed to the horrendous fast food corporations. Japan has the healthiest cuisine and the longest life expectancies in the world, Ican't imagine McDonalds will help that.

any burger with egg is good to me. I had a fatburger the other day in AC. joint was heaven...

Outside of North America, fast food franchises make better tasting food. My friend said that the Dominos pizza in India was great (instead of having packetswith cheese, they have packets of curry style spices. My friend's Indian hosts could not believe that Americans would be so gluttonous as to have morecheese on top of what is already plenty of cheese), another friend of mine said that the KFC in China was great and I rarely get McDonalds but when I wentthere in Germany it was pretty tasty.

I bet that these Burgers will be pretty good. My sister said that the Japanese take on the Hamburger was very good, especially the rice bun burger with thewhale patty with spicy mayo and eel sauce. Traditional Japanese food is delicious, healthy and full of variety but obviously Japanese people like foreigninfluences in their food. Everyone I know who has been in Japan said that they have a very diverse set of food that they enjoy and there are many foreigninfluences.

Ramen is the Japanese take on Chinese noodle soups (This is why Ramen houses tend to serve items that Japanese associate with China like yakigyoza and do notusualy serve traditional Japanese foods like Udon) , the most widely consumed food in Japan is the Japanese version of Indian curries, they love boba fromTaiwan, they have reimported "Americanized" sushi like Cali rolls and other futomaki like Philly and Alaska rolls, they like fried chicken, icecream, Italian Pastas (with either Italian pasta sauces or Japanized sauces like roe, dikon and squid), meat and potatoes, hashed browns (although with meatand as the filling in sub sandwiches), they make potato salad for their bentos, they enjoy Brazilian all you can eat BBQ and according to my sister, they makesome of the best French and Italian style pastries in the World.

Japan has a great culture because it is not insular at all but it still retains many of their ancient customs at the same time. They also tend to add certainJapanese elements to many imported foods or which ever element of foreign culture that they import. For instance, they tend to alter take a foreign food itemand make it more aesthetically pleasing because the aesthetics of food are very important in Japan. They also tend to have smaller portions for a given dishbecause they tend to savor their food and their norm for what is a good serving size is smaller or if they want a lot of food, they tend to have many differentfoods at a meal so they would not want to make one particular serving of a particular dish so large that you would get filled up and not have room for riceand/or noddles, salad and miso, at the very least.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Outside of North America, fast food franchises make better tasting food. My friend said that the Dominos pizza in India was great (instead of having packets with cheese, they have packets of curry style spices. My friend's Indian hosts could not believe that Americans would be so gluttonous as to have more cheese on top of what is already plenty of cheese), another friend of mine said that the KFC in China was great and I rarely get McDonalds but when I went there in Germany it was pretty tasty.

I bet that these Burgers will be pretty good. My sister said that the Japanese take on the Hamburger was very good, especially the rice bun burger with the whale patty with spicy mayo and eel sauce. Traditional Japanese food is delicious, healthy and full of variety but obviously Japanese people like foreign influences in their food. Everyone I know who has been in Japan said that they have a very diverse set of food that they enjoy and there are many foreign influences.

Ramen is the Japanese take on Chinese noodle soups (This is why Ramen houses tend to serve items that Japanese associate with China like yakigyoza and do not usualy serve traditional Japanese foods like Udon) , the most widely consumed food in Japan is the Japanese version of Indian curries, they love boba from Taiwan, they have reimported "Americanized" sushi like Cali rolls and other futomaki like Philly and Alaska rolls, they like fried chicken, ice cream, Italian Pastas (with either Italian pasta sauces or Japanized sauces like roe, dikon and squid), meat and potatoes, hashed browns (although with meat and as the filling in sub sandwiches), they make potato salad for their bentos, they enjoy Brazilian all you can eat BBQ and according to my sister, they make some of the best French and Italian style pastries in the World.

Japan has a great culture because it is not insular at all but it still retains many of their ancient customs at the same time. They also tend to add certain Japanese elements to many imported foods or which ever element of foreign culture that they import. For instance, they tend to alter take a foreign food item and make it more aesthetically pleasing because the aesthetics of food are very important in Japan. They also tend to have smaller portions for a given dish because they tend to savor their food and their norm for what is a good serving size is smaller or if they want a lot of food, they tend to have many different foods at a meal so they would not want to make one particular serving of a particular dish so large that you would get filled up and not have room for rice and/or noddles, salad and miso, at the very least.
Lots of good bits in there Rex. I've adopted a Japanese diet and hope to fully transform that when I get my own place (and kitchen). Onigiriis just amazing.

I agree on the diverse cuisine part. The Michelin Guide recently awarded Tokyo more stars than Paris which is a huge deal. They have great foods of every kind.

Rex hit it on the head!

I loooove hitting up fast food when I travel because it is so much different and so much better as far as quality goes. The tastes are different, the choicesare different, its a whole nother world compared to what you get in the US.

I never understood this.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Outside of North America, fast food franchises make better tasting food. My friend said that the Dominos pizza in India was great (instead of having packets with cheese, they have packets of curry style spices. My friend's Indian hosts could not believe that Americans would be so gluttonous as to have more cheese on top of what is already plenty of cheese), another friend of mine said that the KFC in China was great and I rarely get McDonalds but when I went there in Germany it was pretty tasty.

I bet that these Burgers will be pretty good. My sister said that the Japanese take on the Hamburger was very good, especially the rice bun burger with the whale patty with spicy mayo and eel sauce. Traditional Japanese food is delicious, healthy and full of variety but obviously Japanese people like foreign influences in their food. Everyone I know who has been in Japan said that they have a very diverse set of food that they enjoy and there are many foreign influences.

Ramen is the Japanese take on Chinese noodle soups (This is why Ramen houses tend to serve items that Japanese associate with China like yakigyoza and do not usualy serve traditional Japanese foods like Udon) , the most widely consumed food in Japan is the Japanese version of Indian curries, they love boba from Taiwan, they have reimported "Americanized" sushi like Cali rolls and other futomaki like Philly and Alaska rolls, they like fried chicken, ice cream, Italian Pastas (with either Italian pasta sauces or Japanized sauces like roe, dikon and squid), meat and potatoes, hashed browns (although with meat and as the filling in sub sandwiches), they make potato salad for their bentos, they enjoy Brazilian all you can eat BBQ and according to my sister, they make some of the best French and Italian style pastries in the World.

Japan has a great culture because it is not insular at all but it still retains many of their ancient customs at the same time. They also tend to add certain Japanese elements to many imported foods or which ever element of foreign culture that they import. For instance, they tend to alter take a foreign food item and make it more aesthetically pleasing because the aesthetics of food are very important in Japan. They also tend to have smaller portions for a given dish because they tend to savor their food and their norm for what is a good serving size is smaller or if they want a lot of food, they tend to have many different foods at a meal so they would not want to make one particular serving of a particular dish so large that you would get filled up and not have room for rice and/or noddles, salad and miso, at the very least.
that is very interesting

Back
Top Bottom