MCA from the Beastie Boys has died. RIP.

11 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

'BEASTIE BOYS' MCA
Dead at 47

BREAKING NEWS
0504-adam-yauch-getty-2.jpg

"Beastie Boys" rapper MCA -- real name Adam Yauch -- has died.

In 2009, MCA announced he was being treated for a cancerous parotid gland and a lymph node. He has since undergone surgery and radiation therapy.

So far, it's not clear if the death is related to the rapper's battle with cancer.

Russell Simmons' website GlobalGrind.com first reported the death. We have spoken to people independently connected to the rapper who also say he is dead.

Yauch co-founded Beastie Boys in 1979 with Mike D, Mix Master Mike, and Ad Roc. The group has won multiple Grammys.

Yauch became a vegan at the recommendation of his Tibetan doctors.

Yauch is survived by his wife and daughter. He was 47.

I'm still SMH in disbelief... I was just listening to Paul's Boutique while at work vibin'. That album is a classic. In recognition of their recent induction to the rock & roll hall of fame, Mick Boogie put out a nice mixtape for free. Here's a link.

!%*$ cancer man. The Beastie Boys are one of, if not the favorite band of mine. MCA was always my favorite of the group
frown.gif

I remember back when they announced his cancer treatment and had to push back the hot sauce committee but I thought it was in remission now. RIP to a legend.

this is really sad for me
I've been one of their biggest fans since 7th grade when Check Your Head dropped
Pass the Mic and So Watcha Want were my personal classics for years

RIP

Probbaly my favorite Beastie Boy.. I didn't even know he was sick
30t6p3b.gif

R.I.P.

Got to play basketball with him a couple times, was a really quiet and humble dude, nice as could be.

Cancer man
30t6p3b.gif

RIP

Wow.

I can't wrap my mind around this. I should've seen this coming. With the email he sent out asking for mass meditation, with his lack of promo for the last album, how even though he was in a baggy cop uniform for the Make Some Noise vid, you could tell how frail he looked. Then of course with him skipping the hof festivities, this shouldn't be as much as a shock to me, when I should have been more at peace with MCA passing. MCA was my favorite Beastie in a land slide. This is most likely due to the fact the when I first started listening to the Beasties, his voice was the easiest to distinguish. I hold the Beasties in such high regard. They were one of the first musicians where music began to "sound" and "look" different to me, and for that I thank them so much. This leads me back to Yauch. I consider Yauch to be the George Harrison of the group as both went through such dramatic transformations. Yauch went from a beer drinking punk rocker to a super drugged up dude with a beard like a billy goat to eventually a sober, vegan Tibetan Buddhist. Then there's his foray into directing with the funny music videos, and also Gunnin For The #1 Spot. Thank you Yauch, and best of luck in your new adventure.

Back
Top Bottom