Man cleared after 9 years in prison.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Oct. 14) -- Prosecutors are saying a Kentucky man who served about nine years in prison for a shooting death and robbery is innocent.

Jefferson County Commonwealth's Attorney David Stengel said Tuesday that Edwin A. Chandler was innocent of the 1993 slaying of a convenience store clerk. Another man has been indicted in the killing.
Skip over this content
1255533337391.JPEG

Matt Stone, The Courier-Journal / AP

Edwin Chandler wept in court Tuesday when a judge vacated the manslaughter and robbery charges against him in a 1993 slaying and robbery case. He spent nine years in prison before being paroled.
http:// Skip over this content
Chandler's attorney, Marguerite Thomas, says a fingerprint on a beer bottle at the scene, along with two witnesses who came forward, cleared Chandler. Chandler was paroled in 2002.

Stengel offered his apologies and said he hoped to help Chandler receive restitution from the state.

A judge overturned Chandler's conviction Tuesday afternoon.

crazy . . nine years for something he never did. i couldn't even imagine
smh.gif

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

he's about to get PAID! enjoy that money my man, ENJOY IT!

"Kentuckyis one of 32 states that do not provide compensation for people who have been wrongfully convicted andimprisoned. Prosecutors in Kentucky are given absolute immunity even though there is legislation that allows the Stateto pay any jury awards against prosecutors."

if he was in texas who pays 80k a year he would get about 750k though.

Ooooh, man... I feel sooooooo bad for him.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Glad he got out after 9 years, though... instead of being in there 10 years for a crime he didn't do, or 11, 12, 13... etc.

Those of you who were 18 or older in 2000, imagine being locked up back in 2000 for something you didn't do, and you just got cleared this year, declaredinnocent.

Crazy.

i couldn't imagine having my freedom taken for something i didn't do...has to be one of the most sickening feelings ever...

i hope he can get past this and get on with life...

wonder if he lost his family over this...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Ooooh, man... I feel sooooooo bad for him.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Glad he got out after 9 years, though... instead of being in there 10 years for a crime he didn't do, or 11, 12, 13... etc.

Those of you who were 18 or older in 2000, imagine being locked up back in 2000 for something you didn't do, and you just got cleared this year, declared innocent.

Crazy.

Exactly.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by doosta45

not even all the money in the world can make up for 9 years in prison.

That's what I'm saying. Also, depending on what happened to him in there or what he had to do
sick.gif
; money can't really wash that away.

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

"Kentucky is one of 32 states that do not provide compensation for people who have been wrongfully convicted and imprisoned. Prosecutors in Kentucky are given absolute immunity even though there is legislation that allows the State to pay any jury awards against prosecutors."

if he was in texas who pays 80k a year he would get about 750k though.
No compensation but a Civil Suit is different

I'm sorry but that is just sick. He went to Jail and had to go through jail life for a near decade for nothing, SMH to the crooked cops, prosecutor andmore. I hope he gets paid in some kinda way cause they ruined his life for nothing.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I'm sorry but that is just sick. He went to Jail and had to go through jail life for a near decade for nothing, SMH to the crooked cops, prosecutor and more. I hope he gets paid in some kinda way cause they ruined his life for nothing.
Why do they have to be crooked? Maybe they simply overlooked the fingerprint (errors happen) and the people didnt come forward until later...

Unless I misread the article.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by doosta45

not even all the money in the world can make up for 9 years in prison.
esp if they took his manhood
smh.gif

Or if any of his close fam or peeps passed without him being there or even knowing he was innocent.
Dude might have had children and everything.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom