Man charged $23,148,855,308,184,500 for a pack of cigarettes, SMH.

[h1]Man charged $23,148,855,308,184,500 for one pack of cigarettes[/h1]
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 12:01 PM

alg_cigarettes.jpg
Coolidge/Getty
A man was accidentally billed more than $23 quadrillion for a pack of cigarettes.

MANCHESTER, N.H. - A New Hampshire man says he swiped his debit card at a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes and was charged over 23 quadrillion dollars.

Josh Muszynski checked his account online a few hours later and saw the 17-digit number - a stunning $23,148,855,308,184,500 (twenty-three quadrillion, one hundred forty-eight trillion, eight hundred fifty-five billion, three hundred eight million, one hundred eighty-four thousand, five hundred dollars).

Muszynski says he spent two hours on the phone with Bank of America trying to sort out the string of numbers and the $15 overdraft fee.

The bank corrected the error the next day. Bank of America tells WMUR-TV only the card issuer, Visa, could answer questions.

Visa, in turn, referred questions to the bank.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...r_one_pack_of_cigarettes.html#ixzz0LLqaEVt5&D

smh.gif
at bank of america takin two hours to address the issue. i would have made them pay for my cell minutes, too.

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

How was he charged that much?
i'm guessing either he didn't notice the amount on the register, or the transaction was corrupted between VISA and bank of america. iwould have asked bank of america to pick up the tab for those two hours of cell phone use too.

The bank corrected the error the next day. Bank of America tells WMUR-TV only the card issuer, Visa, could answer questions.
Visa, in turn, referred questions to the bank.

Typical. SMH

Back
Top Bottom