Making a living Vol. LEARN HOW TO TIP

I've been serving for years it still strikes me that the masses of people don't understand servers makes $2.13.  Although I haven't seen a paycheck in over 5 months since i have to claim my tips.  People don't understand it's a percentage base, not "oh this is 5 dollars in his pocket".  *%+ makes me sick, learn how to tip people and spread the word.  %15 if service was bare minimum 20% if everything was taken care of and 30% if it's that dude.
discuss servers or any one who's hatin'.  If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat and go buy 30 mcdoubles bum

The most annoying thing is when I go out with my friends that don't tip. I just hit them with the -____-. I don't tip off a set percentage tho. If I hit the bar and my order of drinks is $21 and I have a twenty and a 5, then it'll be a $4 tip. The most I've ever tipped at a restaurant has been $20, but the service was great.

Couldn't you just post in the last tipping thread? I'm not even hating man but you aren't going to convince people that don't tip or tip poorly to tip better. And you are preaching to the choir to anyone that held a similar job or tips well. No minds will be changed over a NT thread, no matter how many times it comes up. Sorry, its just the way it is man.

laugh.gif
Boy you got some nerve... telling us to learn how to tip and have sympathy for your !%! ain't gonna work.

We might as well tell you to get a better job! Get some an education and expand your options! Don't post in a forum *****ing at people how to spend THEIR money!

I know I'll get flame but oh well..Its not even about being able to afford to tip. You don't work for me you work for whatever place you serve at and you deserve a decent wage.minimum or more but its not my place to make up for the gap in your wages for the person who hired you.they should pay you a decent wage and be done with it..I also can't see how a server can really say anything b/c you agreed to work for that wage knowing a tip wasn't guarantee. I understand where your comming from but I can't really feel bad about it. If service is above average I'll leave somthing but don't expect me to just b/c your a server and make a sub par wage. Take that up with the owner or have a servers union to demand a fare wage IDK.. I don't think this is ever where though I remember in the last thread a few people said there states paid servers minimum wage

Your callin us bums if we go and don't tip well? Maybe it's you that should go elsewhere and get another job, unless you love it in which case you should be fine with it

It's not the customers duty to pay for your wages. I always tip when I go out, but don't act like your entitled to anything. 

i tip generously...but you want everyone to tip you 20-30%?

lol get a grip.

Tipping threads end just as well as religion or race threads.
Let's face it, some will tip and some won't, nothing said in this thread will change either side's opinion.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif
Boy you got some nerve... telling us to learn how to tip and have sympathy for your !%! ain't gonna work.

We might as well tell you to get a better job! Get some an education and expand your options! Don't post in a forum *****ing at people how to spend THEIR money!
OP talking about 30% TIP 
eek.gif
 + 
roll.gif

I think I tip very well, always 20%+ but for a server to be EXPECTING to receive 30% 
laugh.gif

i don't expect 30% im saying if i sit and talk with you and your all happy then it should be gravy. I recieved $30 on $90 the other night and i kind of expected it how well everything went. I hate to say it but the demographic of bad tippers is pretty much noticeable when they walk in the door wearing carrharts and plaid shirts with dirty boots. Or designer clothes with timbalands everyone has a flat bill on etc..

I tip generously, but the more yall waiters express yourself on nt the more I wanna say #+!# off.

The only way I could people changing is if they work as a server so they know how it feels.

I do have a tipping question though. Sometimes for lunch, me and my manager order food to go from a restaurant. So when I get there, I pay for it and it has the tip line. One time I did pay just cause it was second nature to whenever I see the tip line, but lately haven't cause I'm thinking, I'm not really getting served, but do most people tip if they are just picking up food?

If I get hooked up, I will tip more than 20%.

Generally speaking it's always between 15-20%.

I consider myself a damn good tipper but 30% is too much for a regular situation.  maybe if the server has gone above and beyond, but not if he or she is just trying to schmooze me by pretending to be my best friend.  
get a better job OP

Back
Top Bottom