Love for Spike Lee

powerballin

Banned
Man he might be my favorite film maker of all-time. Spike is just that dude.  He makes great films, he's socially aware, and he loves basketball on top of all that.

So many classics.  Do the Right Thing, He got Game, Bamboozled, Jungle Fever, Inside Man, Mo Better Blues, School Daze, Malcolm X.....

Spike is one of the few celebrities I wish I could meet and spend a day with. 

He does such a great job of incorporating music into his films.

Hes Mars Blackmon. I think that character inspired NIke to create Lil Penny too.

He directed one of the best Jordan commercials.

Kobe Doin Work was truly innovative

Props to him for everything he's ever done.  i hope he lives for a long time and continues to make great films.

spike-lee-438.jpg

Last edited:
kobe doin work was boring. face it. anyone could have given kobe a tv, remote and voice recorder to list his thoughts on the game he played. I thought we were gonna get an in depth look of kobe's life like Spike would get him to reveal what makes him tick, stuff no one knows about, preparation he takes to get to kobe level bball, etc. Boy was I disappointed.

First off, if Malcolm X was the only film he's ever done then he'd still be great to me. That movie is a classic. But to think he's also done School Daze, Do the Right Thing, Mo' Better Blues, The Original Kings of Comedy, 25th Hour, Inside Man, When The Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts, Kobe Doin' Work, If God Is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise, Red Hook Summer, & Bad 25 (to name a few), well, he's legend status in my book...

Looking forward to see Olboy good or bad...

He will alway's be appreciated..........for:

Miracle at St. Anna
Inside Man
Sucker Free City (TV movie)
She Hate Me
25th Hour
Jim Brown: All American
Bamboozled
The Original Kings of Comedy (documentary)
He Got Game
Get on the Bus
Girl 6
Clockers
Crooklyn
Malcolm X
Jungle Fever
Mo' Better Blues
Do the Right Thing
School Daze
She's Gotta Have It

No need to say anymore,they all speak for him......

I gotta check Red Hook Summer. His movies are good, but sometimes he just drives the point a little much. But he's a jerk in real life though, so he loses points with me on that front.

I don't approve or support everything he says or does, but I don't expect to with any director, writer, public figure.

He's made some great films. He could have retired after Do the Right Thing and Malcolm X and he'd still be one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom