Lottery, High Draft picks and Championships...

The topic came up with a few friends... And the only name I could come up with was Tim Duncan, although he achieved it within 2 years after being drafted, andEli Manning, and he did it in 3.

Who are some other top 10 or lottery picks that won a chip in their respective sport almost immediately?

Roethlisberger was drafted 10th?

Josh Beckett, drafted 2nd overall behind Josh Hamilton, won World Series MVP in his second full season.

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

How do y'all forget Magic? Only rookie to win Finals MVP.

Because a lot of people on this board never got to see Magic play.

Dwyane Wade won the title pretty quickly. I know he wasnt technically a lottery pick, but he should have been. As of right now he is at worst top 2 in hisdraft class.

I didn't get to see him play either but I thought it was common sense especially in a place filled with Lakers fans.

I know he wasnt technically a lottery pick, but he should have been.
How is 5th pick overall not a lottery pick?

"Technically", Kobe was a lottery pick at 13 and won in his 4th.

Soooooo, not sure how Wade wasn't "technically" a lottery dude at 5.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

How do y'all forget Magic? Only rookie to win Finals MVP.

Dwyane Wade won the title pretty quickly. I know he wasnt technically a lottery pick, but he should have been. As of right now he is at worst top 2 in his draft class.

look up 'lottery pick', seriously.

basic sports knowledge right there.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

The topic came up with a few friends... And the only name I could come up with was Tim Duncan, although he achieved it within 2 years after being drafted, and Eli Manning, and he did it in 3.

Who are some other top 10 or lottery picks that won a chip in their respective sport almost immediately?
Ben Roethlisburger.

And fa sho, Magic Johnson.
pimp.gif

Although I hate the Celtics, can Larry Legend get some love too?

Dwyane Wade won the title pretty quickly. I know he wasnt technically a lottery pick, but he should have been. As of right now he is at worst top 2 in his draft class.

indifferent.gif

My bad everyone. I thought the lottery picks were technically just the top 3. Seeing as how the lottery process includes only the top 3 picks, then every otherpick goes in record order.

Laugh all you want. My basketball knowledge is still higher than 75% of the people on this board.

My bad everyone. I thought the lottery picks were technically just the top 3. Seeing as how the lottery process includes only the top 3 picks, then every other pick goes in record order.

Laugh all you want. My basketball knowledge is still higher than 75% of the people on this board.
Sweet.
laugh.gif

You know what? I admitted to making a mistake. Whatever. I took the L....I get it. But you guys cant sit there and tell me that it is THAT stupid of a mistake.IM not trying to justify my mistake, but when teams win the lottery, where are their picks? 1-3. If you lose the lottery where are your picks? 4-14. I justassumed that if you didnt win the lottery, your picks arent lottery picks from 4-14.

Ok.....I blew it. Can we get back to the topic?

My bad everyone. I thought the lottery picks were technically just the top 3. Seeing as how the lottery process includes only the top 3 picks, then every other pick goes in record order.

just stop... you look dumber with every post you make
laugh.gif

You cannot get a pass for making 2 of the dumbest statements in the history of S&T especially when...

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom