Looking back at AJF Vol:Was it Really Sooo bad.

Ok I'm going through my old kicks since I'm back from school and I found 

AJF3 White Cement
AJF5 Black/red

AJF12 Playoffs

These were some of the Jordans that got me into collecting sneakers and though a while after I started with real retros and more I started to hate them. Niketalk and alot of the sneaker follorwers hated the damn sneakers but the general populace didnt but they fell off and the line stopped. 

Now I'm looking at them again and seeing that these kinda look nice in their own way. 
So Niketalk, looking back were AJF in the None FUNKY Colorways like Orange Burst but Nice ones like White Cement Really SOOOO BAD,

Ok I'm going through my old kicks since I'm back from school and I found 

AJF3 White Cement
AJF5 Black/red

AJF12 Playoffs

These were some of the Jordans that got me into collecting sneakers and though a while after I started with real retros and more I started to hate them. Niketalk and alot of the sneaker follorwers hated the damn sneakers but the general populace didnt but they fell off and the line stopped. 

Now I'm looking at them again and seeing that these kinda look nice in their own way. 
So Niketalk, looking back were AJF in the None FUNKY Colorways like Orange Burst but Nice ones like White Cement Really SOOOO BAD,

Honestly, the only AJF that I bought was that pair right there. I thought we'd never see another White/Cement III retro, so I bought those. They were also the closest to the OG's on those Fusions. III upper with AF sole.

All the other ones though,
sick.gif

Honestly, the only AJF that I bought was that pair right there. I thought we'd never see another White/Cement III retro, so I bought those. They were also the closest to the OG's on those Fusions. III upper with AF sole.

All the other ones though,
sick.gif

I rock fusion playoff xii's a lot, eventhough I have OG playoffs also. fusion XII's and the V's I was feeling, but it kind of got out of hand after that.

I rock fusion playoff xii's a lot, eventhough I have OG playoffs also. fusion XII's and the V's I was feeling, but it kind of got out of hand after that.

I cant stand those things, total waste of money to me. Hated when ppl hit me with "oh man i got those same jordans at home", that time i'm wernin some aqua 8s, and they talkn bout the fusion ones, c'mon son

I cant stand those things, total waste of money to me. Hated when ppl hit me with "oh man i got those same jordans at home", that time i'm wernin some aqua 8s, and they talkn bout the fusion ones, c'mon son

Originally Posted by luxurious24

QFT. I remember when the Eggplant foams released last year, and there was a huge line at my footlocker(i got there like half hour before opening) I knew I was going to get a pair cause I was like 20th in line. The line starts moving I get up there, ask the guy for a 10 in the purple foams, he says "you are the first person to buy these today". I look around everyone there is buying the AJF 8s in aqua. I cracked up so hard....

QFT. I remember when the Eggplant foams released last year, and there was a huge line at my footlocker(i got there like half hour before opening) I knew I was going to get a pair cause I was like 20th in line. The line starts moving I get up there, ask the guy for a 10 in the purple foams, he says "you are the first person to buy these today". I look around everyone there is buying the AJF 8s in aqua. I cracked up so hard....

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

These were some of the Jordans that got me into collecting sneakers....

That was Jordan Brand's intent from the begining. They release all these team and hybrid type shoes to get new people introduced into the Brand. Alot of younger kids never even seen MJ play or weren't into shoes back when most of us were. Once people get hooked, they start going after the more prestigious retros.

I myself never got into the whole hybrid concept....Especially with the AJF collabs. I can't stand the Dub Zeros, Spiz'ikes, 6Rings, 6-17-23's or any of the other mashup shoes they released. Some looked cool, but that was only because they looked like one of the originals that it was imitating (i.e. white/cement AJF3's). The only ones that I sorta liked were the .5 series. And that's because it was more of an "inspired by" design rather than a bunch of spare parts melted together.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

These were some of the Jordans that got me into collecting sneakers....

That was Jordan Brand's intent from the begining. They release all these team and hybrid type shoes to get new people introduced into the Brand. Alot of younger kids never even seen MJ play or weren't into shoes back when most of us were. Once people get hooked, they start going after the more prestigious retros.

I myself never got into the whole hybrid concept....Especially with the AJF collabs. I can't stand the Dub Zeros, Spiz'ikes, 6Rings, 6-17-23's or any of the other mashup shoes they released. Some looked cool, but that was only because they looked like one of the originals that it was imitating (i.e. white/cement AJF3's). The only ones that I sorta liked were the .5 series. And that's because it was more of an "inspired by" design rather than a bunch of spare parts melted together.

Originally Posted by bence23

Yes they were. We're not gonna justify your cops for you....

Not Trying to Justify them just asking Niketalk if their opinions on them have changed in anyway after Its all over. I regretted the purchase's once I got into retros.

Originally Posted by bence23

Yes they were. We're not gonna justify your cops for you....

Not Trying to Justify them just asking Niketalk if their opinions on them have changed in anyway after Its all over. I regretted the purchase's once I got into retros.

THIS!!!!!!

Kids were breaking necks cause I had the "orignials" and "those not fusions, them the OG joints!"
indifferent.gif

THIS!!!!!!

Kids were breaking necks cause I had the "orignials" and "those not fusions, them the OG joints!"
indifferent.gif

I bought five pairs of all of them so some day when they're worth a lot Ima flip em.
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom