LOCK.

Welp, I don't think one was made, so here's to our offseason and random talks.

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Picking up where he left off...Talking out of his #!!.

[h3]Jackson Believes Warriors Were Better Than Record Indicated[/h3]
May 16, 2012 10:14 PM EDT

Jackson_Mark_gsw_111226.jpg
Mark Jackson doesn't regret having guaranteed a postseason berth in his first season.

Jackson believes the Warriors, who finished with a 23-43 mark during the regular season, were better than their record indicated.

“We’re closer than that,

I'd like to see the Warriors move back to San Francisco in my lifetime. I also believe the Warriors will be better next season...Well, hopefully.

“@GSWFastBreak: Sources: Warriors have finalized plans to move to San Francisco. Announcement could come as early as Tues. Pier 31/32 arena w/ private $$$.

Move is planned for 2017-2018 season.

Isn't there a rule about how often we can change our jerseys? Or was that the NFL ..

I'm expecting to see the same jersey, but with San Francisco on it.

I think they will keep the Golden State name, just play up "The City" aspect more.
The location on the Embarcadero will be too dope.

Originally Posted by daprescription

World will be over by then, who cares..
Ahh, but it appears that you haven't read that it won't be...They de-bunked that myth/theory/thingy.

Can't wait till we get to lose in SF
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, it's gonna be grand.

After watching the Pacer game, I forgot how dope Conseco Field House is. They should move to have something like that on the pier...and if they're smart, they'll make a smaller type stadium. I.E. - 18,500 in seats (not including suites).

Originally Posted by chris82790

I thought it would be next to AT&T but i guess it'll be more towards Fisherman's Wharf.
As did I.  Now I fully expect the new arena to be a top notch, state of the art arena.  I know it will be incredible.  But I was kind of hoping it would be right there near AT&T Park.  I was hoping for a Staples Center-esque area around the two sports complexes.  Also, I dont care for the fact that you will have to go IN-in to San Francisco to go to the arena, rather than just the outskirts like AT&T and Candlestick.

Regardless, cant wait!
pimp.gif

As much as I would hate for them leave Oakland (with the ease of going to Oracle for me), it's the best move for them.

Let's hope they can drop the 'golden state' name and go with 'san francisco'. BAY AREA stand up!!!!

Supposedly partnering up with the Giants isn't off the table...

The Warriors have a time limit to this because of the lease at Oracle. Larry Ellison of all people (and monies) decided to forgo development on these piers....

I'm sad that they are moving away from The Town. I fear that the rowdiness and fandom that the "Roar-acle" is known for would be dropped down a notch.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

I'm sad that they are moving away from The Town. I fear that the rowdiness and fandom that the "Roar-acle" is known for would be dropped down a notch.
Its funny to me that this so called "fandom" is somehow equated to Oakland fans by some people.  The entire Bay Area supports the Warriors, not just Oakland fans.  In fact, based on the way Oakland fans support the other Oakland teams, it wouldnt be a stretch to say that most Warrior fans come from places.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

Its funny to me that this so called "fandom" is somehow equated to Oakland fans by some people.  The entire Bay Area supports the Warriors, not just Oakland fans.  In fact, based on the way Oakland fans support the other Oakland teams, it wouldnt be a stretch to say that most Warrior fans come from places.

I dont mean necessarily just Oakland. I just feel that with a new arena, ticket prices are expected to rise, meaning more wine sipping, socialite-fair-weather "fans" filling the seats.

I don't mind the move at all, it was expected for whoever bought the team. Should be cool once it opens
pimp.gif

It also means ticket prices are going to shoot through the roof, but I'd rather have that happen at a new arena than at Oracle..

Back
Top Bottom