Little Brother Debate: The Minstrel Show vs. The Listening

I have always thought The Listening was better and thought most shared my sentiments. But after talking with a few people it seems I am in the minority. 
grin.gif

Which Little Brother album is better in your opinion and why?

Sidenote: After hearing Phonte spit:

"I want a girl, when I want a girl
And when I don't want a girl, I want a girl who understands that
And that's some hard %$!! to explain
To a woman that's in love with you, it's a pitiful thing
Until I had to figure
That I don't wanna play around, but I don't wanna settle down
And that's a man's dilemma, 'cause every man remembers
How his daddy and his uncles did it
'Cause more than likely that's the way they're gonna do it"

I now see Drake's whole blueprint
laugh.gif

I have always thought The Listening was better and thought most shared my sentiments. But after talking with a few people it seems I am in the minority. 
grin.gif

Which Little Brother album is better in your opinion and why?

Sidenote: After hearing Phonte spit:

"I want a girl, when I want a girl
And when I don't want a girl, I want a girl who understands that
And that's some hard %$!! to explain
To a woman that's in love with you, it's a pitiful thing
Until I had to figure
That I don't wanna play around, but I don't wanna settle down
And that's a man's dilemma, 'cause every man remembers
How his daddy and his uncles did it
'Cause more than likely that's the way they're gonna do it"

I now see Drake's whole blueprint
laugh.gif

Drake has cited Tay as a huge influence, if it isn't obvious.

I prefer the Minstrel Show, but it's a hard one. Listening kinda tapers off at the end whereas Minstrel Show is dope all the way through IMO.

I prefer the Minstrel Show, but it's a hard one. Listening kinda tapers off at the end whereas Minstrel Show is dope all the way through IMO.

If I had to pick I'd go with Minstrel Show. Great concept album. But The Listening is amazing in a totally different way. Both great albums. 

If I had to pick I'd go with Minstrel Show. Great concept album. But The Listening is amazing in a totally different way. Both great albums. 

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

He has. And it is obvious but after I heard that line that's when I was like this guy Drake. And how can it taper off towards the end with joints like "Nightmare Maneuvers" & "The Listening"

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

He has. And it is obvious but after I heard that line that's when I was like this guy Drake. And how can it taper off towards the end with joints like "Nightmare Maneuvers" & "The Listening"

The Minstrel Show, more of a polished sound and you can definitely note the growth that the group experienced as a whole.

The Minstrel Show, more of a polished sound and you can definitely note the growth that the group experienced as a whole.

i always thought bout this the listening has the slight edge imo
gah i just bumped away from me... <3

i always thought bout this the listening has the slight edge imo
gah i just bumped away from me... <3

Percy Miracles makes the Minstrel Show win lol both are real good album i just prefer Minstrel Show

Percy Miracles makes the Minstrel Show win lol both are real good album i just prefer Minstrel Show

Back
Top Bottom