Lil' Wayne & Kid Rock Gone Country

Kid Rock I knew about, but Weezy? This dude just shows up anywhere he can I guess. He probably just wanted some action from some of them fine !%@ countrybroads though.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_mu/music_cma_awards_lil_waynehttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_mu/music_cma_awards_lil_waynehttp://news.yahoo.com/s/a...usic_cma_awards_lil_wayne

[h1]
capt.e8558e6555a64927ab17fd23f63f6d3b.cma_awards_show_tnjc149.jpg

Lil Wayne joins Kid Rock on Stage at CMA show[/h1]
Wed Nov 12, 11:09 pm ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - It wasn't hick-hop but real hip-hop at the CMA Awards as Lil Wayne joined Kid Rock onstage during country music'sbiggest night.

Kid Rock brought the prolific and best-selling rapper on stage Wednesday as he performed his hit "AllSummer Long." But Lil Wayne didn't rap: In fact, he didn't say a word. Instead Lil Wayne, wearing a Tennessee Titans jersey that matchedKid Rock's, simply remained in the background, strumming on a guitar as he mimicked playing the instrument alongside the musician's real guitarist.

It may have been the first time a true rapper appeared at the CMAs: While Cowboy Troy performed during the CMAs in 2004, the self-proclaimed "hick-hop" artist was a country act, not a rap one.

Lil Wayne is known for hits like "Lollipop" and "A Milli." His album "Tha CarterIII" is the year's best-selling disc so far with 2.6 million copies sold.

While having a rapper appear at the Country Music Association's awards show may seem like aculture clash, for Kid Rock, it was a reminder of his roots: Although he has had strong success on thecountry charts, he got his start in hip-hop.

This is not the first time the pair have appeared onstage together at an awards show: They also performed at the MTV Video Music Awards in September.

Kid Rock's CD "Rock 'n Roll Jesus," released last year, remains one of this year's best-selling albums and has sold more than 2.3million copies.

i saw that last night when my mom was watching the awards. I couldn't figure out why he was there though. he did nothing but just stand there with a guitarin his hand.

thats kinda insulting that he went to the CMAs and played pretend guitar.

Imagine how ANGRY people would be if Tim Mcgraw came on stage along side Young Jeezy and just mimicked rapping behind him...

lol

laugh.gif
I was watching that live last night when it happend and I had to takea second look, couldnt believe weezy was actually on a Country Awards show.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I am StewRat

did he not learn from nelly's mistake
what mistake?

collabing with Tim McGraw and making a double-platinum hit single was a mistake?

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

Wayne needs to just overdose on something already.
i wanted this to happen at one point, but i dont think we want that to happen. if he did die, then all the wayne stans would start calling him alegend and people will start to refer to him as the "greatest rapper of all time" just because he passed away so early. (lol i thought about this alittle)

Did he actually play the lick to Sweet Home Alabama on the guitar or just hit two frets on a chord like he usually does? Either way, that fool needs to dropthe guitar and TRY to focus on making good music

Did he actually play the lick to Sweet Home Alabama on the guitar or just hit two frets on a chord like he usually does? Either way, that fool needs to dropthe guitar and TRY to focus on making good music

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by I am StewRat

did he not learn from nelly's mistake
what mistake?

collabing with Tim McGraw and making a double-platinum hit single was a mistake?

i think nelly lost a lot of his core fanbase because of that song. what hit single has he had since? i don't listen to the radio much anymore but ihaven't heard much from dude besides that "oh you stepped on my j's" song, which was crapola

Back
Top Bottom