Let's hear the crazy sports ideas you've thought of (vol. BASEketball)

darthska

Staff member
Let's hear 'em.

Football... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... with cars.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

You maybe use a magnet ball and the QB car has a thrower on it and the driver can launch the ball down the field and hope his target car reels it in instead ofthe defensive cars.

laugh.gif

Oh... the field? Well clearly a 100 yard field won't work when you're driving cars, so I'm thinking... like... a half mile long and a quarter milewide. The QB car would need some kind of tracking device to keep track of his teammates after the snap, like a screen on his dash that shows his people drivingtheir routes and the coverage they have on them.

"Moss is still questionable this week with that broken radiator his car suffered against the Dolphins."

roll.gif

pimp.gif

You ain't grown; get back in touch with your junior high days and let's hear your crazy sports ideas.
smokin.gif

only a mod can get away with posting that idea
laugh.gif

my sport....

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPER TENNIS (thats how its pronounced)

I practically live on the property of a middle school (not cuz im there all the time, but my house is right next to it lol.) Its got a tennis court thatsseperated from a basketball by a really tall fence. Idk how it came about, put one day when i had a few cousins over and we were playing tennis. We werentseperated by the net on a tennis court though. One person was on the tennis court, and the other on the basketball court. The rules were the same as tennis,just a 25 foot high fence instead of a net haha.

27th4theHood wrote:
put down the egg nog ska...
First off, I do love egg nog, but I haven't had ANY this holiday season.
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
I... I have no idea how that happened.

Second, I'm pretty sure when you say 'egg nog', you're talking about 'egg nog + whatever alcohol is mixed in with it'. Me? C'mon,man... I drink plain ol' egg nog.

I always liked the combination games that already exist... like Wally-ball and Frolf... so probably something along those lines.

nYcHipHopHippo wrote:
my sport....

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPER TENNIS (thats how its pronounced)

I practically live on the property of a middle school (not cuz im there all the time, but my house is right next to it lol.) Its got a tennis court thats seperated from a basketball by a really tall fence. Idk how it came about, put one day when i had a few cousins over and we were playing tennis. We werent seperated by the net on a tennis court though. One person was on the tennis court, and the other on the basketball court. The rules were the same as tennis, just a 25 foot high fence instead of a net haha.
So... tennis, but with a 25 foot fence in the middle instead of a regular tennis net?

Heck yeah. I like it.
pimp.gif
Then you'd actually have to climb the fenceto spike it, and if your opponent plays the return from your spike attempt well enough to hit the ball on the backline of your court, then you have to hurry upand get down off the fence and run back to return it, or just make the 25 foot jump and run back.
eek.gif
nerd.gif

roll.gif

That tennis idea sounds dope. I don't have any crazy ideas, but I think a National Kickball League would be fun as hell. That or capture the flagassociation.

Playing football with a baseball and gloves instead of a football.
but that would be too dangerous

Basketball without !#@%% calls

and basketball dodgeball

The dividing line between the two teams is the center of the court, i.e the middle of the ft line, i.e perpendicular from the baseline of the goal you'llbe shooting on. Then, it's just regular dodgeball except you have a few basketballs rolling around as well and in order to save a teammate who has beenout, you have to make a 3pt'er. For every 3 made, an out teammate gets to return to the field of play. It's fun as hell. You have dodgeballs flying,dudes shooting 3s trying to avoid getting popped, if you're really tough you can throw the basketballs at each other too.

^ O.K., you said 'It's fun as hell,' suggesting that you've done this before.

So it's halfcourt, right?

So your team against my team in a game of dodgeball, except there are basketball's out on the floor as well. So if there's a basketball in front of meand a dodgeball in front of me, I could choose to either pick up the basketball and hit the shot, bringing one of my teammates back in, or I could choose topick up the dodgeball and try to take one of you guys out. Right?

That does sound fun.
smile.gif

I like it.

I take it you can't throw the basketballs at each other, right? You can only throw the dodgeballs.

^ Well, it's easiest in a 6 goal gym that has 2 parallel going side and one "big" court that goes longways, because then the lines will alreadybe there. It'd be the halfcourt line of the parallel courts that would be the center dividing line.

Using this court I just copped off google, the long orange line I drew longways is the center line. People of opposite teams are obviously throwing dodgeballsat each other to get each other out and those out stand on the side like normal dodgeball. Now you have the basketballs around as well and you can shoot a3pt'er from anywhere on your side of the court to get your teammates in. While you're doing so, the opposition is still throwing balls at you so yourbest bet is to shoot just corner 3s. Nah, generally you couldn't throw the balls to get each other out unless you decide you want to.

I had this funass class called "teaching pe in the jr/sr high" and the same for elementary that for like half the semester we just went over therules of these types of things then did them in the gym. I'm gonna see if I can find that folder. He had so many fun ones I had never thought of, likethere's a baseball/dodgeball collabo game we played too.

court.jpg

actually I guess you don't have to make it 3pters. You could just make it any shot really, because the degree of difficulty lost by taking a closer shotlike a layup is restored by the fact the closer you are to the basket, the closer you are to the other team who is throwing balls at you. If you take it realserious, you'd have strategy where your best shooter is shooting the whole game and you got teammates rebounding and covering him

I tried playing basketball with a football and a tennis ball.

ska is either drunk or has had his mind transposed with the mind of a 5 year old.

Nothing special but.............
Football with XFL rules.

PLUS during field goals we have trampolines in the end zone......for the defense to jump of off and try and block the kick. Also the tramps can be used for thereceivers and defenders to go up to catch/defend the ball.

Or Volleyball with like a 15 foot net.....and also trampolines for the front row (ten feet to the net). That way there would be some crazt battles up theretrying to block/hit. Rule is though, the hitter can only hit into the back row, that way the passers have a fair chance of hitting the ball. oh and there areno unders, if you land on the other side of the net you can crawl back.
YES i have been thinking about slam ball too much

Back
Top Bottom