Les Miles tells players he's gone

Who will LSU look to hire now? Right now their top choices are Saban, Spurrier and Tuberville...All are listening especially Spurrier who feels betrayed afterall the promises S Carolina made him.

Source?

I bet you Tubberville wishes that Satan will go back to LSU so he can stop stealing all his Alabama recruits...
laugh.gif

From everything ive read Spurrier isnt interested in coaching at a pressure cooker again. But if he's really having problems at S.C. then who knows. Plusas we know money talks. Or Nick Saban bolting for there would be hilarious LOL.

Props to Miles for telling his kids now and not drawing this out (if true). Woulda been real interesting though to see how he would have acted if LSU wasundefeated right now and about to play for the title in a month.

Doesnt Miles also have like a 1.2 mil penalty if he goes to Michigan? Thought I read that.

It would be sooooo funny if somehow Nick Saben ended back up at LSU, the people down in Baton Rouge really do believe he is Satan, but he did bring them achampionship so it would be very interesting to see how they react.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Doesnt Miles also have like a 1.2 mil penalty if he goes to Michigan? Thought I read that.
yea, and Michigan will pay that.

Possibly but not all of it. Michigan is cheap and that is what kicks them in the butt over and over again. They may be changing their ways but therewas some controversy on how much they would pay for Beliens buyout. The buyout for Les is 1.25 and he may have to pay a bit of it. I hope not but don't besurprised either way. I have heard that Sunday could be the day that Les is announced the new HC. I have heard that Les had some requests about Michigan notbeing cheap with assistants, recruiting and S&C. Apparently he liked what he heard and things could move along very quickly. I am happy. I think Les is apretty good coach that will surround himself with some very good coordinators.

Newbs, I haven't been following this much because I've had other stuff to do, but would the hiring of Miles mean that all the old assistants are gone?

is miles taking crowton with him? i hope not for michigans sake..

i think tuberville really wants that lsu job, but if not he'll take the arky one. pelini will be named head coach of nebraska beginning of next week. maybemuschamp will take the head job at au?

petrino wants out of atl as well.......

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yea, and Michigan will pay that.
Possibly but not all of it. Michigan is cheap and that is what kicks them in the butt over and over again. They may be changing their ways but there was some controversy on how much they would pay for Beliens buyout. The buyout for Les is 1.25 and he may have to pay a bit of it. I hope not but don't be surprised either way. I have heard that Sunday could be the day that Les is announced the new HC. I have heard that Les had some requests about Michigan not being cheap with assistants, recruiting and S&C. Apparently he liked what he heard and things could move along very quickly. I am happy. I think Les is a pretty good coach that will surround himself with some very good coordinators.

I thought Lloyd Carr got his assistants and coordinators contract extensions before he retired? Michigan would have to pay them out too if Miles broughtin his guys.

Michigans coaches ARE under contract for next year. From what I have heard the only guys that would remain right now is Scot Loeffler (QB coach), Erik Campbell(WR coach) and Fred Jackson (RB coach). Other than that everything else is a crap shoot. Nobody knows.

I do know that Michigan will more than likely go out of the norm and pay the assistants more money than they have been used to. I have no clue who thecoordinators will be. I have heard quite a few names for DC but none have been Ron English. I think he will go elsewhere and can't say that I am too sad. Ithink he was a little overrated when it came to game planning and in-game-changes. The guys I have heard for DC have all been very intriguing. The main one iskinda unproven but still plays an aggressive game. The OC is a total mystery. I have heard that Crowton could come with Les but no guarantees. I really wantedLarry Porter (LSU's RB coach) but for some reason Fred Jackson might get the nod. I think Fred is decent at best with the RBs but some think it might be totry and please Sam McGuffie and keep him around. Never been that high on the kid but think he will be good. Campbell is buddies with Les and Les loves Lefty sothose 2 seem like locks. I think Moeller the OL coach could go to LB coach but I would prefer a new regime with only keeping Soup and Lefty on board. The restof the staff is terrible. Maybe just maybe, we will get a Special Teams coach. Not that it would have mattered against say Appy St. Thnaks for the embarassmentLLLLLLOYD

real talk if i was a player i would have told him good for you and just go ahead and bounce now

Originally Posted by raw120

Who will LSU look to hire now? Right now their top choices are Saban, Spurrier and Tuberville...All are listening especially Spurrier who feels betrayed after all the promises S Carolina made him.

I'd give anything to see Saban move yet again. Alabama would drive to LSU and hog tide that fool.
roll.gif

^you guys dont have a special teams coach or was it lloyd
Nope didn't have one. Why the hell would we have a ST coach? Its not like that could actually decide the outcome of a game. Do you guys now realizewhy the people with a brain are happy that dope is not the coach anymore? This is why a coach that actually knows how to run a team (good or bad depending onwho you talk to) is going to be welcomed in Ann Arbor. Expect by the morons that think LLLLLLOYD was a good coach and are made because someone who hedoesn't like is going to be coaches.

The fnny thing is, all the LSU fans that I have talked to (about 30-40) have said nothing but good things about Les. They really weren't pleased with howthe players react when put in tough spots in certain games or his coordinators.

"Why the hell would we have a ST coach? Its not like that could actually decide the outcome of a game"

App St. game ring a bell?

Nope didn't have one. Why the hell would we have a ST coach? Its not like that could actually decide the outcome of a game. Do you guys now realize why the people with a brain are happy that dope is not the coach anymore? This is why a coach that actually knows how to run a team (good or bad depending on who you talk to) is going to be welcomed in Ann Arbor. Expect by the morons that think LLLLLLOYD was a good coach and are made because someone who he doesn't like is going to be coaches.

The fnny thing is, all the LSU fans that I have talked to (about 30-40) have said nothing but good things about Les. They really weren't pleased with how the players react when put in tough spots in certain games or his coordinators.
He was being sarcastic. I'm sure he remembers the App St game, no one will ever forget that joint.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Nope didn't have one. Why the hell would we have a ST coach? Its not like that could actually decide the outcome of a game. Do you guys now realize why the people with a brain are happy that dope is not the coach anymore? This is why a coach that actually knows how to run a team (good or bad depending on who you talk to) is going to be welcomed in Ann Arbor. Expect by the morons that think LLLLLLOYD was a good coach and are made because someone who he doesn't like is going to be coaches.

The fnny thing is, all the LSU fans that I have talked to (about 30-40) have said nothing but good things about Les. They really weren't pleased with how the players react when put in tough spots in certain games or his coordinators.
He was being sarcastic. I'm sure he remembers the App St game, no one will ever forget that joint.

Someone with a sense of humor. Thank you for clearing that up for them. Its tough for some people t grasp the concept of sarcasm.

You guys didn't think that whole game I was sitting there screaming because the kicker was garbage and the players had no clue what to do? Iwouldn't speak to anyone for 3 days because our coaching staff was completely Corky Thatcher that game. This was also the reason we failed to do anythingwhen we returned a kick or punt. The 3 best guys we could have had returning for us (Babb,Williams,Horn) were true freshman but they got hurt. The problem wasthey weren't even looked at because LLLLLLoyd doesn't trust freshman back there. Also the reason we haven't blocked a punt in the last 10 years.This regime was so +%%$$+ it wasn't even funny.

Herbstreit just said that Miles is headed for Michigan on Monday...and he's bringing Jon Tenuta with him. Wow.

(I think Tenuta was done at GT since they're after Randy Edsall of UConn, a defensive guy, to be their new HC.)

Originally Posted by DLo13

Herbstreit just said that Miles is headed for Michigan on Monday...and he's bringing Jon Tenuta with him. Wow.

(I think Tenuta was done at GT since they're after Randy Edsall of UConn, a defensive guy, to be their new HC.)

That was one of the 5 or so names we were hoping for as DC. He was #1 on a lot of peoples boards. That guy knows how to run a defense. If he comes alongwith Les I would be very happy. I think Tenuta could do wonderful things with a defense that loses only 4 players that were in the rotation. Our entire stableof DLineman are back. The LBs are going to need work but Thompson and Ezeh will be back and got good run this year. Ezeh will take Crables spot and JT theMIKE. Young, fast, athletic guys are also sitting in the dark at LB for us. We lose both safteies but Englemon will be the only one missed, Lots of talent inthe DBackfield but still kinda young. Trent and Warren should be rock solid. I really hope this is true. Still trying to get word from our insider who is alock to get things right when he guarantees it.

Back
Top Bottom