Leo and Martin Scorsese teaming up again for "The Devil in the White City"

based on the book by the same name, this should be awesome...

The book is set in Chicago, circa 1893, intertwining the true tales of Daniel H. Burnham, the architect behind the 1893 World's Fair, and Dr. H. H. Holmes, the serial killer who lured his victims to their deaths in his elaborately constructed "Murder Castle."

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/leonardo-dicaprio-and-martin-scorsese-reteam-for-126381256972.html

Between book option and Ray’s writing fees, this is a solid seven figure commitment, and much more when the picture gets made. Paramount’s Elizabeth Raposo will oversee it with Evans.

DiCaprio will play one of the most prolific serial killers in Chicago history, the 19th Century equivalent of Hannibal Lecter. He has wanted this for a long time, but the project’s second wind occurred after Warner Bros let the rights lapse a month ago on the 2003 non-fiction book (Graham Moore was among the writers who did drafts) and came out of conversations with Par’s Brad Grey and Scorsese and Yorn about the studio being at the center of the next DiCaprio-Scorsese teaming, after the studio released

The Wolf Of Wall Street and it got five Oscar nominations. Yorn, DiCaprio and Scorsese went out with a new take on the material from Ray that got everybody excited all over again. The trick with this property has been interlacing the two main characters, the producer/architect of the World’s Fair, and the man who works for him and turned out to be a mass murderer. Ray cracked that, and the town flipped for it.

DiCaprio will play Dr. HH Holmes, a cunning serial killer believed to have murdered anywhere from 27 to 200 people at a time when the city of Chicago was enthralled with hosting the World’s Fair of 1893. Holmes constructed The World’s Fair Hotel, an inn more lethal than the Bates Motel, especially for young single women. The sociopath used charm and guile to lure guests into what became known as a “murder castle,” a haunt that had a gas chamber, crematorium and a dissecting table where Holmes would murder his victims and strip their skeletons to sell for medical and scientific study.

Last edited:
Oh this was a great book. It was on my HS reading list. I'll definitely be checking for this. I know they won't disappoint.

IN 
pimp.gif

Didn't know of the book but didn't this (or something ver similar) actually happen? 

I remember catching a documentary about this a while back. 

I started reading this book like 4 years ago when I first heard about this.
I'm halfway through...looking forward to reading how things go down.

HH Holmes oh my GOODNESS

America's first serial killer 
eek.gif

Lured his victims into his "castle"
 Holmes opened a hotel which he had designed and built for himself specifically with murder in mind, and which was the location of many of his murders. While he confessed to 27 murders, of which nine were confirmed, his actual body count could be over 200.[sup][3][/sup]  He brought an unknown number of his victims to his World's Fair Hotel, located about 3 miles (4.8 km) west of the fair, which was held in Jackson Park.

Last edited:
this guy was a lunatic ..this should be good ..son was really collecting life insurance & selling corpses to medical schools, had rooms with blowtorches in them & used them as incinerators, had lynching rooms, lime pits .. can't wait to see this .. but for some reason it seems like daniel day lewis would have been more fitting for this role, perhaps because they favor each other, & i think he's still on his hiatus.

One of my favorite director/actor combos in cinema at the moment. Will definitely be checking this out!

Back
Top Bottom